Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2012, 21:45   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr
3)i don't 'look' geniune enough with shorts. (hey, I wanna buy one)
4) too many customers Window shopping.

Visited Ford, hyundai, skoda, Chevy and VW.. None were more welcoming than usual.

Very negligent or no discounts at all.. When a customer is walking in to plonk 20 lakhs, and better experience is expected.

Bangalore market seems to have hit the saturation.
Change your dress and see the attention. Or you should flash your cheque book.
Old 13th November 2012, 22:23   #2747
BHPian

XYLO E4 - November 2012 offer

Visited the local satellite dealership of Mahindra at Erode - the CAI to get the latest OTR.

Offer for Xylo : 50% discount on insurance (Comprehensive)

Without Offer:
Xylo E4 BS3 SRP : 8.22 lacs
OTR : 9.6 lacs (includes insurance @ Rs.30k, Reg&Tax @ Rs.86K, Ext Warr (opt), Basic Accessories (opt))

After Offer:
OTR : 9.45 lacs

I was told that the year-end offers will be announced during first week of December. But the SA doesnt have any clue about what the December offer might be.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:56   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid Ambition

Called up the dealer in Chennai after I got an sms announcing offers as high as Rs. 3 Lakh off on Skodas.

I had an eye on a Rapid Ambition TDI for a while and thought there may be some good discounts now, but after calling, I found the only offer is that of free insurance (Rs. 23K off from on road price of Rs. 10,17,000, resulting in a net on-road price of Rs. 9,94,000, excluding Skoda Shield) - the offer did not sound very impressive to me.

Has anyone got any better offers than this recently?
Old 15th November 2012, 11:41   #2749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon
Called up the dealer in Chennai after I got an sms announcing offers as high as Rs. 3 Lakh off on Skodas.

I had an eye on a Rapid Ambition TDI for a while and thought there may be some good discounts now, but after calling, I found the only offer is that of free insurance (Rs. 23K off from on road price of Rs. 10,17,000, resulting in a net on-road price of Rs. 9,94,000, excluding Skoda Shield) - the offer did not sound very impressive to me.

Has anyone got any better offers than this recently?
Guess the 3L offer is for petrol Laura?! Read there is close to a 30k discount on the Rapid, nothing more.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 11:56   #2750
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess the 3L offer is for petrol Laura?! Read there is close to a 30k discount on the Rapid, nothing more.
Thanks swiftnfurious!

Yes, the 3 Lakh discount is for Petrol Laura RS. (19.98 minus 3 = 16.98 on road)
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 12:36   #2751
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Well maybe they have gone down ,the advertisement which i saw and posted ( posting again for your reference below) gives a figure of 60,000 - maybe this is applicable only on the petrol then , or were you advised that its 30,000 irrespective of petrol or diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
This out yesterday in the Delhi times , i have not called to enquire what the offer is exactly or the components that make it reach 60,000 , assuming insurance would definitely be part of it.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:08   #2752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo
Well maybe they have gone down ,the advertisement which i saw and posted ( posting again for your reference below) gives a figure of 60,000 - maybe this is applicable only on the petrol then , or were you advised that its 30,000 irrespective of petrol or diesel?
I didn't talk to any guys, read it somewhere (yahoo ?). So not sure how authentic is it. But seems inline with the quote our bhpian got.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:21   #2753
gemi_kk

Got a mail from VW Mentioning the following offers.

Benifits on Polo of 55K
benifits on Vento of 70K
VW finance at 5.99%

However from the dealer the insurance is free worth 41K + some 22-25K discounts including corp + something else + some accessories.

The dealer was not ready to give the 5.99% finance for vento TDI, However he called me up after 2 days and says, i have managed for the VW finance too for you, however it would be for only 3 years.

SwiftnFurious:
The discounts on rapid are 30K including all, dont know why,

WIth the above offers from VW on Vento and Polo, Skoda seems to be a more premium brand than VW.

Old 17th November 2012, 16:46   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Got a mail from VW Mentioning the following offers.
Benifits on Polo of 55K
benifits on Vento of 70K
VW finance at 5.99%
Just visited Vidyut motors in Pune, my brother is considering the Polo 1.2 TDI highline. We were told that the only discount on offer is free insurance at the moment, the offer is valid till end of the month and they don't have stock so no use of the offer. Even with the offer the discount would be just around Rs 21-22k. Do you know the breakup of the 55K offer? What's the corporate discount being offered? We were offered just 9k, even though my brother's company is in the platinum category.

Rate of interest quoted was 7.49%. Looking at your post it seems that the rate is negotiable. Can anyone confirm?

Also we were told that we HAVE to buy insurance from them at the quoted price to avail VW finance scheme. (The insurance provider is Bajaj Allianz). When I asked if I get a lower insurance quote from outside will you match it? I was told that it cannot be done, even if I get a lower quote from Bajaj Allianz. .
Old 17th November 2012, 20:07   #2755
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Just visited Vidyut motors in Pune, my brother is considering the Polo 1.2 TDI highline. We were told that the only discount on offer is free insurance at the moment, the offer is valid till end of the month and they don't have stock so no use of the offer. Even with the offer the discount would be just around Rs 21-22k. Do you know the breakup of the 55K offer? What's the corporate discount being offered? We were offered just 9k, even though my brother's company is in the platinum category.

Rate of interest quoted was 7.49%. Looking at your post it seems that the rate is negotiable. Can anyone confirm?

Also we were told that we HAVE to buy insurance from them at the quoted price to avail VW finance scheme. (The insurance provider is Bajaj Allianz). When I asked if I get a lower insurance quote from outside will you match it? I was told that it cannot be done, even if I get a lower quote from Bajaj Allianz. .
Definitely, the dealer is taking you for a ride.

The mail doesn't communicate the details.
But there are three benefits.
1) Special benefits up to 55K on Polo. Vento 70K
2) Special Corporate Offer.
3)Attractive Interest rate of 5.99% .

From the dealer, the benefits are same. Insurance is free. The discounts were coming to 22k - 25K which would be deducted from invoice, rest were in the form of accessories.

Frankly speaking, i never tried hard in VW. I just visited, took a test drive. and showed interest that i need to buy a car by one month. The sales guy directly gave the offer upfront, however after 2 days

Regarding VW finance, he told me clearly that it would be for 3 years only for diesel cars. This will not work for me as the EMI per lakh would easily cross 3500/- so never bothered about it. Try pushing hard. Try to show some negligence and say, others are giving better offers and you are taking me for a ride. Also tell him that, you have choosen XXX and polo and now you are trying to justify your decision so you visited VW. This should create some good level of interest on you.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 17th November 2012 at 20:10. Reason: adding para
  (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 10:06   #2756
Distinguished - BHPian

What kind of discounts can I expect on the Eon and the BRio EMT? A friend is interested in buying a small hatch for strictly city driving. I am suggesting him to choose between the Eon and the Brio since his budget is around 4L OTR ( convincing him to increase it a little for the Brio). At the same time the newly launced Nano with added features makes a compelling case too.
Old 18th November 2012, 13:46   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What kind of discounts can I expect on the Eon and the BRio EMT? A friend is interested in buying a small hatch for strictly city driving. I am suggesting him to choose between the Eon and the Brio since his budget is around 4L OTR ( convincing him to increase it a little for the Brio). At the same time the newly launced Nano with added features makes a compelling case too.
I would say a Beat D makes a more compelling case here - the running costs would offset the EMI increase and resale for a diesel vehicle is definitely higher considering the current market scenario. The space age looks are a bonus !
Old 18th November 2012, 16:06   #2758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
I would say a Beat D makes a more compelling case here - the running costs would offset the EMI increase and resale for a diesel vehicle is definitely higher considering the current market scenario. The space age looks are a bonus !
His expected running is low and does not warrant a diesel var. The car should do around 10 km a day and would not cross 500 km a month at any cost. So he is considering only petrol hatches. I feel Eon will suit him the best and trying to find out the type of discounts I can get him for the same.
Old 18th November 2012, 17:42   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
About 2 days back I enquired for the Brio EMT and the sales chap said that it has been discontinued and only the next variant is available which comes with front 2 power windows,music system,power steering and price would be 4.80L OTR Chennai after all discounts. Hope this is of help to you.
Old 18th November 2012, 18:18   #2760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Brio E(MT) is the least discounted variant. You can get a Free Insurance. and that is pretty much it.

By the way, For strictly city driving, do look at the Chevy as well. It is much more refined than the Eon. And. Much cheaper than Brio. You can get about 30k discount on its ex-showroom price
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed