Old 12th December 2012, 22:54   #2911

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
In my experience in dealing with used cars, the used car dealers haggle a lot saying that car model year(as entered in the RC) is what it matters.

I totally agree and it's a fact.
When the showroom sells you the car they tell you its the registration date that matters. This is not true. They are trying to get rid of their old stock.
It is the Manufacturing date which matters.
Try and sell a car to a second hand dealer.
The first thing they do is check the glasses of the car where the year of manufacture is embossed.
That's what they take as the model year irrespective of what your RC book says.
For example if you have bought a Dec 2010 car in say January 2011 and registered it in say Feb 2011, it will still be a 2010 car.
Don't be fooled by dealers.
However, if the year is not a problem for you then bargain hard to get a further discount (30 to 40K for a mid size sedan) as it the previous years model and that's the hit you will take when you go to sell it.

Rgds.
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 12:49   #2912

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Has anyone bought a Wagon R CNG lately? Would love to know what kind of discounts / freebies can one expect? Also, should I buy now or wait till Jan (considering we are in the last few days of 2012)? Also, should the car be 2013 model (manufacturing date) also or will late 2012 will do? How does this impact resale value? Many thanks.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:44   #2913

Originally Posted by jesse_916 View Post
Has anyone bought a Wagon R CNG lately? Would love to know what kind of discounts / freebies can one expect? Also, should I buy now or wait till Jan (considering we are in the last few days of 2012)? Also, should the car be 2013 model (manufacturing date) also or will late 2012 will do? How does this impact resale value? Many thanks.
Though the final discount you end up with totally depends upon the kind of haggling you manage to do and how old the model of vehicle you are getting. You can get some pointers about the discounts currently running on various car models in the below link:

Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The year end discounts for 2012 has been put on Zigwheels. Its a very exhaustive list

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...on-cars/15030/
I always strongly feel that December is the best month to buy new vehicles, and when an open to all link clearly shows what sort of discounts currently are running on various models, it clearly shows what sort of inventory levels the manufacturer is carrying. Personally i would suggest you to buy the vehicle in December itself, though that said, the resale value will definitely be affected. A December 2012 car would be called a 2012 model and a January 2013 make will always be called a 2013 model irrespective of the date of registration depicted on the RC book.
Prodigyy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 18:12   #2914

Any idea on discounts on the current S class in Mumbai?
Old 13th December 2012, 19:28   #2915

Today's edition of the Bombay Times has the Skoda Rapid advertised starting at Rs. 6.8 Lacs. As part of its 1 year anniversary, the Rapid has a Sat-Nav device, a Thermocool Box, Bluetooth Kit and Reverse Parking Sensor.

Special interest rate, insurance, anniversary bonus et al.

Conditions apply, of course!

Here's the link:

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...ue&Skin=TOINEW

Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
I always strongly feel that December is the best month to buy new vehicles, and when an open to all link clearly shows what sort of discounts currently are running on various models, it clearly shows what sort of inventory levels the manufacturer is carrying.
Absolutely. December is that time of the year. All dealerships are in a hurry to move the old inventory knowing they would turn a page at the end of the year. For obvious reasons, a customer would rather buy the next year's model over the outgoing one's. So one point agenda: push them hard through huge discounts and clear as many as you can. The papers are flooded with offers from manufacturers and dealerships alike.

Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
A December 2012 car would be called a 2012 model and a January 2013 make will always be called a 2013 model irrespective of the date of registration depicted on the RC book.
Exactly! So it is actually a win-win for a car buyer at this time. Should you so desire, wait for some more and get the new year model. Or if you're okay to sacrifice a little on your resale value, extract maximum discounts on your deal for the outgoing year's model.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 13th December 2012 at 19:31.
Old 14th December 2012, 01:07   #2916

Its all the same, at the end of the day. Extract discount and get a depreciated model or less for a new. Even match has good offers due to year ending and depreciation benefits.
Old 14th December 2012, 21:08   #2917

Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Only later, after I repeated my query for offers, over the phone they told me that there is an exchange bonus of 50k.
This doesnt make much sense to me! Never heard of anything like this before. I wonder if this is geniunely the case or has been cooked up by the dealer to dissuade one from trying to avail the exchange bonus.

Btw, I enquired about the "best deals" at Shahwar Nissan @ Bangalore and they gave a 28k discount (insurance waived off). Again, they didnt talk of any exchange bonus at all.

Originally Posted by undead View Post
He said to transfer it to my name and give him the RC book copy and Insurance copy after transfering , he will give the Rs.50000 discount
So, it means that one doesnt really have to exchange a car to avail the discount? This is pretty cool as it translates to a direct 50k cash discount. I hope this extension is provided in other cities as well.

Any other BHPians looking to negotiate jointly for Sunny @ Bangalore?
Old 14th December 2012, 23:07   #2918

Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Kmadhok, still haven't found what you're looking for huh?!

Btw my colleague is quite enamored by the fluidic Elantra. Would that help?
Thanks and sorry for not replying earlier. I am a very confused guy if not the most confused here on the forum. Will not bore you with the details yet. But am now looking for someone to join me in bargaining with Honda in Mumbai.
Anyone looking to purchase a Honda in Dec 2012 in Mumbai? I plan to get a few quotes from dealers tomorrow for the City.
Old 15th December 2012, 05:42   #2919

Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Thanks and sorry for not replying earlier. I am a very confused guy if not the most confused here on the forum. Will not bore you with the details yet. But am now looking for someone to join me in bargaining with Honda in Mumbai.
Anyone looking to purchase a Honda in Dec 2012 in Mumbai? I plan to get a few quotes from dealers tomorrow for the City.
Hello kmadhok,

Man, Honda is acting way too stingy, making me forcibly postpone the car purchase to next year, where I can go for a 2012 model at a better discount (they do have vehicles in their inventory which I don't think they'll be able to sell out by end of year).

They think are doing us favors by selling their vehicles (Read: Petrol ones). Just got a quote from Apex (santacruz) yesterday and I am NOT happy though, I didn't provide any references for now. Something that should help-

Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post

I had bought my two Honda's from Apex Honda (Santacruz) Know the sales manager pretty well. You can speak with Chandan and give him my reference. Do bargain hard and stick to your quote. They do buckle. Good luck.

Do let me know if you get any success and I'll be glad to follow suite. Though I will be going for the Corporate.

Last edited by MetalBuff : 15th December 2012 at 05:55.
Old 15th December 2012, 11:09   #2920

Saw a banner advertisement today which led to this website - overview of what TATA is offering in December.
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-tata-motors-ultimate-december-offer.png  

Old 15th December 2012, 14:55   #2921

Does anybody have a quote for a Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI Or the RS?
Old 15th December 2012, 15:07   #2922

Yes,
The dealer in my area quoted a price of 13 something.. for petrol dsg base
Old 15th December 2012, 15:51   #2923

Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Yes,
The dealer in my area quoted a price of 13 something.. for petrol dsg base
There is no petrol DSG variant for the Laura (in India). Both the regular TSI and vRS comes with 6-speed MT.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 16:11   #2924

There is no petrol DSG variant for the Laura (in India). Both the regular TSI and vRS comes with 6-speed MT.
I would be really wrong then.
But ill confirm and check from the dealer in my area
Old 15th December 2012, 16:29   #2925

Don't know if this is the right place to put my query in over here, but tried searching the forum for this and found no relevant thread.

Mods request merging if there is a relevant thread for the same

One of my colleagues is temporarily disabled from his right leg and thus wants to avail benefits for Physically handicapped people who are given a benefit in Excise Duty of 4% & a 50% concession in the insurance premium. Below is the source where i found a confirmation of the same on T-Bhp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2418245

Now, the thread above says that these benefits are available only on AT vehicles, my colleague here wants to be chauffeur driven and thus wants an MT vehicle, since he believes he would be able to drive the car by self in 3-4 years' time.

Wanted to know if the benefits mentioned in the above thread would be available on MT vehicles too ? If so then how.

Also, got a quote of Rs. 6.93 Lakhs for Delhi OTR yesterday for Ritz AT, frankly doesn't seem like a very mouth-watering price for Ritz AT.

Any help on my above query would be appreciable. Thanks in Advance