Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2012, 18:39   #2941
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnam141 View Post
No dear , my bought vista vx white on dec 13th and got total discount of 65000, out of which 25000 was cash and 40000 was exchange bonus by giving photocopy of his recently sold alto k10 and also tata dealer gave us body cover, mats & mud flaps free. I think you too should try to bargain hard.
Does that mean I can get the exchange bonus even if I do not sell the car to the Tata dealership? I just need to get a photocopy of the RC book.

I did not know that, I thought I had to sell my current car to the Tata dealership to get the exchange bonus.
Old 16th December 2012, 19:26   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

Thanks for this info. Would you please eloberate more on the deal that you have got? So you have submitted a copy of RC book to Tata motors to get this offer?
The ex showroom price was 5.96lac , ins was 20500, we paid them cash 5.51lac.after a discount of 65500 .also gave them copy of alto rc .that's all.we didn't paid reg charges to dealer as we opted to get some fancy no ourself .
Old 16th December 2012, 20:35   #2943
jpm
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
Does that mean I can get the exchange bonus even if I do not sell the car to the Tata dealership? I just need to get a photocopy of the RC book.

I did not know that, I thought I had to sell my current car to the Tata dealership to get the exchange bonus.
For exchange bonus, AFAIK you need not sell it to the dealer.

They will need copies of your insurance, RC book. If your old car is hypothecated, then they will need the financier's NOC. Else, if your vehicle is wholly owned, they may ask for Transfer of Ownership agreement that you sign with the buyer.

In my case, Nissan asked for all of the above documents.

VW asked only for prior RC book. They didn't even insist I need to sell my old car at all. All they needed was proof that I owned a car previously of a different brand.

In fact, VW SA didnt seem to care when I said I will be using the same sold car with both companies., i.e., more than once, to claim exchange bonus from VW as well as Nissan. sort of 'double jeopardy' if you see what I mean.

So, I suggest you check with the dealer on the exact documents he needs.

Last edited by jpm : 16th December 2012 at 20:36.
jpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 09:41   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
No dear , my bought vista vx white on dec 13th and got total discount of 65000, out of which 25000 was cash and 40000 was exchange bonus by giving photocopy of his recently sold alto k10 and also tata dealer gave us body cover, mats & mud flaps free. I think you too should try to bargain hard.
Can you please provide more details on the Tata Motors dealer who gave this exchange discount. Concorde motors in chennai will provide exchange bonus only if you sell the vehicle to them.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:19   #2945
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Can you please provide more details on the Tata Motors dealer who gave this exchange discount. Concorde motors in chennai will provide exchange bonus only if you sell the vehicle to them.
mate, Even i tried to get the discount of said 60+ thousands but the dealers are saying... Impossible. They are ready to give if i exchange my car with them. however it is not possible as i have sold it already.

I am pretty sure that they will give half price for my old car and they give this 40K bonus, which doesnt make any sense.

Some people are getting good discounts and some are not getting any. Is there a problem with the way we are handling the things with SA people ? All, Please do regularly post your experience + Tips (if any) so that it would help felow bhpIans

Old 17th December 2012, 12:59   #2946
BHPian

most of the dealerships offer you exchange bonus even if you don't actually exchange your old car with them.
you just need to show a copy of the RC, transfer certificate.

however there are some dealerships who don't allow this.
one of my relative bought a Manza from a tata dealership some months back. they were offering around 60k exchange bonus. so this relative of mine bought a used maruti 800 for 12k and the dealer took it for 10k + 60k exchange bonus.

but yes I agree with what others have said - normally they quote a really low price for your car so it's best to sell it on your own.
StrangeWizard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 16:22   #2947
BHPian

Update on Sunny from Shahwar Nissan (Bangalore)

Just met the sales person from Shahwar Nissan for Sunny. The maximum discount being offered was Insurance waiver of INR 30k or a Cash discount of INR 15k. They arent offering any more deals. This is applicable for both diesel as well as petrol variants!

When asked about the exchange bonus scheme of INR 50k which still is present on the Nissan Sunny India website, he merely said that the same was for November only.

He exclaimed that they were the only dealer in Karnataka (and hence the clear reluctance in passing on the available benefit to customers) and were not giving any discounts on the models. He also mentioned that Nissan sold 300 Sunnys in Karnataka alone in November (doesnt look right to me!).

Honestly, I didnt like their attitude. I mean, if they behave this way while selling, I can only dread to think what would happen when I would go for a service of my car to them?

On an unrelated note, Skoda has just removed its "Rapid Birthday Offer" page from its website. Are they withdrawing the scheme or making it sweeter?
Old 17th December 2012, 17:50   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Laura TSI and VRS, which are supposed to be the least selling of all Laura models have a discount of just 17K while the diesel models which have higher demand have discounts in range of 1 lakh !! What is Skoda up to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
That is because dealers have finally cleared their 2011 stock of petrols and have purchased very limited 2012 model from Skoda.
I was just told that the 2011 stocks are still available. I had read here that they had lots of old stock. Seems unlikely that they will be able to move it without some really heavy discounts (like the one on Kizashi).

Best is not to accept whatever they are offering and bargain hard.
Old 17th December 2012, 23:07   #2949
BHPian

Does anyone knows about availability of Linea tjet in Mumbai? Also if anyone knows about the deal available on it?
Old 18th December 2012, 09:47   #2950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Does anyone knows about availability of Linea tjet in Mumbai? Also if anyone knows about the deal available on it?
Someone in T Jet official thread had mentioned that some dealer in Kalyan has 2 or 3 T jets. Not sure of the deals, but I guess one could look at a 7L OTR price, or even a bit more since this is year end.
Old 18th December 2012, 11:54   #2951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Someone in T Jet official thread had mentioned that some dealer in Kalyan has 2 or 3 T jets. Not sure of the deals, but I guess one could look at a 7L OTR price, or even a bit more since this is year end.
Yes it was on the Tjet review thread. T- Bhpian Khoj said the dealer at Kalyan has 2/3 Tjets. You should get a sweet deal if you are really serious about getting one.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:42   #2952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.also gave them copy of alto rc .that's all.we didn't paid reg charges to dealer as we opted to get some fancy no ourself .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
For exchange bonus, AFAIK you need not sell it to the dealer.
I am interested in knowing if Maruti dealers are allowing this system of exchange bonus even if we don't sell the vehicle to them.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

BTW: Any able to negotiate with Maruti dealers in any city? In Pune, the dealers are sticking to the standard Maruti discount and no more negotiations.
But I need to probe further.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 13:57   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
BTW: Any able to negotiate with Maruti dealers in any city? In Pune, the dealers are sticking to the standard Maruti discount and no more negotiations.
But I need to probe further.
Same in Mumbai with 1 dealer I spoke to for SX4 Automatic. Only Rs 30K cash discount + 35 Exchange bonus.
Old 18th December 2012, 14:20   #2954
Team-BHP Support

December offer from Ford India:
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ford-offers.jpg  

Old 18th December 2012, 15:31   #2955
gemi_kk

Getting a discount of 28k in cash with all discounts (corp, exchg etc. 28K was given on final onroad price. Not on the Exshowroom price.) + some freebies like mud flaps, mats and speakers on Toyota Etios GD. Nothing more.

Is it a good deal or could i manage much better? I dont think, this is the best that i could get on Etios in December but SE's are not ready to discuss further. Guys, please advice.

Regards
KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks