Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 11:34   #2986
AVR
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

More detailed breakdown attached here:

Looks fine?

Name:  HondaOffer.png
Views: 3458
Size:  58.9 KB
Old 27th December 2012, 11:48   #2987
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Booking the Honda City S-MT in Silver tomorrow for wifey from Honda in Ahmedabad. Here's what I have been offered for an available-in-stock Silver car:

On-road - 9.72L
Insurance Free -26K
Art Leather Upholstery Free - 8.5K
Accessories Free (Mats, Mud-flaps,3M Teflon Body Coating) Free -8K
External Chrome Handles like the V-MT for 7K
AVN system similar to the one in the V-MT AVN for 40K.
Most dealerships throw a very standard 8K for "accessories" at you. It is just the rack rate at their own in-house accessories shop which sells at a heavy premium over the market. Usually you'd get the same things outside for about 50% less.

Strictly my personal opinion this; but you might want to skip the chrome handles and trade that for something else. Unless that excites you. Personally I prefer the body-colored handles that come stock with the City S over the chrome. Just not a big fan of all the chrome that we Indians otherwise love.

As I see it, the dealership is giving you discounts in kind - mostly from within its own setup which still lets it make its margins. I'm sure when you ask for a cash rebate, they're going to resist strongly. But that is what you should gun for. Maybe insist that he makes it a nice-sounding, well-rounded Rs. 9.5 L OTR.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 12:57   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks fine?

Attachment 1031388
Saar,

where is the cash discount and corp discount ?

CASKA units are not worth the price. I think you should drop the idea and go for a better after market unit.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 13:12   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
where is the cash discount and corp discount
Hang on; I thought the corporate discount was already factored into the ex-showroom cost there. IIRC, there are corporate discounts to the tune of Rs. 35K currently going on the City in most parts of India. Aren't you getting that already??

I tend to agree with F150 there. I'd recommend that you steer clear of the Caska HU and go with a better aftermarket offering. You will be spoiled for choice as well. Don't understand why most dealerships are obsessed with these Caska units!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 27th December 2012 at 13:21.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 13:18   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Hang on, I thought the corporate discount was already factored into the ex-showroom cost there. IIRC, there are corporate discounts to the tune of Rs. 35K currently going on the City in most parts of India. Aren't you getting that already??
Nope. As per his excel, EX showroom is 8.59 which matches the price displayed on HONDA website.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-city.jpg  

Old 27th December 2012, 14:27   #2991
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Strictly my personal opinion this; but you might want to skip the chrome handles and trade that for something else.

As I see it, the dealership is giving you discounts in kind - mostly from within its own setup which still lets it make its margins. I'm sure when you ask for a cash rebate, they're going to resist strongly. But that is what you should gun for. Maybe insist that he makes it a nice-sounding, well-rounded Rs. 9.5 L OTR.
Good point. Thanks. The chrome is a wife requirement. Non-negotiable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Saar,

where is the cash discount and corp discount ?

CASKA units are not worth the price. I think you should drop the idea and go for a better after market unit.
Ya. Asked for their offer on the cash discount. Is it supposed to be on the ex-showroom price right?

Caska might be skipped. For 40k, would it be possible to get a Music + Navigation + Reverse Camera setup done? Pioneer? Who else?
Old 27th December 2012, 23:43   #2992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Caska might be skipped. For 40k, would it be possible to get a Music + Navigation + Reverse Camera setup done? Pioneer? Who else?
Pioneer or JVC head unit. Am sure you can get a good config for 40K including all those.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 23:58   #2993
AVR
BHPian

Closed the deal at 9.23 L for the S with following add ons free
-insurance with nil dep
-art leather seat upholstery
-8k standard accessories
-extended warranty
-chrome handles

Now the research for the multimedia system begins!
Thanks guys!
Old 28th December 2012, 01:53   #2994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Hi,

Maruti VIN or chassis number is pretty simple. Look for the last two digits on the chassis number after an asterisk. If it is a 2012 car, the last character of the chassis number would be "C", "B" for 2011, "A" for 2010, "9" for 2009 and so on.

The second last character can be anything from A to M. A stands for Jan, B for Feb, and so on. "I" is skipped.

Be sure to verify the chassis number yourself.

See details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2262553

Pradeep
Thanks Pradeep, in the case of the Kizashi it is the 10th and 11th character that indicate the Year and Month, apparently. This one was June 2011, so the person who asked me is no longer interested. Maruti is not offering extended warranty on these models, so it doesn't really make sense.
Old 28th December 2012, 06:44   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Yesterdays news paper ran a insert that had Toyota advertising upto 40K discount for the Liva/Etios, quiet surprising.

Even more surprising and irritating was the comment right next to the discount that they would be raising prices starting January. I am baffled at the audacity of this company. How on earth one could throw discounts with the threat of raising prices in the next few days.
Old 28th December 2012, 08:53   #2996
BHPian

Maruti SA dropped home surprisingly to inform that there is 15000 Rs offer on Alto. Though insistent that it is for free accessories, I am sure can be easily converted to cash discount. Earlier I had enquired if car can be bought now and registered in 2013 which was point blank refused.
However now even that seems possible.

This was intended for wifey. But I am getting locked on pre owned AT cars for her for now. Alto800 is too barebone at too much premium for my taste and budget.
Old 30th December 2012, 23:06   #2997
BHPian

Guys, Any Linea T-Jet's available in HYD? Checked with Fiat Cafe and Malik but they are all singing the same song...No T-Jets.:(
Old 31st December 2012, 19:14   #2998
BHPian

For the Diesel corporate edition BMW X1 the price quoted to me by Infinity BMW is 28 Lakhs ON road, that translates into a discount of 4.8 lakhs INR on the rack on road price.

I wonder if there is room to negotiate more since the face lifted X1 launch is pretty much around the corner.
Old 31st December 2012, 19:17   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
For the Diesel corporate edition BMW X1 the price quoted to me by Infinity BMW is 28 Lakhs ON road, that translates into a discount of 4.8 lakhs INR on the rack on road price.

I wonder if there is room to negotiate more since the face lifted X1 launch is pretty much around the corner.
Few days back, one of my friend could get them to 27.5 OTR in Mumbai reg. Just thought this info might help. So there seems to be some room there. But not whole lot.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 16:08   #3000
BHPian

SX4 Diesel

Anyone aware of recent deals on diesel cars, expecially the SX4 Diesel? I am looking forward to see the marketing strategy of companies in January (especially after the price increase announcements made by them in December)

Most Viewed