Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:13   #301
BHPian

^^ I am not very sure about the discounts in Siliguri, but would like to advice you to make sure, that you land up with the recent facelifted model of i10 (assuming you are NOT intentionally looking forward to the current gen model for discounts).

In cities like Siliguri, Malda etc the stock-pile of the dealers are not as fast moving as those in Metros, and they will try their best tricks to push the current stock on you.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:54   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
^^ I am not very sure about the discounts in Siliguri, but would like to advice you to make sure, that you land up with the recent facelifted model of i10 (assuming you are NOT intentionally looking forward to the current gen model for discounts).

In cities like Siliguri, Malda etc the stock-pile of the dealers are not as fast moving as those in Metros, and they will try their best tricks to push the current stock on you.
+1

In non-metros the dealers generally try to push unsold stock. Please check the stock yard and if possible get the VIN number and verify the date of manufacture. If the dealer is evasive or refuses out right, then there may be some issues. If you are extremely unlucky you may be palmed off an accidental car, it is not uncommon, see some threads on this forum.
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:04   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
+1

In non-metros the dealers generally try to push unsold stock. Please check the stock yard and if possible get the VIN number and verify the date of manufacture. If the dealer is evasive or refuses out right, then there may be some issues. If you are extremely unlucky you may be palmed off an accidental car, it is not uncommon, see some threads on this forum.
Thanks guys, yes as i was going through the ownership threads on the i10 i stumbled upon the thread titled "i10 face lift". So I am now aware of the new i10 coming out. They say it will be launched today i.e 23rd september. I am eagerly waiting for the launch, and have postponed my visit to the dealer till after it is launched.

There is also a mini motor show here in siliguri on the 25th and 26th of september. I will write down what info i get in terms of discounts after visiting the show. Although the discounts are siliguri specific, i am sure you all can try asking for the same in your respective cities .

Happy motoring
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:03   #304
BHPian

Discounts on Linea and Fiesta

Does anyone know what the discounts are on Ford Fiest and Fiat Linea in Hyderabad. I am planning to pick one of these for my parents in Vizag. Hyderabad discounts would apply here too I guess. pls. do let me know
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:16   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by battada View Post
Does anyone know what the discounts are on Ford Fiest and Fiat Linea in Hyderabad. I am planning to pick one of these for my parents in Vizag. Hyderabad discounts would apply here too I guess. pls. do let me know
A month ago a friend told me he had gone to the ford showroom and this is what he was offered for the fiesta:

free insurance (Rs. 20,000 approx)

exchange bonus Rs 10,000

loyalty bonus Rs. 10,000

I guess the fiesta is coming towards the end of its life cycle as a premium car (it will be downgraded slightly once the new fiesta comes in late '10 or early '11). So do bargain. By my estimate u should get another Rs. 10,000 off along with the free insurance if u do not avail the exchange & loyalty bonuses.

The fiat linea, i know they are throwing in free insurance for sure and i think 5,000 cash discount (by the dealer).

Do keep us informed as to what they quote you after your visit to the dealer

Happy motoring.

Last edited by amrisharm : 23rd September 2010 at 13:21.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:41   #306
BHPian

Quote:
I received a lot of SMS (around 11 of 'em within 24 hours) from Fiat, saying that in September, there is a benefit of around 48K on the Linea, which is inclusive of Free insurance, 50 months RSA, extended warranty (2 additional years, I guess), corporate discounts, exchange bonus and few others.

Also, there is an additional cash discount of 10K on the petrol models over the MJD. But not sure if this is from manufacturer or dealer.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:08   #307
BHPian

Freebies, Bargains, Discounts, Offers, Goodies

Bargaining is built into the Indian psyche. We are never satisfied until you feel you have got a good "DEAL". Buying a car is no different. Once we have shortlisted which car we want to buy, starts the more tedious job of choosing the dealer (if you have a choice of course)
I know quite a few people (me included) who have scrounged many a forum / site to find the best deal (read discount) being offered on a new purchase. The moment we find something it becomes a benchmark, a starting point for our bargaining with the car dealer (so what if the information was related to another city or even another vehicle!)

The purpose of starting this thread is to try and consolidate all the information at one place

So here goes

September 2010
Car : Tata Indica Vista - Quadrajet ABS (Porcelain white)
Manufacturer Discount/ Scheme - Free Insurance
What I have managed to bargain for (still in progress) -
Corporate discount - Rs 5000/-
Logistic Charges - 1500/- (Claimed it was 3000/- and have now agreed for 1500/-)
Passing charges - 2500/- (Again claimed charges -don’t know what it means or should be)
Plus the normal freebies -Mud flaps, Matting, Steering Cover, Perfume, God Idol, Teflon coating.

Plan on trying to get Seat Covers / Sun film or some discount on the extended warrnty (2 years + 12 months for 4000/-) is what they claim, but it seems tough.

In the larger interest of all BHPians please add your "DEALS" to this post and prefferably with similar details as the ones mentioned above.

Mods: I looked for a similar thread but could not find one. Hope this is the right forum.

Last edited by umang dutt : 23rd September 2010 at 15:23.
Old 24th September 2010, 02:29   #308
A.R
BHPian

What are the discounts presently offered on the Safari in Bangalore?
Old 25th September 2010, 16:34   #309
BHPian

Tata Cars - Price increase ?

Hi,

I just got a call from the dealer saying that come 1st Oct the prices of all Tata Cars are going to increase.

Manza by 7000/- and
Vista by 4000/-

Any news on this or are they trying to get me to book early and stop bargaining ?

Also wanted to check, if this is true and if I have to book before the end of this month what can I pay as the booking amount and when would I have to pay the balance ?

help.
Old 26th September 2010, 12:41   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
The fiat linea, i know they are throwing in free insurance for sure and i think 5,000 cash discount (by the dealer).

Do keep us informed as to what they quote you after your visit to the dealer

Happy motoring.
Thanks guys. Here is what Fiat offered-
Insurance around 20k
RSA+Extended warranty
Additional 5k cash discount
Loyalty bonus 10k event if you are not exchanging or not a fiat owner
that make it close to 45k value.

what do you think of this deal. The sales guy also mentioned that there would a hike of 15-20k in October. confirm at the earliest if this is true. Hardly 2 days to go
Old 26th September 2010, 22:39   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Here is what Fiat offered-
Insurance around 20k
RSA+Extended warranty
Additional 5k cash discount
Loyalty bonus 10k event if you are not exchanging or not a fiat owner
that make it close to 45k value.

what do you think of this deal. The sales guy also mentioned that there would a hike of 15-20k in October. confirm at the earliest if this is true. Hardly 2 days to go
Considering that the linea is only just over a year old, getting a 45k discount i believe is about the max you will get in my opinion. They might slightly revise the price down in the distant future once the competition heats up with the etios, vento and the new octavia. But for now i think that is a very good deal.

Also the new Tjet is out as well, do check that out if you have not already.

About the price rise, well i think it will happen, tata is doing it next month, Hyundai has already done it, and so did maruti i think in july/august. But am not sure about when exactly. logic would dictate they would increase the prices after the pujas, but you can never say. I guess if you are buying then might as well do it soon just to be on the safe side.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:30   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

According to a newspaper advertisement, Honda Jazz has offers upto Rs.55,000. City, Civic and Accord come with Insurance for just Re.1. All these cars come with a 2+2 year extended warranty and 4 year roadside assistance support.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:05   #313
BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals.

Hello BHPians,

My brother-in-law just informed me about an awesome deal on the BMW 3-series by Religare Finance. It's a corporate deal for the employees of Dell (Bangalore). The 320i series is being offered at a whooping price of around 24 Lakhs On-Road Price, that's a good 9 lakh off! Even the corporate edition (Diesel) is being offered with a further discount of close to Rs 4 lakhs ! ! They've got 28th Sept. as the last day of booking. Has anyone got the news? What you do you think about it?
Old 27th September 2010, 17:43   #314
Senior - BHPian

Dell employees would already know about it. How can T-Bhpians benefit from this piece of news?
Old 27th September 2010, 18:16   #315
BHPian

I don't understand the point of this offer, only the big guys of dell can make a comfortable booking and be happy to save some bucks or Religare Finance is trying to lure Going-to-make-it-big employees into debt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks