Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 21:31   #3376
BHPian

Kris_risk it is similar to the offer I got in trichy. Why don't you pick up the extended warranty too? Gives you peace of mind.
Old 19th April 2013, 21:37   #3377
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

C63 AMG at 98 lakhs on-road Thane.
Audi S4 at 70 lakhs on-road Thane.

The budget has killed them.
Ex showroom of the S4 used to be 45 lakhs. Now it's 55.
Similarly, ex-showroom of the AMG is up proportionately.

Don't see the value in them anymore. At 55 lakhs pre-budget, the S4 was almost worth it.
Hope the Euoro Free Trade Act goes through. Though I doubt it will.
Old 21st April 2013, 16:21   #3378
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hey BHPians,

Currently doing a market study of the available sedans below 9L on road Bangalore. Did test drives of the below models and have collected their prices as well. Petrol vehicles preferred since my running is less than 600 km a month. Diesel Amaze is the only diesel I considered.

1. Toyota Etios 1.5 - VSP - 8.54 L (spacious car, good petrol engine and ride dynamics, easy to maintain, boring interiors and plain exteriors)

2. Honda Amaze 1.5 - SMT - 8.38 L (brilliant diesel engine, space, not many features in mid variant though its the most VFM, service costs unknown so far)

3. Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 - Titanium - 8.27 L (solid build, good ride, fantastic revving engine, heard Fords are expensive to maintain)

Currently inclining to the Fiesta Classic 1.6. Please throw in your opinions on the selection and if you have come across a better deal.

Cheers

Srinath
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 17:04   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post

3. Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 - Titanium - 8.27 L (solid build, good ride, fantastic revving engine, heard Fords are expensive to maintain)

Currently inclining to the Fiesta Classic 1.6. Please throw in your opinions on the selection and if you have come across a better deal.

Cheers

Srinath
I don't think is true any longer but from my personal experience my Ritz vdi is a lot more expensive to maintain than my Figo titanium tdci.
Old 21st April 2013, 18:43   #3380
BHPian

Hiya,

I got a quote of 22.75 lac, on road for 2013 jetta highline AT ....... Any idea if they are offering discounts on this variant. I've tried and searched in Mumbai, coz that's where I am and wanted information in this regard. My reason for selecting Jetta, is the Car Dynamics, Drivability and its Safety features. Kindly let me know your suggestions!
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:37   #3381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
C63 AMG at 98 lakhs on-road Thane.
Audi S4 at 70 lakhs on-road Thane.

The budget has killed them.
Ex showroom of the S4 used to be 45 lakhs. Now it's 55.
Similarly, ex-showroom of the AMG is up proportionately.

Don't see the value in them anymore. At 55 lakhs pre-budget, the S4 was almost worth it.
Hope the Euoro Free Trade Act goes through. Though I doubt it will.
Dealers have inventory of pre-budget cars that can be sold on pre-budget prices since the factory already billed them for it. You just need to negotiate well and you could not only get the car at pre-budget prices but also get a discount on it.

I was offered 3-4 lakhs off on the S4 in late December as there is MFD 2012 stock with dealers.
You should be able to get a decently loaded 2012 MFD S4 after discounts(as per pre-budget price) at about 50 lakhs ex-showroom thane. Remember there aren't many takers for these high power petrol models hence you can always negotiate hard for them.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:17   #3382
BHPian

Received an SMS message(probably from Mahaveer Skoda, Hyderabad, where I enquired for a Rapid this January) mentioning the below offer.

Cash discount of Rs.1,00,000/- on 2012, Red colour, Rapid Elegance Diesel.
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:54   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 - Titanium - 8.27 L (solid build, good ride, fantastic revving engine, heard Fords are expensive to maintain)
Thats an absolute myth, it was the story of the long gone days. I have 2 Fiesta's at home and just love both of them. Never found them eating away my money, infact a Swift in the family has proved more expensive(with a similar age).

I want to mention specifically - I always found FORD after sales to be very good if not excellent.

It is an excellent vehicle in that range.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 18:30   #3384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Received an SMS message(probably from Mahaveer Skoda, Hyderabad, where I enquired for a Rapid this January) mentioning the below offer.

Cash discount of Rs.1,00,000/- on 2012, Red colour, Rapid Elegance Diesel.
Hold you horses. Skoda just launched Rapid Prestige TDI special edition for 9 Lacs ex showroom. This has almost all features of the Elegance trim at a substantially less price. Please see link below for details:

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/Rap...n#.UXU3zkrLtGM

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd April 2013 at 18:45.
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:46   #3385
BHPian

Any idea about Skoda Rapid AT? (both the variants)
Location is Delhi.
Any offers with Skoda currently?
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:02   #3386

Dear all,
Booked FORD FIGO TITANIUM(SEA GRY) YESTERDAY.
Total on road costs 7 lks( 6.20 ex.shwrm+ 74k life tax + 6k transportation charges)
OFFER: Insurance + Vinyl seat covers + Reverse parking sensors+ regulars like mud flaps+ floor and boot mats + neck and back pillows

HDFC Funding 100% on ex shwrm with 10.75% and 1000 processing fee

My doubt is if 10.75%(5 years) is interest then the EMI is around 11000/month but HDFC says there is some universal monthly EMI card which is given by RBI( really felt fishly hearing these statements) and with that EMI coming to 13+ per month.
This calculation leads to 8 lks+ totally if going on loan. Is this correct? My friend too got something similar.

Thanks very much guys.
Old 24th April 2013, 04:27   #3387
BHPian

[QUOTE

My doubt is if 10.75%(5 years) is interest then the EMI is around 11000/month but HDFC says there is some universal monthly EMI card which is given by RBI( really felt fishly hearing these statements) and with that EMI coming to 13+ per month.
This calculation leads to 8 lks+ totally if going on loan. Is this correct? My friend too got something similar.

Thanks very much guys.[/quote]

Open ms excel, click new, choose existing templates sand click amortization sheet. Fill the details of your loan and check if the emi matches the interest rate.

Cheers and congrats on your new car!
Old 24th April 2013, 08:47   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4veel View Post
Dear all,
Booked FORD FIGO TITANIUM(SEA GRY) YESTERDAY.
Total on road costs 7 lks( 6.20 ex.shwrm+ 74k life tax + 6k transportation charges)
OFFER: Insurance + Vinyl seat covers + Reverse parking sensors+ regulars like mud flaps+ floor and boot mats + neck and back pillows

HDFC Funding 100% on ex shwrm with 10.75% and 1000 processing fee

Thanks very much guys.
Please use the calculator in the link provided -
http://www.carwale.com/finance/calculateEmi.aspx

The calculator gives you accurate numbers along with your monthly break up of interest outgo.

Please negotiate on the interest rate with hdfc as I was offered 10.25 percent at chennai 2 weeks back. Was also offered 10 pct if I open a salary account with them and maintain an average monthly balance of 2 lacs (they call it as preferred ac). 10 to 10.25 pct is the least market is offering these days.

Congrats on your new car.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 09:12   #3389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Please use the calculator in the link provided -
http://www.carwale.com/finance/calculateEmi.aspx

The calculator gives you accurate numbers along with your monthly break up of interest outgo.

Please negotiate on the interest rate with hdfc as I was offered 10.25 percent at chennai 2 weeks back. Was also offered 10 pct if I open a salary account with them and maintain an average monthly balance of 2 lacs (they call it as preferred ac). 10 to 10.25 pct is the least market is offering these days.

Congrats on your new car.
Did you try Axis bank? A relative of mine who runs a business cycles cars often and just got a Vento. He said that the best rates are offered by Axis bank these days.
Old 24th April 2013, 09:24   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

Did you try Axis bank? A relative of mine who runs a business cycles cars often and just got a Vento. He said that the best rates are offered by Axis bank these days.
Axis too was offering around 10 to 10.25 percent fixed.
Try icici - they are very competitive in the market. They were offering interest at 10 pct with no prepayment penalty. This was for the month of March which was subsequently withdrawn in April.

10 to 10.25 pct was offered by all Banks across.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks