Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 10:53   #3466
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Thank you Sahil; that is what I have been suggesting to my dad.

Do you think ML 250 is fine or should I go for ML 350. I have no idea regarding the difference in features list except the pricing.

Can you please help.

Thanks

Rishi
If power is not a priority then get the ML250CDI it has adequate power. The 350 is priced much higher and the price jump does not seem justified.
Besides the engine I think the only big difference between the two besides cosmetic changes like bigger alloys is that the 350 comes with air suspension. This is defiantly a plus however reviews claim the 250's suspension is very good too.
Do try and bargain hard if you find a 2012 350 lying in a dealers yard, those move very slow off the floor. You could land up with a price that makes it worthwhile.
Old 20th May 2013, 11:41   #3467
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Offer from Ford...Found this in today's news paper.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ford.jpg  

Old 20th May 2013, 13:07   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post

5lakhs off on the 320d was what was offered to me on the phone in Mumbai. I think you could easily negotiate for that much.
Thanks a lot Nikhil for the info. Here in Delhi they're offering me 3.4L including corporate discount on the 320d Luxury Line. Could you please PM me the dealership name and representative who offered this discount in Mumbai? Thanks again.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:14   #3469

I had booked an i20 last month. However, after visiting Dakshin Honda today, had no choice but to cancel the i20 booking and go for the Amaze Petrol.

OTR Price - 7.07L
Booking Amout - 21,000
Waiting period - 3 months
Discounts & Freebies - Nil (Not even floor mats)

They have quoted a waiting period of 3 months. I hope they respect that and delivery doesn't get delayed.

This is the colour I have booked.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-amaze.jpg  

RaoulG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 14:09   #3470
BHPian

Now get cash discount on Toyota - Corolla Altis..
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-corola.jpg  

Old 21st May 2013, 18:21   #3471
BHPian

General Motors to hike car prices by upto 10K

It's a double-whammy for car-makers. The falling sales graph and increasing input costs are squeezing them hard.

GM has announced that it will hike prices across models by 1.5%. Will others follow suit too?
Detailed report here: http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...=home-business
Old 21st May 2013, 18:36   #3472
BHPian

Re: General Motors to hike car prices by upto 10K

Well, its just the beginning I am sure the other manufacturers are going to announce the price hike soon. Government really hates the automobile market in India and wants to make sure that both consumers and manufacturers suffers.
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:51   #3473
BHPian

Discounts on New cars.. Cause and Effect !

Autocar submits a report with figures of tempting Discounts offerings on new cars (by some or more dealers)

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/343...his-month.aspx

Looks kind of stock clearance sale ? but why ? To pave in the new launches on cards..or to clear existing, before new launches of cars being applauded ?

With the recent trend of indians to go for a new launched cars, how well still the dealers will get response on these offerrings.. ?

Though Indian Car Market is becoming the launchpad for new cars, with many big players stepping in and making the presence felt; but as they are launched sooner than before years, with something new to give everytime; it is not only becoming hard for the makers to predict the sales numbers owing to the changing demands of the customers; there is no doubt common man would be seeking multiple options before settling down to one..

TeamBHP analysis is definitely a must see for buyers, is also what I can feel
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:57   #3474
BHPian

Re: Discounts on New cars.. Cause and Effect !

Hi Spyder, apart from the discounts on Swift/Dzire/Ertiga and i20 Diesel, I really don't see anything new at the moment. The discounts to these, i would attribute to the Amaze.

Most of the cars mentioned in the article have been available at discounts for quite a long time now. eg, Estilo, Alto, WagonR, etc
MalluDude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:18   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Hi Spyder, apart from the discounts on Swift/Dzire/Ertiga and i20 Diesel, I really don't see anything new at the moment. The discounts to these, i would attribute to the Amaze.

Most of the cars mentioned in the article have been available at discounts for quite a long time now. eg, Estilo, Alto, WagonR, etc

Yes, we are having discounts for most of these from dealers, but this in news with figures, after quite time now, I just wanted to discuss its cause and effect from our Indian car market..
BTW your choice Amaze would be a good buy for sure..
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:33   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Well the brighter side of this, Manufacturers are passing the tax rebates that they get by claiming depreciation for 2012 models. Pretty sure they will be passing only a slight percentage of the benefit to end users.

Skoda Rapid did offer me a whopping 100K discount for their top version in Beige Color and 140K for their top version in RED Color.
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:48   #3477
BHPian

General Motors India has said that it will increase prices of its entire range of cars by up to Rs 10,000 from the first week of June. GM has said that prices are being increased as a result of increased logistic and transportation costs (due to higher Diesel prices).

GM's entry level offering presently, is the 1.0 BS3 Chevrolet Spark variant, priced at Rs 3,31,447 (ex showroom Delhi). The most expensive vehicle offered by GM India is the 2.2 LTZ AWD BS4 Captiva, priced at Rs 24,59,866 (ex showroom Delhi).

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-chevyenjoy15.jpg

Chevrolet has been battling with sliding sales figures, the Beat and Spark hatchbacks have posted a decline in Year-on-Year sales of 56% and 68% respectively (for month of April).

GM is also offering a 'Loyalty Discount' on its Chevrolet vehicles to the tune of Rs 10,000, till the end of May. The offer can be availed by Chevrolet (and Opel) owners.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-chevrolet_offer.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-chevrolet_offer1.jpg

Last edited by Redline6800 : 22nd May 2013 at 12:58.
Old 22nd May 2013, 13:17   #3478
BHPian

Price hike is inevitable, however, OEMs should prepare to "add value" to the car before hiking price. They should plan minor changes in-lined with price hike.

Whenever a vehicle is introduced, OEMs keep price as low as possible to attract customers and after 6 months or one year they show their real colors by increasing price atleast 10%.
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:30   #3479
BHPian

Maruti Ertiga Vdi comes with 30K discount including exchange bonus until May 30th.

Discount = 15,000
Exchange Bonus = 15,000 (Should have owned that old car for at least 2 months to be eligible)

OTR (VDI): 9,79,446 - 30,000 = 9,49,446

But, surprisingly Vxi has only Exchange bonus of 15,000.
OTR (VXI - ABS): 8,27,528 - 15,000 = 8,12,528

Forgot to ask if there are any other loyalty bonus and/or corporate discount.

Is that DDIS engine worth that ~1,40,000 difference? I don't think so.

Looks like Maruti has hiked the price by about 80/90k within this 1 year!
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:55   #3480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Is that DDIS engine worth that ~1,40,000 difference? I don't think so.

Looks like Maruti has hiked the price by about 80/90k within this 1 year!
Among the notable add-ons that Maruti gave is DDIs and default ABS/EBD on the V trim.
Just six months back, With Diesel enjoying huge subsidy. There was no Difference. But now with Diesel catching up, we are expected to hear more such questions .
So I am hoping that atleast those who use their cars once in a blue moon will not need a Diesel anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks