Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2013, 11:24   #3526

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Friends,
Booked a Toyota Ethios V- SP from DSK Toyota Pune.
Got the following deal.
On road = 9,46,667/-
15,000 Cash discount.
2,500 corporate discount.
Smiles Package free.
Mud guards and matting free.
Reverse parking sensor free.

Final on road 9,29,167/-

Test drove many following cars before zeroing in on my buy.
Ethios Petrol.
Ethios Diesel.
Honda Amaze Diesel.
Honda City.
Tata Manza Quadrajet.
Ford Fiesta Classic.
Hyundai Verna.
Maruti Ertiga LUV.
Fiat Linea Tjet 2013.
Fiat Linea Multijet 2012.

While at it had a dekho at Nano as well. Wifey dismissed the car as way too crude
-Bh
BHaskar_AS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 17:07   #3527
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHaskar_AS View Post
Friends,
Got the following deal.
On road = 9,46,667/-
Is that a typo? Have you booked an Etios Diesel = (VD-SP) with Safety Pack & not the petrol Etios with Safety Pack (V-SP) as you have mentioned above. Please clarify. The above on road price listed by you seems to be too high for a petrol Etios.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 20:39   #3528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Any good discounts on City AT - either in Mumbai or in Vapi? The car will be registered in Silvassa where my dad stays.

First cut, ZERO is the response!

Free insurance and extended warranty is being offered outright for Honda City in Bangalore. Bargaining will get more.
bharatbs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 21:01   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Got a mail from Audi, Q3 for a dp of 6 lacs and 37k emi for 84 months for the on road cost. First 100 -customers only
My bad the emi is 33657
Old 16th June 2013, 21:40   #3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Is that a typo? Have you booked an Etios Diesel = (VD-SP) with Safety Pack & not the petrol Etios with Safety Pack (V-SP) as you have mentioned above. Please clarify. The above on road price listed by you seems to be too high for a petrol Etios.
Yes. VD-SP it is. I first wrote "VD with SP" and then changed it to "VD-SP". Only I did not realize I deleted the all important "D" as well.

Thanks for pointing it out.
-Bh
Old 17th June 2013, 16:21   #3531
BHPian

Current offer from Mahindra for XUV 500.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-xuv500_offer.jpg  

KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 07:53   #3532
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians,
I am getting the following deal on i20 sportz crdi.
Ex showroom 7.29 lac
Insurance 21k
Registeration 41k
Total comes out to be 7.91 lac. I am paying 7.5 lac inclusive of all discounts and I will be getting floor mats, mudflaps, body cover and seat covers as complimentary.
Is this a good deal? I would really appreciate any kind of input. Hoping to close the deal today.
Old 19th June 2013, 08:47   #3533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHaskar_AS View Post
Friends,
Got the following deal.
On road = 9,46,667/-
15,000 Cash discount.
2,500 corporate discount.
Smiles Package free.
Mud guards and matting free.
Reverse parking sensor free.

Final on road 9,29,167/-

Test drove many following cars before zeroing in on my buy.
Ethios Petrol.
Ethios Diesel.
Honda Amaze Diesel.
Honda City.
Tata Manza Quadrajet.
Ford Fiesta Classic.
Hyundai Verna.
Maruti Ertiga LUV.
Fiat Linea Tjet 2013.
Fiat Linea Multijet 2012.

While at it had a dekho at Nano as well. Wifey dismissed the car as way too crude
-Bh
Congratulations on your new buy. Since you have listed plenty of options, i am interested to know how you got tilted in favor of Toyota? Looks like you have also had confusion about petrol vs diesel and sedan vs MPV etc.

I have been considering Ertiga, Amaze and Etios(and yet to be launched EcoSport) and Etios looks a good package to me.
Do share more details about what made you seal the deal with Etios ?
Old 20th June 2013, 11:31   #3534

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Do share more details about what made you seal the deal with Etios ?
Amaze iDTEC was the starting point. I wanted a compact diesel sedan.
  • Etios Petrol
I was very happy with the TD but decided to buy a Diesel. Hope to recover the extra cost by fuel savings and resale value.
  • Etios Diesel
Great VFM. Good handling, sorted suspension, spacious rear bench, Toyota's brand and reliability. Has all features we needed. Checked most boxes.
Cons: Low snob value, made to a cost feeling and plane jane looks.
  • Honda Amaze Diesel
Waiting period, 3 months, may be more. Waiting period was a big NO. Add to it the fact that the rear bench cannot seat 3 adults comfortably and I dropped this car. Petrol car had more waiting time.
I found the NVH on high side and I had to slot 1st to cimb an slope.
  • Honda City
I loved driving this car. After spending 10L I would still have the same petrol monthly bill. So did not buy this car.
Some points from test drive:
I hurt my knee each time I sat in the driver seat. Will need getting used to.
Family felt that head room was less and car looked less spacious.
  • Tata Manza Quadrajet
While test driving the car, the driver side sun visor broke (came into my hand). Fit and finish was not inspiring. Wifey was not ready to buy another TATA.
Somehow I felt Manza QuadraJet was more drivable in city conditions than Linea MultiJet. May have to do with condition of cars.
  • Ford Fiesta Classic. TDCI
I had high expectations from this car based on feedback from T-Bhp owners. However the dealer brough a car that was not in best condition. The car had run only 7K Kms but it did not impress us. When the fan started, there was a very loud noise. There were rattles and NVH was high.
Like they say, first impression is the best impression. This was a case of the dealer doing disservice to the brand.
  • Hyundai Verna. CDRI
Was out of my budget. This car had every feature available in the market.
It has everything except comfortable ride quality for rear bench passengers. It was bouncing terribly when driven on concrete road. I suspect the TD car did not have the right pressure in the tyres, which may have accentuated the problem.
  • Maruti Ertiga LUV.
I couldn't really be driving this to office everyday.To be frank I TD this car because it was available. So no comments.
  • Fiat Linea Tjet 2013.
If my heart prevailed over my mind, this is the car I would have purchased. Same reason as Honda City for not purchasing.
  • Fiat Linea Multijet 2012.
All owners and fans excuse. This car was a huge disappointment due to its turbo lag. What did you expect you may say. I hoped that Fiat (my favorite car brand) would match if not beat Toyota D4D in Etios. I was changing the gears all the way in city traffic and waiting for the car to respond. Heavy car, VGT all that is fine. Fiat expects me to pay at least 1.5 L more. Yes they give a much better build, handling, features and better interiors but I couldnt' ignore the drivability.
Overall I observed that the Japaneese vendors presented their vehicle in top notch condition.

Last edited by GTO : 24th June 2013 at 13:43. Reason: PM coming up
Old 20th June 2013, 12:03   #3535
BHPian

Hyundai monsoon offer
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-hyundai.jpg  

KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:42   #3536
BHPian

Guys,

Any offers on Vento Diesel Highline in Bangalore ?

Currently they are offering only 7,500rs discount on the Highline Model. However they are offering Free Insurance for Trend and Comfortline models.

They are asking me to purchase Bluetooth Kit with Navigation System for 28k saying its compulsory.

This is from VV Palace Cross for Vento TDI Highline.

Ex Showroom Price - Rs. 9,99,912
Insurance - 40,733
Road Tax - 1,55,387
RTO Charges - 10,000
Essential Pack - 3,192
Bluetook Kit - 28,600
Extended Warranty - 11,436
On Road - Rs. 12,49,261

Last edited by manson : 24th June 2013 at 13:55.
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:29   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Mods please merge my posts as I cannot Edit the previous post my mine.

This is from VV Palace Cross for Vento TDI Highline.

Ex Showroom Price - Rs. 9,99,912
Insurance - 40,733
Road Tax - 1,55,387
RTO Charges - 10,000
Essential Pack - 3,192
Bluetook Kit - 28,600
Extended Warranty - 11,436
On Road - Rs. 12,49,261
The Bluetooth kit is optional. Considering that the car OE HU comes with Bluetooth calling and streaming, the extra kit is(IMO) poor value. Don't let the dealer fool you into buying stuff you don't want

Last edited by KINI : 22nd June 2013 at 17:32.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:45   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
The Bluetooth kit is optional. Considering that the car OE HU comes with Bluetooth calling and streaming, the extra kit is(IMO) poor value. Don't let the dealer fool you into buying stuff you don't want
Actually its the other way round @ Whitefield VW. The sales rep was categorically refusing to sell the blue tooth kit as he said this was interfering with the OEM kit. He said there is a clear directive from VW not to encourage this bluetooth set. This holds true for a rear camera too which works on blue tooth, which couples with the SAT NAV. From the latest info VW in planning a OEM kit for reverse camera fitted/or can be added to the HU bluetooh unit.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:45   #3539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Thank you, will talk to them regarding this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Actually its the other way round @ Whitefield VW. The sales rep was categorically refusing to sell the blue tooth kit as he said this was interfering with the OEM kit. He said there is a clear directive from VW not to encourage this bluetooth set. This holds true for a rear camera too which works on blue tooth, which couples with the SAT NAV. From the latest info VW in planning a OEM kit for reverse camera fitted/or can be added to the HU bluetooh unit.
Thanks for the information. Any idea when they might add this ?
Old 23rd June 2013, 00:25   #3540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Thanks for the information. Any idea when they might add this ?
Nope, It's in the plans. The sales rep told me that when ever it makes it into the model, the existing HU unit will be compatible and you can get it added (at a cost ofcourse) at the service. I will check with them again during my visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks