Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 19:32   #3586
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi Achyut,

Do not take this as an affront to you or your friend, we have all been in his shoes and at times still land up in that situation even after multiple car buying experiences.

Your post only elaborates the gist of my mine. It is this subtle hint towards future issues that plays at the elated mind frame of a new car buyer who wants everything to be rosy all the way and lets the dealership have their way.

Personally, I do not discuss any accessories with the sales guys at all except for original factory mats and mud flaps during the initial negotiations. On delivery day I just take the car and drive away. All other requirements are discussed at a later time with the appropriate person(s) at the service centre. They have too much going on for them to be slick and sly and tend to give straight answers. Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
The dealer did not force any accessories but indicated that he might not honor electrical warranty if outside fitments are done. We did argue about wire not being cut etc but at the end of it whatever be the case, he has to honor warranty. My friend who was buying said that he did not want trouble in future from the dealership and negotiated the accessories. The discounted price that we got is lower than the price we would get outside, so there was no loss as such.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 23:13   #3587
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
ya currently an offer for Tata Motors employees, suppliers etc is going on upto 31 July.. so if anyone of you have a acquaintance & would like to grab its a great opportunity..
183k for 90petrol
is there a printing mistake, I cant find the 90 petrol on Tata motors website
Old 2nd July 2013, 00:18   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
183k for 90petrol
is there a printing mistake, I cant find the 90 petrol on Tata motors website
Just yesterday, 90PS Vista Saffire was on display in Bangalore KHT motors. Ironically, 6 months back when I enquired, I was told it has been discontinued. There wasn't any news on old stock as such, and D90 was supposedly the only 90PS available in Vista.

Anyway, the discount info is true & quite a steal for people willing. AFAIK, by July end, TATA has been planning to sell out most of the piling stock.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd July 2013 at 00:20.
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:46   #3589
BHPian

Hello All,

I am getting the below offer for Ertiga Petrol Zxi (With Alloy Wheel) from a Pune Dealer.

Final On Road Price : 8,68,392
Cash Discount : 7,000
Exchange Bonus : 15,000
Corporate Discount: 4,000

So final OTR : 8,42,392

Is this a good deal ?

Or i can expect more from the dealer ?
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:21   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Same here. I too was looking for Ecosport, more precisely AT. But looks like even the launch will be 1 year ahead. Then again waiting period, may be another month or two. Then I looked for some good used cars like Laura Tsi / Corolla Altis AT etc. But prices were above my budget. I am planning not to go above 12 L for a new one and 8 L for used one. Then I came across the New Fiesta. It's indeed a capable car, I found after my test drive. Though a little costlier, but with some discounts that are offered now, we can manage a decent figure. So I started asking quotes and so far only Elite had responded. They are giving a discount of about 70K cash and 10K worth accessories free for style AT. But on Titanium+ AT they only offer about 45K and no accessories. Comparing both a Titanium+ looks more value. On the availability Style AT is available right away, but have to wait for about 3 months for titanium+ AT. I am yet to hear from the other two dealers. They seems to be not so proactive. Elite sales guy responded very fast with prices. I will update once the other two gives me price quotes.
Would you mind sharing the exact OTR? I have booked ES, but looking at the wait time, wondering if I should continue the hunt for any alternative.
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:28   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Would you mind sharing the exact OTR? I have booked ES, but looking at the wait time, wondering if I should continue the hunt for any alternative.
10.72 + 10K accessories free for Style AT - actual 11.40/-

11.6 for Titanium plus - actual 12.04/-
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:08   #3592
BHPian

Quote:

10.72 + 10K accessories free for Style AT - actual 11.40/-

11.6 for Titanium plus - actual 12.04/-
It seems The reason why the dealer is offering a better deal on style is because he has many of them in stock. It's the same reason why he's not offering a great deal on titanium.

Approach other dealers. If you're lucky, some other dealer will have a titanium in stock and you'll be able to squeeze out a good deal from him.
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:22   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
It seems The reason why the dealer is offering a better deal on style is because he has many of them in stock. It's the same reason why he's not offering a great deal on titanium.

Approach other dealers. If you're lucky, some other dealer will have a titanium in stock and you'll be able to squeeze out a good deal from him.
I got an updated quote from Elite Ford today on style model,

10.72 + 50% off on alloy wheels (15.5K off 31K) + park sensor 3.5K free + essential pack 4.5 free

No change to titanium model. In fact they say it would be difficult to even say when will it get delivered from factory once I place the order. May be 6 months or 1 year. They can't give a date on delivery.

One major thing with the style is that only white is available. I liked silver better. But if the deal becomes too sweet then I am not sure if I pick white. The discount is already 91.5. The SA promised he will work on the discounts again and give me an update in two days. May be they go up to free alloy wheels.

Another point the guy told me is that the white in Fiesta is not the normal paint but metallic, so maintenance is as easy as any other colour. Not sure if that's correct. But either case maintaining the white will be a difficult job compared to silver, in my view. Moreover any minor scratches on the body will be easily noticed in white.
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:57   #3594
BHPian

Guys. Are you aware of any discounts on the VERNA CRDI SX IN BANGALORE?
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:32   #3595
BHPian

Quote:

I got an updated quote from Elite Ford today on style model,

10.72 + 50% off on alloy wheels (15.5K off 31K) + park sensor 3.5K free + essential pack 4.5 free

No change to titanium model. In fact they say it would be difficult to even say when will it get delivered from factory once I place the order. May be 6 months or 1 year. They can't give a date on delivery.

One major thing with the style is that only white is available. I liked silver better. But if the deal becomes too sweet then I am not sure if I pick white. The discount is already 91.5. The SA promised he will work on the discounts again and give me an update in two days. May be they go up to free alloy wheels.

Another point the guy told me is that the white in Fiesta is not the normal paint but metallic, so maintenance is as easy as any other colour. Not sure if that's correct. But either case maintaining the white will be a difficult job compared to silver, in my view. Moreover any minor scratches on the body will be easily noticed in white.
Lol. Metallics are much much harder to maintain than regular white and black. Most people buy white only to avoid the hassles of maintaining a metallic colour.

Obviously This guy is trying very hard to get rid of the white style model that he has in stock. He has lied through his nose to get you to buy it. Fiesta isn't a hot seller so there's no way in hell it'll take 6 months or a year to get a titanium. But he's discouraging you from buying it means he's desperate to get rid of his car.

Here's what I suggest - wait for quotes from other dealers. If another dealer has a titanium in stock you will get an equally good deal. Do not close the deal until youve seen what other dealers are offering. i made a big mistake with my beamer only to find out later that other dealers are offering much bigger discounts.This car isn't flying off the shelves so everyone will offer a discount.

If other dealers don't offer a good deal, this guy will only make the deal sweeter for you when you walk away to another dealer. At that point I suggest u walk in with your cheque book and tell him your final offer is 1.5 L discount. When you walk in with the chequebook is when the real bargaining happens. I'm surprised he's offering so much discount without knowin if you're a sureshot customer or not.

Anyway I would imagine he'll close the deal closer to 1.2-1.3 L discount when you walk in with the chequebook.

I think that's sweet enough.
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 23:54   #3596
BHPian

Any discounts on Audis. Looking to buy an S4.
Old 4th July 2013, 07:21   #3597
Distinguished - BHPian

M&M, GM hike prices Maruti, Audi, others to follow suit as rupee takes a hit.

Quote:
General Motors' local unit has hiked the price of its newly launched Enjoy multi-utility vehicle by Rs 10,000.

Other manufacturers, including Maruti Suzuki,HyundaiMotor, Toyota Kirloskar Motors, Audi India and Mercedes Benz, say they may follow suit but will wait for market conditions to improve before doing so.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20902211.cms
Old 4th July 2013, 10:53   #3598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Any discounts on Audis. Looking to buy an S4.
Don't know of the discounts as such but bargain hard as performance cars have a very very small number of buyers. Try and find a dealer that has stock lying for sometime, he might be desperate to get it off the floor to crack you a good deal.

If a dealer has a car that has been in his inventory pre-budget (before march) then ensure he give it to you at pre-budget prices.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:10   #3599
Senior - BHPian

BMW Ahmedabad is offering the 520d at a low interest rate of 8.99% for three years. A limited time offer also includes Free Insurance, Free BMW Secure, Free Registration, Free Maintenance Package for 3 years and Road Side Assistance for 3 Years.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:13   #3600
BHPian

The weak rupee is not going to help the automotive industry that is already struggling with sluggish sales. The car companies are stuck between a rock and a hard place, on the one hand input costs are going up forcing them to raises prices and on the other hand market demand is slowing down needing them to offer lower prices. I expect something has to give and profitability concerns might win over and result in a price increase. If interest rates don't go down, expect a tough time for the industry with low sales and increasing prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks