Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 16:09   #3601
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Just got back from Bimal Maruti, Bangalore. Need to know if anyone has recently bought Ritz in Bangalore with good amount of discount and freebies? Bimal is offering Free UV Coating, along with Maruti's 20K discount. He also said he'll give me 2-3K off since this will be a company registered car. Final price for Ritz ZXI is 6.48L. Anything else that I can bargain for?
Old 4th July 2013, 16:33   #3602
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Just got back from Bimal Maruti, Bangalore. Need to know if anyone has recently bought Ritz in Bangalore with good amount of discount and freebies? Bimal is offering Free UV Coating, along with Maruti's 20K discount. He also said he'll give me 2-3K off since this will be a company registered car. Final price for Ritz ZXI is 6.48L. Anything else that I can bargain for?
I remember seeing today's TOI mentioning 53K discount on Ritz. Can you please check ? It might include stuff like exchange bonus etc. Also try Pratham, I find them to be more aggressive than Bimal.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 19:13   #3603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Last month when I took quotation for VDI / ZDI, I was offered discount of around 50K including exchange bonus. Didn't inquired about Petrol versions.
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 00:42   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Any discounts on Audis. Looking to buy an S4.

audi gurgaon had a 2012 car in stock about a month back. they were saying its 55L on-road and discounts can be worked out. i spoke with nitin there (IIRC)
white_vdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 09:24   #3605
BHPian

Bangalorians,

Any offers this month on VV Vento Diesel Highline Models ? VV Palace Cross says no offer on this model even this month.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:11   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Bangalorians,

Any offers this month on VV Vento Diesel Highline Models ? VV Palace Cross says no offer on this model even this month.
Highline models are the fastest (and only selling I think) models from VW. The prices and the offers have remained flat (decreased by 2 K this month) across all dealers in BLR. Seems like they have found their ideal selling base and don't need to work on the offers to keep the numbers. The current offer is 15K on Highline (corporate + cash). If you are individual buyer then you can additionally get the 0% offer (however I don't think its on the Highline). Also you can bargain on the Insurance if you let the dealer do it. I see Vento on a cruise model (however at a lower speed). But they seem to be contended with that number.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 14:44   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalorians,

Agree with Man & Machine above. My dealer (VW Palace Cross) mentioned that the 0% financing scheme and other schemes are only for Vento & Polo TL & CL as they are the slow moving ones. VW, from what i gather, are very tough to negotiate with.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 16:45   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Highline models are the fastest (and only selling I think) models from VW. The prices and the offers have remained flat (decreased by 2 K this month) across all dealers in BLR. Seems like they have found their ideal selling base and don't need to work on the offers to keep the numbers. The current offer is 15K on Highline (corporate + cash). If you are individual buyer then you can additionally get the 0% offer (however I don't think its on the Highline). Also you can bargain on the Insurance if you let the dealer do it. I see Vento on a cruise model (however at a lower speed). But they seem to be contended with that number.
Thanks Man & Machine. I have been talking to VV Palace Cross from almost last one month and they are not even interested in giving any discounts on Highline Model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Agree with Man & Machine above. My dealer (VW Palace Cross) mentioned that the 0% financing scheme and other schemes are only for Vento & Polo TL & CL as they are the slow moving ones. VW, from what i gather, are very tough to negotiate with.
Yes, its not available on Highline.
Old 5th July 2013, 20:15   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Lol. Metallics are much much harder to maintain than regular white and black. Most people buy white only to avoid the hassles of maintaining a metallic colour.

Obviously This guy is trying very hard to get rid of the white style model that he has in stock. He has lied through his nose to get you to buy it. Fiesta isn't a hot seller so there's no way in hell it'll take 6 months or a year to get a titanium. But he's discouraging you from buying it means he's desperate to get rid of his car.

Here's what I suggest - wait for quotes from other dealers. If another dealer has a titanium in stock you will get an equally good deal. Do not close the deal until youve seen what other dealers are offering. i made a big mistake with my beamer only to find out later that other dealers are offering much bigger discounts.This car isn't flying off the shelves so everyone will offer a discount.

If other dealers don't offer a good deal, this guy will only make the deal sweeter for you when you walk away to another dealer. At that point I suggest u walk in with your cheque book and tell him your final offer is 1.5 L discount. When you walk in with the chequebook is when the real bargaining happens. I'm surprised he's offering so much discount without knowin if you're a sureshot customer or not.

Anyway I would imagine he'll close the deal closer to 1.2-1.3 L discount when you walk in with the chequebook.

I think that's sweet enough.
A quick update, I believe this would be helpful to all those looking for Fiesta.

I got a quote of 10.2L (On Road with no freebies) on New Fiesta style AT from a dealer. The second and third dealer told me 10.72 but the third dealer offered accessories worth 28K additionally. I have told the second and third dealers that if you are not serious then I will go to the first guy. One guy right away asked me to wait for one more day till he works out an even better deal. The other guy said 'No way its possible' and gave me a number of mathematical combinations to prove that their margins are already thin. As if they are paying money on my behalf to get me the car I said 'alright, in case you have any better quote let me know' and I came back. Now guess what, this guy called me up while driving back, saying 'Sir, big surprise for you. There is a fabulous offer for the month of July from Ford. We just got the email and we are still working out the extend of discount for you. Please do not take any decisions till tomorrow evening'.

I think there is something big cooking in Ford. Either these cars are thrown out from Ford's yard (to make space for Ecosport?) at a throw away price for dealers to play according to their convenience or they are phasing out the current version and coming up with a lesser price tag. Now they know that they could repeat ecosport given good pricing.

How do I extract this opportunity to the highest possible extend? Please share strategies. As it's obvious that these dealers are all really cunning than I thought.
Old 5th July 2013, 21:27   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post

A quick update, I believe this would be helpful to all those looking for Fiesta.

I got a quote of 10.2L (On Road with no freebies) on New Fiesta style AT from a dealer. The second and third dealer told me 10.72 but the third dealer offered accessories worth 28K additionally. I have told the second and third dealers that if you are not serious then I will go to the first guy. One guy right away asked me to wait for one more day till he works out an even better deal. The other guy said 'No way its possible' and gave me a number of mathematical combinations to prove that their margins are already thin. As if they are paying money on my behalf to get me the car I said 'alright, in case you have any better quote let me know' and I came back. Now guess what, this guy called me up while driving back, saying 'Sir, big surprise for you. There is a fabulous offer for the month of July from Ford. We just got the email and we are still working out the extend of discount for you. Please do not take any decisions till tomorrow evening'.

I think there is something big cooking in Ford. Either these cars are thrown out from Ford's yard (to make space for Ecosport?) at a throw away price for dealers to play according to their convenience or they are phasing out the current version and coming up with a lesser price tag. Now they know that they could repeat ecosport given good pricing.

How do I extract this opportunity to the highest possible extend? Please share strategies. As it's obvious that these dealers are all really cunning than I thought.
Flaunt your cheque book till you extract the maximum discount. Fiesta isn't selling much , so make use of this opportunity to your advantage. Demand to talk to manager, and his manager and his manager till your guts say' that's it'.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 06:35   #3611
BHPian

Hi,
I need your advice, A dealer is offering us a 2000kms run Vista90 diesel @ an additional discount of 45k. As per him its a March 13 production car which was run for some ARAI testing, and by mistake has come to the dealership for sale. It has not been registered in any name till date, and hence we will be the first owners. Do you think its a good bargain or at what price should I accept this car. Visually it looks like a no issue car, but is it safe to consider this offer?

Thanks,

Kiran
Old 6th July 2013, 08:10   #3612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Hi,
I need your advice, A dealer is offering us a 2000kms run Vista90 diesel @ an additional discount of 45k. As per him its a March 13 production car which was run for some ARAI testing, and by mistake has come to the dealership for sale. It has not been registered in any name till date, and hence we will be the first owners. Do you think its a good bargain or at what price should I accept this car. Visually it looks like a no issue car, but is it safe to consider this offer?

Thanks,

Kiran
Too fishy to believe it . 2000km run might mean used for test drives or by dealer himself to ferry at his dealership(which is better than people abusing during TD)

You definitely need more than just visual inspection. 2000 km is still brand new car, but you better take some one who knows about mechanicals well. stuff like suspension, clutch etc do matter a lot and go unnoticed by normal drivers like us.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 09:28   #3613
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Kiran
If it wasn't meant for sale.....don't buy it. Simply put, if it was used for testing and finally not meant to be sold, even the company itself wont care enough while testing, so that the car remains in saleable condition.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 10:47   #3614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Kiran
The problem with dealers is that they normally disconnect the odo meter when they use the car. So the 2K km may not even be correct.

I would desist from such deals. As Tata cars are not selling much, use this opportunity to get some more discount on a brand new car, you never know in this depressed market you may get the extra 45k discount on a new car.

If you still want this car -
. Check the tyres, they normally will reflect true milage
. Check the seats for wear and tear
. Check the gear shift for play
. If possible get the car checked by an independent garage

If all is fine, ask for a 1L discount, if he agrees you have a bargain, else get a new car.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 12:59   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalorians,

Ok got a call from Palace Cross. This is the offer for current month on Vento Highline Diesel

Free Insurance
10,000 Cash Discount
Free Essential Pack
Corp Discount

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks