Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:04   #3766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post

Just wanted to confirm are Honda really providing 1 lakh discount on V MT?
Is this a 2013 Model?

Please confirm
Chalu-my bad ... It's a S MT
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:14   #3767
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Some offers from Chevrolet in todays Hindustan Times in Mumbai
From what I understand the Sail gets an
Exchange Bonus: 15,000.
Special discount: 7,000.
Loyalty Bonus: 10,000

Also there is a corporate discount of 3,000.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd July 2013 at 12:17.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:17   #3768
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Vento Highline TDi
Ex-showroom - 999912 (I need to check this again - don't have the work-sheet with me)
Do check about the Ex -Showroom price. There are different rates mentioned by forum members. May be the confusion is due to the way discount is mentioned. Do check this post - Vento price

Also, is it possible to take loan for a lower amount by making a bigger down payment if opting for VW finance. I guess they are mentioning loan for 80% of cost and 20 as down payment. Is it possible to make a down payment of say 40 % and get loan amount to 60 %. Also, any pre - payment penalty is applicable ?
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:40   #3769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Factor for keeping car:
  • Not getting good value on resale (4.75l when I bought it for c7.4l in 2011) which makes it a charge of 3lacs for 20kms in less than 2 years
  • Will need to shelve out another 2.3lacs to get a decent model
  • Honestly car is not giving me any trouble at all, its just that there is a little parking fight in our locality.
  • Parents still like the looks of the car and the car itself
Factors for not keeping car:
  • Lacks some essential features like power mirrors, ABS, airbags
  • Has a heavier steering
  • Don't like the looks and not spacious room inside
  • I really like new Swift, i20 and Fabia (a matter of heart over head)
All the cars depreciate most in initial years. You can slow the depreciation of your car by running it for long(no EMIs etC) or running it more. Car will still depreciate, but you will be saving money in terms of fuel/taxi etc.

but fact is that a car will always be a depreciating asset.

Options for you
1. Go for the new car, slowdown means you might get good deals now
2. Wait for 2014/2015. Lot of exciting new launches are going to happen with every manufacturer having big plans for Indian market.

I would go for option 2 since the car is just 2011 make.
Old 25th July 2013, 13:17   #3770
BHPian

Any offers on Brio currently?
Old 25th July 2013, 14:39   #3771
Senior - BHPian

The 36K consumer offer on Wagon R is the best ever as far as I can remember.
When my neighbour picked up a Wagon R last year, he got a discount of 28K as far as I can remember.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:06   #3772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Any offers on Brio currently?
Free insurance + 10,000 cash discount + Corporate discount + 10,000 Accessories on slow moving variants (Silver, manual transmission).
Old 25th July 2013, 16:35   #3773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Free insurance + 10,000 cash discount + Corporate discount + 10,000 Accessories on slow moving variants (Silver, manual transmission).
Thank you. Any idea what accessories are on offer?
Old 25th July 2013, 19:07   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Do check about the Ex -Showroom price. There are different rates mentioned by forum members. May be the confusion is due to the way discount is mentioned. Do check this post - Vento price

Also, is it possible to take loan for a lower amount by making a bigger down payment if opting for VW finance. I guess they are mentioning loan for 80% of cost and 20 as down payment. Is it possible to make a down payment of say 40 % and get loan amount to 60 %. Also, any pre - payment penalty is applicable ?
Yes, its possible. I am going for the Polo HL petrol and I have opted for 1L loan from VW. Not sure of the rate however, they said 10.8 or 11. They haven't approved it yet. But I guess the benefit over the VW finance they offered is better when we compare the rate difference between other banks. If you are going for a higher amount then you will have to calculate the benefits and decide.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:11   #3775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
Team... Finally decided to go with a 2nd generation Honda City V MT instead of a used one.
Let me know if the following quote from Dakshin is good or if there's a better price elsewhere in Bangalore.

10 lacs OTR includes comprehensive insurance+free road side assistance +reverse sensors +accessories

I will try to ask for 0% depreciation insurance add on .

Also Let me know if any of you are interested to group up so we can negotiate a better price.

Mod note: Please avoid acronyms like NHC and use the full name of the car
Hi,
I am also looking at Honda City S MT at Dakshin Honda (Bangalore). Please PM to for a group discount.
Than
Old 26th July 2013, 12:29   #3776
BHPian

Chel - I am unable to PM you. Can you try PM'ing me your # ?

Administrators - I dont see a Enable Private messaging option in my Edit options.
Could you please help.
Old 26th July 2013, 14:14   #3777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
Chel - I am unable to PM you. Can you try PM'ing me your # ?

Administrators - I dont see a Enable Private messaging option in my Edit options.
Could you please help.
Note from Mod : Newbies will get their PM enabled ONLY after completing 25 posts !!!
Old 26th July 2013, 17:13   #3778
Senior - BHPian

Audi A6 @ 5.5% interest and 4 years free service & warranty.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-a6-5.5.jpg
Old 26th July 2013, 18:51   #3779
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda to hike prices across range.
Quote:
The increase in cost of raw materials that’s resulted from the skewed exchange rate has hit Skoda hard, and it has had no choice but to pass some of this on to the customer. Although the actual price hike amounts have not been revealed yet, it is believed that they are only a small percentage higher, with Skoda absorbing a part of the impact of increased costs.
source:ACI
Old 26th July 2013, 18:54   #3780
BHPian

Those looking for volkswagen vento can have appart from fully loaded scheme , 20000 exchange bonus and 10000 loyalty bonus.
Talking about VW delhi west.

Most Viewed