Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 17:52   #3796
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
I believe you should ask for more discount for older stock. About some months ago, my boss took up Superb which was around 9 month old stock. He got 3L discount along with an upgrade in music system worth around 68K. Passat was way behind Superb in terms of off-take. Most probably there are stocks lying everywhere in the distribution system for Passat. you can ask him to throw in free insurance perhaps to sweeten this further.
Started with 2.25L discount now at 3.25L maybe shoot for another 1L.
Old 29th July 2013, 17:54   #3797
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Just spoke to BMW infiniti Mumbai

Best on road for X1 2.0d 31L (vs list of 35.5L)
Best on road for 320d 32.5L (vs list of 37.1L)
wysiwyg25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 19:59   #3798

Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Quote:
Down south dealers are offering 1.3lakh straight discount. 3 friends bought the same. 2 emotions and 1 dynamic. The discount was the same for all though.
Hi JayD, Could you please share more details on the 1.3 L discount? I can also show it to the dealer here in pune to avail it. Presently they don't have much clue about it.
Old 29th July 2013, 21:38   #3799
BHPian

Team- my honda dealer is quoting 9.5k as registration charges in bangalore for a new city. Isn't that very high? What's a realistic charge ?
Old 29th July 2013, 22:56   #3800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
I believe you should ask for more discount for older stock. About some months ago, my boss took up Superb which was around 9 month old stock. He got 3L discount along with an upgrade in music system worth around 68K. Passat was way behind Superb in terms of off-take. Most probably there are stocks lying everywhere in the distribution system for Passat. you can ask him to throw in free insurance perhaps to sweeten this further.
Is it ok to pick up 9-10 month old stock. Any possible issues that could crop up.
Old 30th July 2013, 13:20   #3801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Is it ok to pick up 9-10 month old stock. Any possible issues that could crop up.
Not that I know of any. They do keep the stocked cars inspected regularly. In cases that I've seen (there are two in my office group at present), there was absolutely no issues due to aged stock. The vehicles are behaving perfectly as new ones would. Just be sure to do a proper and thorough PDI to make sure everything is as expected.
Old 30th July 2013, 17:23   #3802
BHPian

Skoda Rapid price to be increased by up to Rs.10000 from August 1st.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:25   #3803
BHPian

With the rupee close to 61 today and likely headed higher given RBI's benign stance yesterday expect all imports to initiate price hikes in the next few weeks despite weak macro.
Old 1st August 2013, 14:10   #3804
BHPian

I got this text message a week ago and it left me in splits!
"This month offer for
skoda Rabit ,alloy wheel, riverse sensor , rivers camera , navication mapping , leather seat cover , sill cover
more details contact
A. Louis raj"
sunsetorange is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 15:35   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
"This month offer for
skoda Rabit ,alloy wheel, riverse sensor , rivers camera , navication mapping , leather seat cover , sill cover
more details contact
A. Louis raj"
Is this the actual original message that you received? Skoda Rabit (???), rivers camera, navication mapping etc...? This is horrendous.

I think you should put this on their FB page.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:16   #3806
BHPian

Picked up a white Swift VDI yesterday, with a INR 36000 discount. Came to about INR 6,78,000 on-road, Kochi. This offer was supposed to end on 31st July, but I doubt it will.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:25   #3807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
"This month offer for
more details contact
A. Louis raj"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Is this the actual original message that you received? Skoda Rabit (???), rivers camera, navication mapping etc...? This is horrendous.

I think you should put this on their FB page.
Could be from a SA in any of the local dealerships rather than Skoda itself, just goes to show the homework they do.
Old 1st August 2013, 17:04   #3808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
Team- my honda dealer is quoting 9.5k as registration
This so called registration charge is nothing but handling charge. Part of this may be used to grease palms at RTO and major part will be pocketed by car dealership.
Apart from road tax, registration charge will come ~700 or so as quoted by most dealers. Handling charge usually is mentioned in range of 5K by most dealers. I have seen VW also quoting high in range of 9K or so. You can surely negotiate on this part.
Old 1st August 2013, 17:05   #3809
BHPian

Hi Team,

Quick question. Is 11,35,000/- on road inclusive of parking sensor and spoiler a good deal on a Rapid Elegance with the updated alloys and the New Skoda Logo?
Let me know your thoughts as I am looking to book this weekend.
Old 1st August 2013, 17:20   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Hi Team,

Quick question. Is 11,35,000/- on road inclusive of parking sensor and spoiler a good deal on a Rapid Elegance with the updated alloys and the New Skoda Logo?
Let me know your thoughts as I am looking to book this weekend.
I will be taking delivery of my 1.6TDi Elegance next week. My price was 11.4L. The price includes 4D premium mats, rear parking sensors with camera and monitor, 3M external paint protection, mudflaps, Skoda drive assure, extended warranty. I also got the rear spoiler for around 9K (quoted price was 12K, not included in 11.4L).

Most Viewed