Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 18:39   #3961
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
if it has the alphabet "H" alongside the kilometers run, you are good to go. In case the H is missing then it would be a cause for concern as it could be just a car that has run over 200 kms or anything more than that.
I have heard / read a lot about this 'H' thing, The 3-4 new cars in the dealer showroom, none had that H visible. i was stupid not to inquire about it.
Old 28th August 2013, 20:43   #3962
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
With the discounts mentioned, the final figure you should be paying should be lower. My cost assumptions and calculation:

Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 Rs 9,35,579/- (assumed, source: carwale.com)
Total Rs 10,47,117/-

Less Exchange Bonus+ Corp Discount Rs 1,00,000/-

Payable amount = Rs 9,47,117/-

So, why should you be paying Rs 9.7L or have I missed something?
Actual prices always tends to be bit higher than Carwale quote. Also the extended warranty was not free , i just said that the OTR putting everything minus discount as around 9.7L. Below is the actual break-up,

Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 Rs 9,41,845/-
RTO Rs 1,02,185/-
Zero Dep Insurance Rs 35,319/-, Future Generalli,
RSA Rs 0/-, provided FOC by the dealer
Extended Warranty Rs 7,865/-
Logistics charges Rs 0/-
Acccessories Rs 5,000/- (I can decline this if I want to)

Total Rs 10,92,214/-

Minus Discount Rs 1,00,000/-
Corporate discount Rs 5000/-
Haggling discounts Rs 5000/-
Gold coin Rs 1500/- (could be worth Rs:10,000 going by the rupee fall )

Total Comes to around 9.7L on-road if you were to minus the cost of the RSA also.

Quote:
As regards the insurance, you could look at Bharti Axa. Apart from Zero Dep, I took mine with Invoice price cover and other adds-ons like hospital cash cover, RSA, personal accident cover for passengers, ambulance charge cover, medical expenses cover). You can get an online quote and I can provide you contact number of the executive from their Bangalore office who can help you in building the quote / on-line purchase process.
Bharathi Axa for 9.1L IDV seems to comes Rs:33,000 (Zero-dep bumper to bumper) which is close to dealer offer and I would not break the rapport for Rs:2000 (I will if it is some Rs:10,000 difference )

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
35k is way too much for the insurance. For my Altis the 0 dep insurance costed me around 32k with Tata AIG and this was there top end plan with all the possible add ons. For the Linea the amount should be more around 26-27k mark. Why don't you take the quote from outside and see?
Unfortunately I am buying a Fiat and issue starts even before I buy the car. Basically only FG and Bharathi Axa seems to have cashless tie-ups at-least in Chennai for the new service centres. Maybe any Fiat owners can pitch in with more pointers if possible. Maybe I can try comprehensive insurance and save some Rs:8,000 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
2L discount. My only concern is why so low? Was it a TD vehicle? Dealer says its fresh. A requested a friend of mine to visit dealership today to check, unfortunately he is not into cars so cant tell just by looks. Its not in showroom but in stockyard.
From my very personal opinion, I would stay away from a 2 year old model if the discount is just 2L considering that this is a Fiat and current discounts for 2013 models itself comes to close to 1.3L. For another 70K , it is not worth to take many chances since there would be that nagging feeling at the back of the head.
Old 28th August 2013, 20:46   #3963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
From my very personal opinion, I would stay away from a 2 year old model if the discount is just 2L considering that this is a Fiat and current discounts for 2013 models itself comes to close to 1.3L. For another 70K , it is not worth to take many chances since there would be that nagging feeling at the back of the head.
I am talking about Punto and not Linea, discounts on 2013 Punto pegged around 65k only
Old 28th August 2013, 21:12   #3964
Distinguished - BHPian

General Motors to hike prices by up to Rs 10,000 from September.

The company will be increasing the prices of its compact car Beat, SAILBSE 5.22 % and multi-purpose vehicle Enjoy by 1.5 per cent, which translates to a range of Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/22118800.cms
Old 28th August 2013, 21:13   #3965
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
@Aceman: you have negotiated well as well as found a fiat dealer who is pragmatic enough to pass on the benefits that fiat wants their dealers to pass on to its prospective consumers.

A lower Ex-Showroom invoice value results in lower Insurance premium as well as lower Registration amount. 2 L discount translates to over Rs 2.25 L difference in OTR price.

Further, one can get other freebies - I got RSA, Extended Warranty, Mud Flaps, Car Mats, Underbody Anti-rust and Paint protection FOC. Conservatively, this would add to Rs 15K.

So, this would amount to a total discount of 2.4L if the dealer agrees to play ball and is willing to work at lower margins.

Quote:
I am talking about Punto and not Linea, discounts on 2013 Punto pegged around 65k only
@rkhare: Wow. That is a smashing deal if you are getting 2L cash discount on Punto (I thought one could get 1.5 L on 2012 Puntos and 2 L on 2012 Lineas.) Please evaluate this vehicle carefully and close the deal if it checks all boxes. If it does not, please share the details on the forum as I know other members who would also want to evaluate this deal.

Last edited by nmo : 28th August 2013 at 21:24. Reason: Rkhare's clarification of 2L discount on Punto (not Linea)
Old 28th August 2013, 22:07   #3966
BHPian

Aceman - can you upload the proforma that you received with the discount listed. That will help many to bargain harder.
Old 28th August 2013, 23:16   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
@rkhare: Wow. That is a smashing deal if you are getting 2L cash discount on Punto (I thought one could get 1.5 L on 2012 Puntos and 2 L on 2012 Lineas.) Please evaluate this vehicle carefully and close the deal if it checks all boxes. If it does not, please share the details on the forum as I know other members who would also want to evaluate this deal.
sorry for all the confusion, now I can tell how well connected you are, my local Tata dealer RMJ definitely has Linea in his stock
Old 29th August 2013, 08:34   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry , I had assumed that you were talking about the Linea. This is a smashing deal for the Punto since OTR might end up being less than 5L which would be the cost of a top spec'd i10.

Quote:
@Aceman: you have negotiated well as well as found a fiat dealer who is pragmatic enough to pass on the benefits that fiat wants their dealers to pass on to its prospective consumers.
Pragmatic, Enthusiastic and willing to go extra mile Fiat dealer. One year ago it would have sounded like a oxymoron if talking about Fiat cars .

In Chennai discounts if offered would be only on the OTR price and not on ex-showroom price due to RTO regulations (or something like that). I am not sure if it is true or not but every dealer says the same thing regarding applying the any discount on ex-showroom price.

B/W are the accessories worth it (some mud flaps, carpets..etc) or can I ask him to reduce that and bill me ?
Old 29th August 2013, 15:50   #3969
BHPian

There is a 2012 Linea Dynamic MJD available with Tejaswi Motors Hyderabad. Here is the pricing breakup :

2012 Linea dynamic OTR in Hyd - 10.86 lakhs

Cash Discount - 1.2 Lakhs

Total amount less discount - 9.66/- lakhs

The existing offers cannot be clubbed to this model hence that is the last price they can offer.

IMO the 2013 model with the existing discounts (free insurance, 25 K cash discount, 1 Lakh exchange and loyalty bonus) makes more value for money than the former.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 29th August 2013 at 15:51. Reason: added MJD
Old 29th August 2013, 16:44   #3970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
IMO the 2013 model with the existing discounts (free insurance, 25 K cash discount, 1 Lakh exchange and loyalty bonus) makes more value for money than the former.
Is this offer avl on both the MJD & the Tjet ?
Old 29th August 2013, 17:55   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Is this offer avl on both the MJD & the Tjet ?
Called them to re-confirm.

There are two offers:

No. 1: Exchange and loyalty bonus of Rs. 1,00,000/- as cash discount

or

No. 2 : Free insurance + 25 K cash discount + 3-5k corporate bonus.

Any one of the offer will be applicable for both MJD and Tjet.

I am sure free insurance or the cash+corporate discount can be negotiated along with option No. 1.

P.S. : Apologies if my previous post was mis-leading. After my second call It got clarified that both are different offers.

Cheers,
Abhi
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 18:02   #3972
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz India has announced that it will raise the prices of its entire line-up by 2.5 to 4.5 percent, effective September 1, 2013.

Source:ACI
Old 29th August 2013, 22:29   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
1) Fiat has a dealer dispute @ hyderabad (my source is from different zone / region) and the dealer has not picked stock from Fiat for last 2 months.
There's only one now in Hyd - Tejaswi - Isnt that a matter of concern ? Hope they appoint atleast one more from whom we can get some more pricing options
Old 30th August 2013, 07:30   #3974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
There's only one now in Hyd - Tejaswi - Isnt that a matter of concern ? Hope they appoint atleast one more from whom we can get some more pricing options
Some good news for fiat fans. There is another exclusive fiat dealer opening up in Hyderabad namely A.V. Motors. They have their temporary showroom in gvk mall currently and the permanent show room is planned at Minister Road, secunderabad and service center at Sanathnagar. They have sent introduction emails to the existing fiat owners regarding this. The full scale operation will begin from September, I hope they will start marketing aggressively.

Let me know if you want me to PM you the sales person's contact number.
Old 30th August 2013, 19:10   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Planning to buy BMW 320i(petrol) or audi A4 1.8 tfsi , can anybody please update on current discounts going around. Are there any other suggestion in that segment ?
NOTE looking for a refind petrol automatic.
Check this post in ACI. It says 320i is available at 5L discount. Is there a 320i on sale or they meant 328i?
It also says A4 available at 5L discount.
RakishRam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks