Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2013, 22:57   #3991
nmo
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Are there any more 2012 puntos available, dynamic or emotion to be specific and how complicated would it be to get them to Hyderabad.
Here is a list of Puntos that were available a month back. As per feedback of few members, some of the dealers listed here have denied availability so I will delete those based on members' confirmation and update the sheet:
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-punto-stock.jpg  

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-punto-stock1.jpg  

nmo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 08:54   #3992
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
As per feedback of few members, some of the dealers listed here have denied availability so I will delete those based on members' confirmation and update the sheet:
Thank you for the list Nishinth. Mallik cars said they only have a 2012 petrol punto not an Mjd but let me double check with them and confirm to you for deletion.

I see a emotion in Bangalore, should we directly get in touch with Concorde motors or fiat should be involved. My BIL and sister stay in Blr so they could be of help.

Any suggestions/guidance on how to move forward ?

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 1st September 2013, 09:22   #3993
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the list Nishinth. Mallik cars said they only have a 2012 petrol punto not an Mjd but let me double check with them and confirm to you for deletion.

I see a emotion in Bangalore, should we directly get in touch with Concorde motors or fiat should be involved. My BIL and sister stay in Blr so they could be of help.

Any suggestions/guidance on how to move forward ?

Cheers,
Abhi
Abhi,

Though Tata dealers cannot sell the vehicles directly, it may be worthwhile to locate the cars available with them. So, you could directly call Concorde Motors (or other Tata dealers in the list) and check if they have any Punto sitting with them. If they have one, you could then check the price they are willing to give as well as get the car inspected or inspect the car yourself.

After that, you could try to locate a Fiat dealer in Bangalore who would be willing to pick the car on your behalf from Concorde, service the car / perform whatever work you need (replace fluids, battery, interior / exterior cleaning), provide you a proforma invoice adding his handling / invoicing margin (say 20 - 30 K, do not know how much it needs to be, fluid / battery / servicing cost can be estimated, commercial costs are unknown), invoice the car after you OK the car after doing a PDI as well as get a temporary registration for the car. You can then take delivery of the car and drive it to hyderabad.

I was told that interstate transfers are messy and certainly there would be some additional costs to be incurred but then if it helps you save a packet, why not? I had used the T-BHP directory and talked to Akku - RTO agent who had given me clear guidelines about the process. I used my Mumbai address for invoicing, provided address proof of the Nagpur dealer making sure that there were no documentation errors, went rigorously in getting transit pass at Thane and then paid octroi at BMC octroi check post and then only brought the car to my residence. Next day, I handed all the original papers to Akku who got the car registered at Mumbai. You will need to do similar homework for hyderabad and you can just read up the relevant T-BHP threads / posts / directory and I am sure you will find the relevant info.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:23   #3994
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a list of Puntos that were available a month back. As per feedback of few members, some of the dealers listed here have denied availability so I will delete those based on members' confirmation and update the sheet:
I visited RMJ motors, Bhopal again, they don't have any GP or Linea left. The sales guy said they already transferred all the stock to new FIAT dealer 3 months. Sanghi Fiat, Bhopal says all sold.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:34   #3995
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
I think you better go ahead, who knows the Classic might end up stipped off, and I honestly think the facelift linea isn't better than the current one. Except maybe you'll miss on the interior part.

Please do check the car thoroughly before you buy it since it's being offered with a hefty discount. All the best,
Thanks. I went ahead and booked Emotion Tjet from Aadya Motors. Got good discount + Freebies of Parking sensors+Door Sills+Car Cover.
Need to confirm them colour-confused between white and wine.
Mostly i will be getting August 2013 manufactured car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Tough call from the exterior i think the current Linea will look better than what comes in 2014 , but there are significant changes to the interior which cannot be ignored.... if i was in your shoes , i would have probably gone ahead and bought it , more out of fear that Fiat could stop production of the T-Jet rather than anything else , but that's me - if you think you will regret not getting the latest design and its going to nag you then maybe advisable to wait

The deal as such is good especially with the sills and the parking sensors.
Thanks puchoo for your advise. Fiat is not stopping production of Tjet. They are stripping down classis variant with some features.

I did not like 2014 interior much. Click here to view 2014 Linea interior. Since i am getting good discount, i finalized deal.

Any advise on tyres?
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 12:37   #3996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Congrats!!!

I was not suggesting that they are stopping production but rather that i dont trust them not to..

Tyre Advise , well its what i have read and received from other members here which is to switch to Michelin , they seem to be the most popular upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
i finalized deal.

Any advise on tyres?
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 13:34   #3997
Senior - BHPian

Let me share my two cents based on similar experience of buying a Fiat in MH and then driving it across to HR for final registration.
Approach the dealer holding the stock currently and authorised by FIPL to sell and offer warranty/extended warranty etc etc
Negotiate the price with them including all the fluid changes etc. (at dealer/Fiat' cost).
Get the vehicle insured(your self or through the dealer purely your choice) and temp. registration done 'By the Dealer'.
Get a 'registration' file prepared by the selling dealer, this will include all of the documents required to permanently register the vehicle eventually.
You may want to visit your local RTO and obtain a list of documents required for this purpose. More or less these docs. are same all over the country but your homework should cover any unforeseen requirement.
Obtaining the list should not be very difficult. At least in HR the list for various vehicle categories along worth all requisite fee, tax slabs, form nos complete with submission window numbers are painted on the RTO walls. I simply clicked snaps of the same and referred to them while getting my registration file prepared.

Once you have the temporary registration done simply drive the car to your city and get it registered yourself/ via an agent per your convenience. There is no need to stop at any of the commercial check posts etc unless you are entering a state where entry tax/Octroi is payable.

The only other thing that you need to check for is the Sales Tax slab for vehicles applicable in your home state. This can be easily found out from any car dealer's showroom in your city. If the same is equal to or lower compared to the state where the vehicle is being sold you do not have to do anything. However if the tax is higher in your state then you will have to pay the difference at the time of final registration. The RTO clerk will inform you regarding the amount and this can be deposited at the designated branch.

Your BIL could initiate the process for you including a thorough inspection. PDI is a misnomer I feel it should be called Pre Payment Inspection. Atleast I like to inspect the vehicle before making final payment for the same.
In my case it was a fellow Tbhpian who did the needfull in MH for me including selecting or should I say changing the colour during the inspection but that is another story.

It is a fairly simple process and an enjoyable one as the dealers are very happy to see old stock move and go out of the way to accommodate customers helping them clear the same.

Quote:
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 20:13   #3998
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You may want to visit your local RTO and obtain a list of documents required for this purpose. More or less these docs. are same all over the country but your homework should cover any unforeseen requirement.
The list of documents provided by me to the selling dealer for temporary registration were:

1. Copy of my PAN Card
2. Residence proof (Telephone Bill, Registered Lease Agreement). Passport, Electricity Bill etc are also accepted. However, there is variation across RTOs across states so the dealer will be able to guide you on this.
3. Insurance policy cover note (took insurance from Bharti Axa online and then called Bharti Axa Bangalore call center for minor modifications required in the policy i.e. year of manufacture)

They made me sign a bunch of forms that they used for getting the temporary registration (called CRTM - certificate of temporary registration)

At time of delivery, they provided me the following documents:

4. Vehicle Invoice
5. Certificate of Temporary Registration (CRTM)
6. Sales Certificate (Form 21)
7. PUC certificate issued by the manufacturer (Form 22)

Since octroi is applicable for Mumbai, I obtained the following documents after paying the octroi at the BMC checkpost:

8. 'Octroi receipt'
9. NOC from BMC

Document 8 and 9 may not be required for cities where octroi is not applicable.

The following documents may also be required that I did not need:

10. Certificate of Sales Tax payment
11. Financier's letter (for cars purchased with finance, the financier's letter addressed to RTO is required Financier's lien on the car)

The above documents are to be attached for registration (sales certificate, CRTM, PUC certificate, Octroi receipt, NOC from octroi authority, certificate of sales tax payment, financier's letter - original documents and photocopies of rest) along with:

12. Application of new car registration (Form 20) with pencil imprint of chassis no

The vehicle needs to be registered within 14 days from date of temporary registration and this period also varies from state to state. There is a validity date in the CRTM so you would be well advised to apply for registration well in time before expiry of your temporary registration.

There may be some variation from state to state and other members could guide on variations. There are dedicated threads on the T-BHP forum and you could look them up and finally confirm with the RTO in your city.
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:52   #3999
BHPian

Quote:
As per feedback of few members, some of the dealers listed here have denied availability so I will delete those based on members' confirmation and update the sheet:

All four Concorde dealers (Bangalore) have denied having any 2012 GP stock with them. I think you can delete their names too

Called them a while ago.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 2nd September 2013 at 13:53. Reason: added location
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:41   #4000
BHPian

TBHPians,

Need your advise.

Booked a Ritz ZXi (Baker's Chocolate) last month. The indent was logged by dealer with Maruti on 12th August. Negotiated the OTR price to 5.97.

Dealer says Maruti is focused on diesel cars production and the 3rd shift is not operational, hence expect a delay. They say the car would be delivered by end-Sept and it is production schedule for around 15th Sept. I am not sure of this. There is no confirmed timeline for delivery promised by the dealer or Maruti. Looks like the prices will go up soon (or before the delivery of the vehicle). I might end up paying more

Any idea how long it is taking for Ritz ZXi deliveries now? Should I continue to wait (my family prefers Ritz) or check Grand i10 (is it worth)?

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 2nd September 2013 at 16:43.
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:50   #4001
BHPian

@busyboykk:

Ritz will be better than Grand i10 IMO. Its high sitting position & lower maintenance cost is preferable any day.

Also, I would say petrol engine Ritz > Grand i10.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:06   #4002
BHPian

Hi,

I have got following Quote for Tata Safar Storme EX at Jaipur

Ex showroom - 1127329
Insurance - 42627
RTO - 101005
Logistics - 7000 (what is this?)
Sensor - 3900
Extended Warranty - 7000

Total On Road - 12,88,861/-

Dealer says he can give discounts of upto 30k. He claims that I am not eligible to claim exchange bonus of additional 30K as my existing car is registered at delhi.

Is there scope for further negotiation and where? Help will be appreciated.
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:25   #4003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
He claims that I am not eligible to claim exchange bonus of additional 30K as my existing car is registered at delhi.

I have not dealt with a Tata dealer but he is probably just trying to avoid the exchange bonus. I had a similar issue in Bangalore when I booked an i10 and I already owned a Santro with a TN registration. Initially the dealer said loyalty / exchange bonus can be given only if the existing car is registered in the same city. However, when I argued that this was an absurd logic and took a stance that I will book only if the bonus is offered, 2 dealers obliged. What they required was that the RC / Insurance of the existing vehicle is in your name and the same address in which you will register the new vehicle.

Given the sales numbers of Tata cars, I am sure you can push the dealer and extract this, and other discounts. These days, insurance is free for pretty much all the cars, so you should get this as well over and above a cash discount
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:47   #4004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Dealer says he can give discounts of upto 30k. He claims that I am not eligible to claim exchange bonus of additional 30K as my existing car is registered at delhi.

You have to take a stand that you need the discount otherwise you are not booking. Remember Storme does not sell huge numbers and hence they have to sell their cars. They are willing to negotiate to close the deal. They try to show that they are rigid about their policies but do comply.

By the way guys - I have been in the market searching for a new car. I tried to get the Linea as per the instructions provided by NMO and the max discount that I got for the Linea 2012 dynamic mjd was 1.5lacs which I felt is really low. My logic - new facelift linea launch is around the corner and hence the current linea will be sold probably a lac lower then the current price with classic badge. Secondly - 2013 Linea is offered at 85K discount which technically means that I am getting only 65K additonal for buying 1 year old Linea, which I felt was really low. I asked them for higher discount something in the tune of 1.8L but they have denied it, hence I dropped the idea. Though thanks a lot for your help NMO.

Another car that I am currently pursuing is the Maruti Ertiga - ZDI. I have been offered 15K discount with some freebies for the Ertiga ZDI - do you think its okay or can be negotiated for more. Oh yes they are also giving me reverse sensor, carpets, underbody coating and parking cover..
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:52   #4005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

You have to take a stand that you need the discount otherwise you are not booking. Remember Storme does not sell huge numbers and hence they have to sell their cars. They are willing to negotiate to close the deal. They try to show that they are rigid about their policies but do comply.

By the way guys - I have been in the market searching for a new car. I tried to get the Linea as per the instructions provided by NMO and the max discount that I got for the Linea 2012 dynamic mjd was 1.5lacs which I felt is really low. My logic - new facelift linea launch is around the corner and hence the current linea will be sold probably a lac lower then the current price with classic badge. Secondly - 2013 Linea is offered at 85K discount which technically means that I am getting only 65K additonal for buying 1 year old Linea, which I felt was really low. I asked them for higher discount something in the tune of 1.8L but they have denied it, hence I dropped the idea. Though thanks a lot for your help NMO.

Another car that I am currently pursuing is the Maruti Ertiga - ZDI. I have been offered 15K discount with some freebies for the Ertiga ZDI - do you think its okay or can be negotiated for more. Oh yes they are also giving me reverse sensor, carpets, underbody coating and parking cover..
Linea and ertiga are in different leagues and class. Former is a soul mover, while latter is a people mover.
What's your actual requirement? Sorry to be blunt, are you looking at purely discounts??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks