Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 02:07   #4006
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Linea and ertiga are in different leagues and class. Former is a soul mover, while latter is a people mover.
What's your actual requirement? Sorry to be blunt, are you looking at purely discounts??
Its okay about the direct question and I understand that they are two different leagues.

The Linea that I was looking for was from my heart - I love the car and its design as well as the engine. Though mind says that family is growing - need a car in which all of us can go together for a vacation - parents, wife and 2 growing kids.

Discounts are nothing but a cherry on the cake - though the choice of cars were never beyond these two.

Still might go with the Linea if the discounts are in tune with the model of the car as nothing beats a FIAT in terms of handling and ride. Owned a Punto and hence can say its a personal experience.

Last edited by kailashnj : 4th September 2013 at 02:08.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 09:51   #4007
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Another car that I am currently pursuing is the Maruti Ertiga - ZDI. I have been offered 15K discount with some freebies for the Ertiga ZDI - do you think its okay or can be negotiated for more. Oh yes they are also giving me reverse sensor, carpets, underbody coating and parking cover..
As many have mentioned, Your heart says FIAT, brain says Ertiga. Discounts do make things look more sugar coated isnt it.

I was in similar state a month back between a sedan vs SUV vs Ertiga and finally settled for Ertiga purely for the practicality that a single car can offer.

Question you can ask yourself is, How often will you carry all the members in your family together ? And even if you do, can you explore options like hiring an Innova cab with a driver. If yes, Nothing can beat a sedan.

But if you have limitations such as frequent drives with family, one car option etc. Ertiga will be the intelligent choice. Here in Bangalore we are getting around 20000 discount but then we have tons of more tax compared to you.

After owning Ertiga for a month or so now, i can say Its not meant for spirited driving but will bring smile on your face with respect to carrying people with ease.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:43   #4008
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen considers hiking prices of its products to offset impact of rupee depreciation.

Quote:
We are currently working out the quantum of it and we might take a final call around September 10
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/22281587.cms
Old 4th September 2013, 12:36   #4009
BHPian

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/stor.../1/198315.html

Volkswagen is hiking its prices when the industry is at an all time low. They haven't mentioned which cars prices will they be hiking. VW has already priced its car at a premium and now this! Guess its not a consumers market anymore. Why can't the public have a say in this (overpricing any car) why won't SIAM act? I understand that pricing of a car is upto the company, but unaffordable cars :(...
Old 4th September 2013, 23:21   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

Volkswagen is hiking its prices when the industry is at an all time low. They haven't mentioned which cars prices will they be hiking. VW has already priced its car at a premium and now this! Guess its not a consumers market anymore. Why can't the public have a say in this (overpricing any car) why won't SIAM act? I understand that pricing of a car is upto the company, but unaffordable cars :(...
It's a free market. Anyone can price their cars at any price. If you don't think it's a good price and if customers believe that it doesn't make a value proposition, the car won't sell. If SIAM had to intervene in pricing of cars, then what would justify BMWs at 30+ lakhs and Rolls Royces at 4 crore?

The public does have a say. If they don't like the price, they won't buy. And whatever car makers may say, if they don't have scale they won't be able to do business.
Old 5th September 2013, 02:16   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

Its okay about the direct question and I understand that they are two different leagues.

The Linea that I was looking for was from my heart - I love the car and its design as well as the engine. Though mind says that family is growing - need a car in which all of us can go together for a vacation - parents, wife and 2 growing kids.

Discounts are nothing but a cherry on the cake - though the choice of cars were never beyond these two.

Still might go with the Linea if the discounts are in tune with the model of the car as nothing beats a FIAT in terms of handling and ride. Owned a Punto and hence can say its a personal experience.
You sold the cruze you just bought? I hope you're not going the way you change your phones with your cars. ..

Since you had a punto, why not buy something different?

You know my opinion on both cars, need I say more. .

Cheers

Last edited by Karan1981 : 5th September 2013 at 02:20.
Old 5th September 2013, 08:13   #4012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
You know my opinion on both cars, need I say more. .

Cheers
Nice to see you online here again. Yes I know your opinion and yes I have sold my cruze as that did not meet my requirements of a comfortable family car. Cruze is a nice drive car but where you have a small family and not when you live with your parents and drive as much as I do. 5 outstation trips in last one year and never felt comfortable as to many passengers in the car and to less a space. Inclination is towards the Ertiga now though more than the Linea, but still not yet decided. Probably wait for some time before I take the new one.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:44   #4013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

You do have a say. Do not buy if you think it is not worth it. A lot of manufacturers have discovered that overpricing does not pay, and once the initial euphoria is over the models tank.
Old 5th September 2013, 12:44   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
You do have a say. Do not buy if you think it is not worth it. A lot of manufacturers have discovered that overpricing does not pay, and once the initial euphoria is over the models tank.
Yep what you say is true. Somehow misinformed buyers and people buying a car just for looks will end up owning some car models at exorbitant prices (Renault are you listening), that's a discussion for another thread. Hopefully things will improve soon and auto lovers can rejoice when newer and more powerful engines arrive after this drought is over (fiat are you listening, linea 1.6)
Old 5th September 2013, 17:14   #4015
Distinguished - BHPian

Any offers running for Honda City in Bangalore? Any leads on this please.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:16   #4016
Team-BHP Support

Got this in my mailbox a couple of days back...

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-merc-.jpg
Old 6th September 2013, 00:50   #4017
BHPian

What are the prevailing discounts on storme for the month of September. Can anyone help.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:29   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Any offers running for Honda City in Bangalore? Any leads on this please.
Heard from friends/sources and some newspaper inserts:

1. Free Insurance
2. 10,000 discount
3. Exchange value for your old car

Was being offered by all dealers about a month back or so. Should be available, given the dismal sales of City in the past month.
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 13:20   #4019
BHPian

Current offers for VV Vento this month in Bangalore.

45,000 - Cash Discount
20,000 - Exchange Bonus
Upto 8,000 - Corporate Discount
Old 6th September 2013, 14:20   #4020
BHPian

Any offers running for Swift Zdi version in Bangalore? Some info please.

Most Viewed