Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 15:47   #4096
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Any info on the kind of deal JLR is offering on their XF 2.2 ?
Did you get any info on the deals being offered by JLR?
If yes, please do share them here, as there are some on the forum who are also keen on knowing. Strangely this thread has always been a bit silent on JLR.

Cheers!
Old 17th September 2013, 12:11   #4097
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Any ongoing deals on the Skoda Laura.

I am getting a quote for Laura Ambition 2013 model for 14.82L on road mumbai along with skoda shield for years 3/4 and zero dep insurance.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:14   #4098
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for hoping against hope but are there any offers on the Fortuner currently?
Old 17th September 2013, 12:34   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sorry for hoping against hope but are there any offers on the Fortuner currently?
It will be a sad day indeed if the Fortuner came with an offer. As some one who owns one and has influenced many others to get one as far as my investment is involved I would hope that such a day never comes.

On another note as the elections are just around the corner, the Fortuner is seeing another waiting trend setting in. Most big dealers in Gurgaon and Chandigarh have again gone up to upto 2 months wait from less than a month some time back.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:44   #4100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
It will be a sad day indeed if the Fortuner came with an offer. As some one who owns one and has influenced many others to get one as far as my investment is involved I would hope that such a day never comes.
I am seriously contemplating buying one in exchange for my Innova. The price increase it has seen in the last year and a half specially after the launch of the refreshed model has been crazy. Almost 2.3L rs increase in the ex-showroom prices. But with no good deals in the used car market, one is left with not much of an option.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:52   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am seriously contemplating buying one in exchange for my Innova. The price increase it has seen in the last year and a half specially after the launch of the refreshed model has been crazy. Almost 2.3L rs increase in the ex-showroom prices. But with no good deals in the used car market, one is left with not much of an option.
Fortuner is one car at least in the North which will not see a decline in its demand any time soon. Even now is a good time to get one, With the new one not before 2016 and elections on the anvil added to a very strong Kharif crop coming up, expect a huge surge in demand.

In fact not only the Fortuner if you are in the market for any popular car, buy now, Paddy cutting has started and I would say with the great condition of yields, prices or waiting for cars is just going to go up. Also as elections are close , I expect Govt. to raise MSP on most crops to get votes. This will mean more money and first thing to buy is usually gold or vehicles. If you are in stocks great time to buy any Nifty Auto stocks.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:53   #4102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
Did you get any info on the deals being offered by JLR?
If yes, please do share them here, as there are some on the forum who are also keen on knowing. Strangely this thread has always been a bit silent on JLR.

Cheers!
That could be because discounts are rare on JLR cars. Tata owns or controls most of the dealership and their activities to ensure that the brand value is maintained. They are staying away from getting into a price war like the Germans.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 13:11   #4103
BHPian

There is an advertisement in today's TOI of A4 177bhp: no down payment, emi of 42,122, 84 months and includes OTR price. Though there is a fine print stating an annual bullet payment.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:52   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Any ongoing deals on the Skoda Laura.

I am getting a quote for Laura Ambition 2013 model for 14.82L on road mumbai along with skoda shield for years 3/4 and zero dep insurance.
I think this is an excellent deal even if we assume it's for a manual transmission. I thought OTR was like 17.5L without any discounts.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:55   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
I think this is an excellent deal even if we assume it's for a manual transmission. I thought OTR was like 17.5L without any discounts.
Yes this is for the manual tranny 2013 built. I am waiting to see what the Octavia launches at. looks like the 1.4tsi will be the low-end model in the Octavia lineup.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:46   #4106
BHPian

Hi, I am having strange problem selling my Linea Em Pk Diesel 2010.

When i bought the car, i was based in chandigarh, so i bought it from there and got it registered there as well. Then i moved to Amritsar in 2012. Now i want to sell my car and upgrade.
But i am having some problems in it.

1) There are buyers but none is ready to buy a Chandigarh registered car ( not even used car buyers). Everyone says that i should sell this car only in Chandigarh.

2) A used car dealer also told me that even to sell my car in Chandigarh, i would be needing an address proof of Chandigarh. I had the address proof when i used to stay there but i have none now.

What am i supposed to do now?

Mods: I did not find any suitable thread related to my problem, please move to an appropriate thread if present.

Also it will be very helpful if someone can tell if there are any discounts on Hyundai Elantra?

Last edited by aah78 : 17th September 2013 at 23:29. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 17th September 2013, 23:12   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Also it will be very helpful if someone can tell if there are any discounts on Hyundai Elantra?
There was an advert in TOI yesterday. Elantra upto 80k off. But a lot varis dealer to dealer and city to city. Best would be to drop by at a dealership and negotiate hard. But yes there are discounts and you should be able to get a pretty good deal.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 07:42   #4108
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota to hike vehicle prices by up to Rs 24,000 from Sep 21.

The company said the price increase of the Etios, Etios Liva, Innovaand Corolla Altis will be increased by up to 1.50 per cent.

The company said the multi-purpose vehicle Innova will be costlier by Rs 7000 to Rs 11,000 from its current price of Rs 9.77 lakh to Rs 14.42 lakh.

Sedan Corolla Altis will be dearer by Rs 11,000 to Rs 24,000 from the existing price of Rs 11.74 lakh to Rs 15.89 lakh.

Mid-sized sedan Etios will see a hike ranging from Rs 4,000 to Rs 8,000 from its current price of Rs 5.45 lakh and Rs 8.15 lakh.

The company further said the compact car Etios Liva will cost Rs 4,500 to Rs 8,600 more from the present price of Rs 4.46 to Rs 6.59 lakh (all prices ex-showroom Delhi) with effect from September 21.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/22663696.cms
Old 18th September 2013, 07:42   #4109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
There was an advert in TOI yesterday. Elantra upto 80k off. But a lot varis dealer to dealer and city to city. Best would be to drop by at a dealership and negotiate hard. But yes there are discounts and you should be able to get a pretty good deal.
Wow, that is a sweet deal. Time to go to hyundai dealer and bring the bargaining skills into use
Old 18th September 2013, 11:21   #4110
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota to Increase Prices up to Rs. 24000

Toyota has announced increase in prices

Quote:
BANGALORE, SEPT. 17:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced an increase in the prices of its key models, effective from September 21
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle5138716.ece

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...651081002.html

The timing could further dampen the "T" sales in India in an already difficult environment.

Most Viewed