Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 06:43   #406
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Alto F8 - free music system worth 8K at ABT chennai
Alto K10 - 10K discount at ABT chennai and Cars India
A-Star AT - 30K discount at ABT chennai and Cars India

All valid until the end of this month

Last edited by rsramkee : 21st February 2011 at 06:43. Reason: All valid until the end of this month
Old 7th March 2011, 07:34   #407
BHPian

"Road tax & Service Charges" at VW Downtown BLR

Hi everyone. Posting here for the first time, though I have been a silent reader for quite some time.

I have been enamoured by the Vento since it was launched. Yesterday, finally, I went to Volkswagen Downtown, Bangalore to take a TD of the Diesel Vento. And boy, was I 'floored' by the car! To cut the long story short, I am planning to book the Vento TDI HL in the next few days!

The showroom experience was just about okay. However, I was a little suprised when I came back home and checked the on-road price breakup they gave me. They've listed insurance at 36k (from Reliance/Bajaj, which probably can be negotiated) and "Road Tax & Service Charges" at 1.5 lac. I am a little clueless about what service charges they are trying to extract out of me. The road tax should simply be around 1.25 lac for an ex-showroom price of Rs.9,31,709. What are they charging me 25k for? Are things different at VW Palace Cross?
Old 7th March 2011, 17:27   #408
BHPian

INDICA VISTA REFRESH models prices hiked

• All the models of Indica Vista Refresh have gone up by around 7k.
  • But a cash discount from TATA of 10k is on effect along with a exchange bonus of 25k (till feb 28th it was 15k)
  • Adding to all this is the cash discount from TAFE Coimbatore of 4k too (need to bargain on this part).
  • The first year free insurance stands withdrawn, all these are effective from Mar 1st 2011.
Old 7th March 2011, 23:46   #409
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quick correction to my earlier post. At 14%, the road tax comes to Rs. 1.3 lac. So VW Downtown seem to be charging 20k as 'service charge'!
Old 8th March 2011, 09:06   #410
BHPian

Top up the road tax with a 10% cess plus an unknown % of green tax and Admin (= bribe) expenses ~5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Quick correction to my earlier post. At 14%, the road tax comes to Rs. 1.3 lac. So VW Downtown seem to be charging 20k as 'service charge'!

Last edited by AirWind : 8th March 2011 at 09:19.
Old 8th March 2011, 10:56   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Add 10% cess to the road tax - so 14% is effectively 15.4% and tax on 930+K at this rate = 143K. Add 7k towards handling/registration charges, which I'm sure is specified separately on the invoice (true at least on the one given to me by VW Downtown), to take it to 150K. Damn you Karnataka!!
Old 8th March 2011, 18:49   #412
BHPian

Thanks, sith_lord! This seems to be making sense now. And yes, Damn you Karnataka!
Old 13th March 2011, 16:54   #413
BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am planning to buy a i10 Automatic.
What should be my expectations from the dealer regarding Cash Discount?
I have seen in this thread that a Cash Discount of Rs. 30,000/= is being offered on the A-Star Automatic.
Regards.
Ameeth
Old 14th March 2011, 09:42   #414
Senior - BHPian

Current offers on Fiesta.
Exchange bonus: 20K
Cash discount: 15 K (or accessories worth 21K)
Loyalty bonus: (don't remember, somewhere around 10K)
Free 22 inches LCD TV
Free insurance worth 25K
Free 3rd year warranty worth 5.5K
On-road price in Pune would be around 8 lacs

On another note, ET has reported that discounts in March are now better than December.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/7697159.cms

Last edited by S_U_N : 14th March 2011 at 09:47. Reason: Added link
Old 26th March 2011, 18:11   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameeth View Post
I am planning to buy a i10 Automatic.
What should be my expectations from the dealer regarding Cash Discount?
I have seen in this thread that a Cash Discount of Rs. 30,000/= is being offered on the A-Star Automatic.
Regards.
Ameeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
i10 Rs. 10000 cash discount
i20: Rs. 5000 free accessories
Jazz: Rs 36000 cash benefit + Re 1 insurance
Punto: Rs. 20-25000 cash discount
Having bought one i10, lazing about at dealers thinking of buying one more, booking the 2nd one etc. in a period of 6 months, I've found that the minimum discount you get from Hyunda will be minimum 20k. Generally Insurance + Corp. Discount / Exchange bonus + Ext. Wty. etc.
In addition, you can normally get about minimum 10k worth free accessories from the dealer.

Anyway, guys, I just found that you can find indicative discounts on Zigwheels; Zigwheels.com: Audi A4
Old 26th March 2011, 22:13   #416
BHPian

Chevrolet Spark: Discount increased

Chaverlot spark discount increased. today saw an ad in Kerala newspaper for the revised cost

PS --> 2.79
LS (With Front power windows) --> 2.99
LT (with both peower windows and 2 Din audio) --> 3.20

Now the LT comes with the on road price of 3.55 (Non metallic). Add another 5.5 to this to get a metallic color.

Compare this with the K10 vxi (3.38 on road after 15K discount), I think its a good deal. K10 vxi features are comparablee to the LS version

2 days back Deedi auomobiles were quoting a price of 3.91 as On road for LT version. However the new price doesnt inclure the 3 Yrs service guarantee (worth 14K) and freebies (remote lock & seat cover worth 8K).

Already the new 2011 spark is stripped off the below features
- body coloured door handles, rear view mirror, tail gate
- body coloured side moulding
- rear wiper
- rear parcel shelf
- 60: 40 seat
- coat hook
- seat back pocket..

I was looking at getting a K10 or a spark for wify and with the cost of 3.38 for K10 vxi and 3.34 for spark LS version, I think spark turns out to be a better deal.
will be visiting Chaverlot showroom today to book one in while for better half

Regards,
George V

Regards,
George V
Old 27th March 2011, 09:03   #417
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Spark: Discount increased

With the current discounts, spark has become more value for money. The build quality is better than alto too
Old 27th March 2011, 09:16   #418
Senior - BHPian

^^ not sure about the build quality. Have they improved it recently? Some time back when i checked it out at a showroom, its build quality reminded me of the santro LS that my dad used to have. Tinny is how i could describe it in one word.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:44   #419
Senior - BHPian

Without the 3Yr package the offer is not worthy and is cheapgimmick.
To liquidate stocks probably.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:53   #420
BHPian

In the time when all manufacturers are increasing their car prices, GM is doing other way around. Good customer centric move.

@Anitoj - There is no big built quality issue in Spark as you have mentioned, End of the day you get what you pay for and Spark is worth the money spent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks