Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 22:33   #4351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi Rockporiom,

Can you tell me the dealer who gave you such high discounts?
I am getting discounts no more than 20,000. (10K loyalty + 10K cash discount)
Tell the dealer that you will pull out of the booking if you arent getting satisfied with the deal. They will come your way. If you are rigid with your demand and wont fall for their usual tactics, they will slowly start throwing more offers. Their usual tactics will be 1. There will be a huge price rise saar - the truth is maruti wont survive if their pricing is increased heavily, even if they throw a truckload of features. As if all these days the swift wasnt selling. What will be offered in the facelift is like a bonus only. 2. New model no discount saar - truth is that this trend exists maybe initially. However discounts will start of in a month or two because of the massive slowdown in market. There is too much competition and maruti has too less of an advantage now to not have discounts and offers. Bringing a new model will just improve sales by a margin for a car like the swift which is already selling decently.

So be firm in your negotiation and be ready to get up from the chair and walk out. Only such aggressiveness can help cut good deals, apart from knowing the dealer well. Also visit some other dealers and get a quote from them. Usually dealers can give good discounts if they have old stock. If it is a fresh piece, I dont think discounts can be given. Only freebies can be thrown in.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 22:49   #4352
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Rockporiom,

Simple, cite this post to your dealer, with rockporiom's consent, if needed. And start talkin to the other dealers as well.

Maruti is very keen on maintaining a level playing ground for all dealers and out of the way offers result in penalties for the dealer, if traced and found. So he cannot disclose further details. But he's said enough for the benefit of the forum
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 23:11   #4353
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Hi Rockporiom,

Given the sales numbers and the market trend, you should be able to easily negotiate for another 20k benefits + accessories. Anything further would be dependent on how desperate that dealer is to meet his targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Maruti is very keen on maintaining a level playing ground for all dealers and out of the way offers result in penalties for the dealer, if traced and found. So he cannot disclose further details. But he's said enough for the benefit of the forum
BTW they might have already got enough margins from him when they sold him a Kizashi. So even if they give him a good offer to retain him as a loyal and happy Maruti customer, the dealer would have enough valid excuses to tell Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
FREE ACCESSORIES

7. Wooden interiors (7k)
8. A/c filter (100)
What is this wooden interiors worth 7k? I've seen wood finish sticker jobs from autographix but didn't know they gave a more premium option. Which parts come under the package and what choices do you get for the wood?

Last edited by zenren : 10th December 2013 at 23:17.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 23:17   #4354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
What is this wooden interiors worth 7k? I've seen wood finish sticker jobs from autographix but didn't know they gave a more premium option. Which parts come under the package and what choices do you get for the wood?
These are wooden finish panels that are made out of plastic and replace the standard panels.
See near climate control panel. BTW this is not my car and is a demo piece.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img_2013121058956.jpg

These panels come for all four door armrests, climate control panel, near center A/c vent, around gear knob.
I am not putting around center A/c vent because I think the silver looks better there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Simple, cite this post to your dealer, with rockporiom's consent, if needed. And start talkin to the other dealers as well.

No need of consent bro he should just hammer them and tell them that the whole market is low and he knows that so they better give him a good offer or there are many dealers around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Given the sales numbers and the market trend, you should be able to easily negotiate for another 20k benefits + accessories. Anything further would be dependent on how desperate that dealer is to meet his targets.

BTW they might have already got enough margins from him when they sold him a Kizashi. So even if they give him a good offer to retain him as a loyal and happy Maruti customer, the dealer would have enough valid excuses to tell Maruti.
I am sorry but this isn't the same dealer from whom I bought the kizashi. The discount isn't that big and he can get that much easily.

Last edited by rockporiom : 10th December 2013 at 23:30.
rockporiom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 10:41   #4355
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Is there anything on the W4? Discounts?

Looking at a 7 year ownership angle there should not be a problem with resale
I didnt check explicitly but what I understand is corporate discount and exchange bonus will be there. For cash discount, if it is there , it will be lesser than the 25K they are giving on W6.
Old 11th December 2013, 16:17   #4356
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Received this offer on X1 via email today:
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-x1_offer.png  

Old 11th December 2013, 17:06   #4357
BHPian

Anybody aware of any good discounts going on honda amaze and outgoing jetta ?
Old 11th December 2013, 17:07   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Anyone aware of any good deals being offered on the Volvo XC60?
You could ping mohit. He had checked out the XC60 and V40 when he was shopping for his new car.
Old 11th December 2013, 17:23   #4359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Anybody aware of any good discounts going on honda amaze and outgoing jetta ?
I think it will be difficult to find outgoing Jetta in stock as dealers have already received new Jetta stock. Last month I went to check out the new Jetta and that time SA said that he has sold all old models. Apparently, the last one was being delivered the same day I went to TD the new one.

However, discounts on old models were being offered in the range of 1 to 1.5L in cash and kind. Not worth it, if you ask me.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:01   #4360
BHPian

Have someone checked the ongoing Google's Great Online Shopping Festival 2013 website? There are many mouthwatering discounts from Nissan, Maruti and Tata Motors etc.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:03   #4361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post

You could ping mohit. He had checked out the XC60 and V40 when he was shopping for his new car.
I saw the v40 and s60 and not the XC60. So no idea about that. From what I understood was that volvo doesn't offer that huge discounts since they import the cars as CBU. Hence the cars are ordered only after confirmed bookings and even then in limited numbers. For instance the V40 had a waiting period of 3 months when I enquired. The older s60 had discounts since the model had undergone a refresh.
Old 11th December 2013, 23:02   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque
Have someone checked the ongoing Google's Great Online Shopping Festival 2013 website? There are many mouthwatering discounts from Nissan, Maruti and Tata Motors etc.
Some of the deals from Nissan as part of their Year End Offers, and as part of GOSF 2013
1. 75k off on the Nissan Sunny
2. 560k off on the Nissan Teana ( brings the car in the Jetta/Octavia price range)
3. 230k off on the Nissan Evalia (suddenly this vehicle starts making sense inspite of that ugly shape)

You can book Nissan cars online via their website now (links to cardekho).
mohandasnikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 00:47   #4363
BHPian

An update on the Skoda Rapid:
The Buy now pay in 2015 is not offered for MY2014 models by most of the dealers, however some dealers in Tamilnadu are offering free insurance. On further negotiations you may be able to extract some discount on extended warranty.

Also my SA revealed to me that Skoda is now hard on the dealers. It seems to apply cash penalties on dealers for customer complaints that get escalated. It was hard to believe him but that's what he had to say.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:42   #4364
BHPian

Looking to buy Punto 90hp and trading in Swift VXi

Hi Guys,
An offer is running in the papers by Fiat, claiming 1 lac discount exchange your old car for a fiat. so its your car's exchange value + 1 lac.
Having driven a punto 90hp, i am quite impressed by the suspension and the build. So thinking if its a wise decision to exchange my petrol swift for a 90hp diesel punto.

I have a Swift VXi 2008 (the old 1.3) driven 63200 kms with decent condition and running perfectly.
Had a new set of tyres put on a 52k kms, had the whole clutch assembly changed at 61k as the clutch had become bit hard and dint want to take any chances.
My daily office travel is about 30 kms with not so frequent weekend trips of say 80-100 kms.
Is it a sensible decision to go for a diesel with my usage?

I visited balaji motors showroom in thane and got my car evaluated.
They quoted 2.1 lacs (which is think is quitelow for a swift)

Now the new 90hp costs 8.95 lacs on-road with mumbai registration, insurance etc

So going by the 2.1 value + 1lac discount, the figure comes out to be :
8.95 - 2.1 -1 = 5.85 lacs.

I think i can get a better deal than this considering the year end and bargaining power with Fiat in general, Could anyone advise on this?

P.S : I have absolutely no problem with my swift, i love it, its just the offer that tempts me to look for a Punto which i am a fan of.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:47   #4365
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is planning to buy a special edition Sunny in Chennai. He has been offered 75K discount (for Diesel). From the below post, seems it's offered and NOT earned by my friend, though he said he got that after bargaining. Does he stand a chance to get a better deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Some of the deals from Nissan as part of their Year End Offers, and as part of GOSF 2013
1. 75k off on the Nissan Sunny
2. 560k off on the Nissan Teana ( brings the car in the Jetta/Octavia price range)
3. 230k off on the Nissan Evalia (suddenly this vehicle starts making sense inspite of that ugly shape)..
Are those typos in items 2 & 3 ? With the way you mentioned, it reads as 5.6L off on the Teana & 2.3L for the Evalia.

Most Viewed