Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2013, 21:05   #4411
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Just got delivery of my Innova Gx Silky Gold 7 seater. Ex showroom - 12,34,000
Discount - 25k Cash + 20k accessories
Insurance - ~45k Toyota Protect
RC - 69,600
Hey thanks V12Doc for sharing this & congratulations to you on getting the delivery of your Innova. Cash discounts & free accessories from Toyota & that too on the Innova is quite unheard of. This shows how desparate are car companies to make sales even on fast moving products like Innova.

If you don't mind, could you please share with us the final on road price you had to pay?
Old 29th December 2013, 22:16   #4412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
discounts & free accessories from Toyota & that too on the Innova is quite unheard of.
You could always get cash discount on the Innova, I got 20,000 back in 2010 after some haggling.

Right now in Mumbai you can get minimum 32,000 cash discount and additional accessories without putting any effort.

P.S. I had paid 10,96,000 for Gx 8 seater although it doesn't have abs and airbag.

Last edited by dean5545 : 29th December 2013 at 22:19.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 07:21   #4413
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Just got delivery of my Innova Gx Silky Gold 7 seater. Ex showroom - 12,34,000
Discount - 25k Cash + 20k accessories
Insurance - ~45k Toyota Protect
RC - 69,600
Congratulations on your new purchase of a Toyota Innova. It is a great vehicle. Do share final on road price. Also, do post your thoughts on why you chose a Gx over a Vx, other than just the price differential.
Does the Gx these days come with a central touch screen or is it an add-on accessory? Silky Gold looks very nice on the new Toyota Innova.
Old 30th December 2013, 09:51   #4414
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend booked a BMW 320d baseline with Xenons in Delhi and got a discount of 3.4L in total including 60k Doctor discount.
Old 30th December 2013, 10:55   #4415
Distinguished - BHPian

Whats the current discount on the 520 facelift as well as prefacelift?

The pre-facelift 525d makes better sense than the facelift 520d in my opinion as it yet has the rear screens. I believe this feature has been omitted in the facelift 525d
Old 30th December 2013, 11:00   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Whats the current discount on the 520 facelift as well as prefacelift?

The pre-facelift 525d makes better sense than the facelift 520d in my opinion as it yet has the rear screens. I believe this feature has been omitted in the facelift 525d
In Pune pre-facelift 520 is available for 43L OTR. And there is a scope for further negotiations (1-2L further less). The problem is that there was only one left till last week. I don't know which color. You can call the Pune dealer and confirm. Let me know if you want me to connect to the SE.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:18   #4417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
In Pune pre-facelift 520 is available for 43L OTR. And there is a scope for further negotiations (1-2L further less). The problem is that there was only one left till last week. I don't know which color. You can call the Pune dealer and confirm. Let me know if you want me to connect to the SE.
It's a blue. I have been in touch with the Pune dealer but his pricing is not competitive compared to the Mumbai ones. However do send me the conact for the SE. Thanks !
Old 30th December 2013, 19:29   #4418
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quick check from the experts please! City: Chennai Car:Hyundai I 20 Asta, ABS, Airbags, Petrol 1.2. On Road price: 7.43 L. Deal: 30k Corporate, Loyalty / Special Discount + 25k as an exchange bonus + a fair and reasonable valuation for the old car which is a 7.9 year old Tata Indica DLG Turbo V2 which has just crossed 51k kms, driven very carefully by my dad.

Is this deal good for the I20?

It is worth mentioning here that the Indica has a first class music system in it and has completely reupholstered, bolstered, heightened seats. It also has a lovely set of aftermarket alloys and a perfect set of very carefully used Apollo Accelere tyres. The deal offered for this old vehicle is 1.85L.

Is this a good deal for the Indica? Around 3-4 months ago, there was an offer for 2 to 2.25 L for that Indica!

We are expecting a new I20 from the factory. This will most probably be an MY 13 (Nov/ Dec) car or at best, and if we are lucky, a Jan 14 car.

The purchase can only be made after Jan 15th on account of good days etc.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th December 2013 at 19:34.
Old 30th December 2013, 20:44   #4419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
...It is worth mentioning here that the Indica has a first class music system in it and has completely reupholstered, bolstered, heightened seats. It also has a lovely set of aftermarket alloys and a perfect set of very carefully used Apollo Accelere tyres. The deal offered for this old vehicle is 1.85L...
Did you try checking what's the aftermarket rate for the Indica now? I suggest you strip off the music system and alloy wheels and sell it for another 20-30K rather than giving the dealer. Usually dealers adds 0 value to the accessories, however top notch those are.
Old 30th December 2013, 21:54   #4420
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you try checking what's the aftermarket rate for the Indica now? I suggest you strip off the music system and alloy wheels and sell it for another 20-30K rather than giving the dealer. Usually dealers adds 0 value to the accessories, however top notch those are.
Hi.
We are going on a package deal with the Hyundai dealership boys. The buyer of this Indica car will be a lucky chap, thats for sure.
The carwale valuation for an Indica of this vintage and description is 1.35 at best...add another 50k and thats the price we are getting.
Seems reasonable don't you think? Especially when we are hanging on to it for another 18 days and only then giving it to them.
I guess if we stick an ad in the internet we can shift it for a higher price but stripping it down and selling it will be too cumbersome and time-consuming.

What do you think of the 70 grand off that the Hyundai boys are giving us? Is that a good deal or not?
I have not owned a Hyundai since the year 2001 so am a bit rusty, even though I do know that their cars sell frighteningly fast off the shelves in general. I also am given to understand that they are not super generous on the discounting, unlike other brands.

Just seeking an opinion on this deal.
Thanks.
Old 31st December 2013, 04:13   #4421
BHPian

Am being offered a 2012 mfd Nissan teana xl for 18.5lacs on road delhi with a scope of further negotiations. What do u guys think about this deal and I have another query - does the xl variant have a single sunroof ?
Old 31st December 2013, 08:13   #4422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
Am being offered a 2012 mfd Nissan teana xl for 18.5lacs on road delhi with a scope of further negotiations. What do u guys think about this deal and I have another query - does the xl variant have a single sunroof ?
That's a massive discount for sure. In bangalore, this model retails for 27+ lacs, though no one buys it.
You need to verify whether it was a test car or demo car, or just lying in their yard for a year. In anycase, the deal seems good for that price.
XL model doesn't come with sunroof, XV does (as far as I know).
Teana is a depreciation disaster, therefore you can invest only if you plan to keep this for long period.
Passat is also a good contender in that class.
Old 31st December 2013, 08:28   #4423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
That's a massive discount for sure. In bangalore, this model retails for 27+ lacs, though no one buys it. You need to verify whether it was a test car or demo car, or just lying in their yard for a year. In anycase, the deal seems good for that price. XL model doesn't come with sunroof, XV does (as far as I know). Teana is a depreciation disaster, therefore you can invest only if you plan to keep this for long period. Passat is also a good contender in that class.
Good discount. Prefer the Passat though. Gives you an option of diesel also. Passat I heard is now out of production. Not sure if there are any stocks left. Also doubt if you could get one at 18 lakhs. One of my friends was offered a Passat at around 24 lakhs OTR and it was again a 2012 model.
Old 31st December 2013, 09:51   #4424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...carwale valuation for an Indica of this vintage and description is 1.35 at best...add another 50k and thats the price we are getting...
This way the price of the Indica does look good.

Quote:
....even though I do know that their cars sell frighteningly fast off the shelves in general. I also am given to understand that they are not super generous on the discounting, unlike other brands..
Save for the Grand i10, all Hyundai models currently have discounts. A month back, i20 CRDi was offered a flat 40K cash discount from what I recollect. If this is the discount you managed to get without pitching, then there is definitely better scope, especially this being the year end. I would NOT be able to put a number to it though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st December 2013 at 09:55.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:29   #4425
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi.
We are going on a package deal with the Hyundai dealership boys. The buyer of this Indica car will be a lucky chap, thats for sure.
The carwale valuation for an Indica of this vintage and description is 1.35 at best...add another 50k and thats the price we are getting.
Seems reasonable don't you think? Especially when we are hanging on to it for another 18 days and only then giving it to them.
I guess if we stick an ad in the internet we can shift it for a higher price but stripping it down and selling it will be too cumbersome and time-consuming.
Hi shankar.balan,

I believe you are getting a reasonable and fair price for your dad's Indica V2 DLG turbo (also intercooled, I presume). The actual price you are being offered for your car is Rs. 2.1 lacs (1.85 lacs + 25k exchange bonus). You'll receive the exchange bonus as a separate cheque after the deal has been completed (at least that's how we got ours when we traded in our earlier 800). Coming from a dealer, this is worth grabbing. I don't think you can get a better price than this from a dealer. An individual buyer who values the music system, alloys and upholstery may be able to offer you a somewhat higher price, though.

Quote:
What do you think of the 70 grand off that the Hyundai boys are giving us? Is that a good deal or not?
70 grand? Since 30k and 25k add up to 55 grand, I guess you're getting 15k as the special/loyalty discount.

It's better to view the exchange bonus as a part of the price for the car you are trading in.

So the deal on the i20 Asta 1.2 would be 45 grand (30k + 15k). This sounds good in isolation, but since this is December you can push for more, unless you insist on a MY2014 car and make the payment later. You can also tell the dealership guys that the next generation i20 (whatever it's going to be called) would probably be unveiled (but not launched) in February at the Auto Expo and use it as a bargaining tactic.

I believe these cash discounts are kind of fixed by the manufacturer and would be the same across dealers as they don't have much of a say in this. However, the dealer guys can give freebies and special discounts/offers on insurance and accessories.

Quote:
Just seeking an opinion on this deal.
In short, I think the price offered for the Indica is fair and reasonable (considering the exchange bonus as a component).

There is definitely room to ask them to offer a bit more for the i20. If not in the form of discounts, you can ask them for free mudflaps, mats, even things like seat covers etc.

Last edited by RSR : 31st December 2013 at 15:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks