Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 13:59   #4576
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
There was a Jetta on display in our office campus this week from a VW dealer. I asked them about the offers to which they said that insurance is free and there would be a few other freebies thrown in.
Nice! Almost makes me feel bad about the timing of my purchase, but no matter. What's a lakh extra here and there
Old 7th March 2014, 14:01   #4577
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am planning to buy Honda Brio in a week or so.
Anybody having any idea of the running offers in North India?
Old 7th March 2014, 14:02   #4578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Nice! Almost makes me feel bad about the timing of my purchase, but no matter. What's a lakh extra here and there
Ha ha that is kind of a sub 5% of the total considering that you own the Higlhline AT. I wanted to check out and probably TD an AT but alas they had an MT on display.
Old 7th March 2014, 14:05   #4579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha that is kind of a sub 5% of the total considering that you own the Higlhline AT. I wanted to check out and probably TD an AT but alas they had an MT on display.
Yup. In the grand scheme of things I'm fine with it really. Some really interesting offers coming out right about now though, everyone is feeling the pinch in the auto industry. Look around, surely someone has an AT available to Test Drive.
Old 7th March 2014, 14:05   #4580
BHPian

Purchased a January 2014 assembled Mercedes Benz C200 Avantgarde last week. Had checked out BMW and Audi as well. For the benefits of members here, the discounts on offer in the NCR are as under:

Mercedes Benz- T&T Motors, Mathura Road
C200- INR 3 lacs + you can negotiate up to 20k on the insurance
C220- didnt find out since the difference in price in Delhi is almost INR 7 lacs now

No discounts on the A & B but there are some attractive bullet payment finance schemes.

Audi- Mathura Road showroom and Audi Noida
A4- Almost INR 3.75 lacs + further negotiations possible- Premium model
Q3- INR 3 lacs

BMW- Showroom on Mathura Road
320d- What i had checked was the 2013 based model with xenons. I was offered an initial discount of INR 2.75 lacs + INR 1.25 lacs to be built into the finance scheme. They were running a scheme for professionals and offered a further INR 2 lac off. i was offered a total discount of INR 6 lacs with scope for further negotiations. Why we didnt buy the BMW would be covered in my ownership review of the C200!

Volvo- Kashyap Auto, Okhla
S60- Initially the sale person refused to offer any discounts. However when the General Manager stepped into the picture, he offered the 2014 S60 D4 base for INR 34 lacs on road and the top of the line for INR 36 lacs.

Trust the above is helpful!

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 14:06   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
There are Skoda ads all over the newspapers of their Ultimate variant. Could not figure out if it is based on the Ambition/Elegance variant. It is a good deal anyways.
It is based on both Ambition and Elegance variants, They throw in the accessories (GPS, Parking sensors, camera and leather seat covers) for a price. The insurance is free though. But the tricky part is that the extra price for the accessories gets added to the Ex-Showroom price which in turn causes the OTR to increase a bit. Check all the intrinsic details of the deal thoroughly before signing the dotted line.
I am not aware of the EMI scheme mentioned in that though.
Old 7th March 2014, 14:16   #4582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I am planning to buy Honda Brio in a week or so.
Anybody having any idea of the running offers in North India?
I heard some Honda ads on the radio yesterday when driving to work, which said Brio starting at 3.99 L. The general discount scheme on a Brio is insurance comes free. You would need to bargain for other freebies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Yup. In the grand scheme of things I'm fine with it really. Some really interesting offers coming out right about now though, everyone is feeling the pinch in the auto industry. Look around, surely someone has an AT available to Test Drive.
The local Noida dealer for VW is one of the worst car dealers I have ever come across. I was recently in the market for a hatch for my wife and hence went to check out a Red Polo . The attitude of the dealer made me run away in about 15 minutes. I generally do not like taking rubbish from people selling stuff. The sales guy tried to tell me that ABS was something that I absolutely did not need. Some dealer in Delhi will definitely have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
It is based on both Ambition and Elegance variants, They throw in the accessories (GPS, Parking sensors, camera and leather seat covers) for a price. The insurance is free though. But the tricky part is that the extra price for the accessories gets added to the Ex-Showroom price which in turn causes the OTR to increase a bit. Check all the intrinsic details of the deal thoroughly before signing the dotted line.
I am not aware of the EMI scheme mentioned in that though.
I know. My father in law picked up a Rapid about 3 months back. I went car shopping with him. Skoda were then offering something called a Leisure variant, which was based on the Ambition trim. You are absolutely correct because they add the accessory price to the ex-showroom and then calculate OTR on it. A couple of hours of really hard bargaining and I walked out with a pretty decent deal. Also, the car was bought in Kolkata and since there is only 1 dealer for West Bengal, they kind of have a pricing monopoly there. The deals available in NCR/Mumbai would definitely be better.
Old 7th March 2014, 14:47   #4583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Went to the Audi dealer to check yesterday.

The "Spring collection" A4 is the old 143 bhp version which is severely stripped down (no folding mirrors, DRLs, Sunroof, etc.)

This is more akin to the Corporate edition that BMW had launched earlier and the sales rep was saying our target is taxi fleets and company operators not end users.

No discounts on this one, though he did offer some juicy deals on the A4 Premium.
Thanks a lot for the update! The offer sounded too tempting to be true!

I wouldn't even bother checking then (if it is the 143 BHP one which is so stripped down!)
Old 7th March 2014, 15:19   #4584
BHPian

Current Gen Corolla

What is the price/discount that I can squeeze out of a new current-gen Corolla, since the new one is just around the corner? Anyone have any special discounts offered to them?

PS- I'm looking for the Petrol G variant with A/T
Old 7th March 2014, 15:47   #4585
BHPian

Checked out the XUV 5OO in Bangalore couple of days back.
The sales rep offered the W6 model for 14,60,000 on-road. (10k cash discount + 6k corp discount + 6k discount on B2B comprehensive Insurance). He said that M&M has reduced the cash discount to 10k for the W6 and 15k for W8 from March. Not sure if this is true or not.

Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

-Cheers, GB
Old 7th March 2014, 19:13   #4586
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi can anyone tell me the current ex showroom price of the Vento highline diesel and the discounts that I can expect on it? A friend is confused between this and the Honda city. Also has VW finally added airbags and ABS to the comfortline or is highline still the only model to be considered which is fairly loaded?
Old 8th March 2014, 13:07   #4587
BHPian

Was checking out the Fiat Linea TJet petrol, was told at the Fiat caffe at IRR that pre facelift models are still available of 2014 make and they are offering a cash discount of INR 30K + free insurance which should amount to another INR25K. Anybody has more info on whether they can cede more ground if pressed?
Old 8th March 2014, 14:37   #4588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Was checking out the Fiat Linea TJet petrol, was told at the Fiat caffe at IRR that pre facelift models are still available of 2014 make and they are offering a cash discount of INR 30K + free insurance which should amount to another INR25K. Anybody has more info on whether they can cede more ground if pressed?
They have to! So technically, pre-facelift is an OLD car now and should come with more discounts. I would easily expect a 1L discount which was a norm during the last year.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:05   #4589
Senior - BHPian

Look for a six figure discount and no I am not joking. A bunch of us who bought the Tjets in 2012 when the production run was stopped got up to 1.5L in cash discount besides free insurance and extended warranties etc. In that case the calendar year had turned, so I have discounted 50K as the cars you are looking at are from the current year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 15:55   #4590
BHPian

Hey guys am looking at buying a new GT Tdi.

2013 VIN number December manufactured
Total on road: 10 Lakhs
Discount: 80k
On road price: 9.24 Lakhs
Colour: SA is telling me that there is only RED colour available and it is the last car in stock for 2013 model

Ex-showroom is: 8.08 lakhs
Discounted price: 7.63 lakhs
His discount is only 40k with respect to ex-showroom rest of the price comes down because of tax.

Do you find this a good deal? Shall I ask for more? He is keen on pushing the red colour and says it is the last car in stock. I feel am not getting a good deal because he's reduced the ex-showroom price by 40k and given me the final price also I dont have colour choice only red, which wont have good resale value.

Prices are with respect to Bangalore only

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 9th March 2014 at 15:58. Reason: Given city name for reference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks