Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 18:01   #4606
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
oh I see now I understand the reason . wonder why they are closing down , moti nagar has all the brands right from maruti to bmw , mercedes and even volvo(just opened last month) anyway thanks for the info. Any idea about the kind of discount that can be negotiated for?
No idea whatsoever. But, VW North did offer comprehensive discount to me when I was looking to buy Vento. Suggest contacting North and the 3 South dealers as well. With a service period of 1 year, it really does not matter where you buy it from.
Old 11th March 2014, 19:40   #4607
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The tax charged whether on full value or on discounted value is deposited in the treasury and a receipt is issued for the said amount. Dealer does not get anything from that amount so there is no one taking anyone for a ride.

As for the value to be considered for tax, you would do well to check with the RTO.
Well what a dealer generally does is he takes the complete payment for a vehicle (ex-showroom price {discounted/non-discounted} + RTO + Insurance)
when they take the RTO fees - they tend to over charge. For eg. RTO is 7% here in MP. so when someone buys a car worth 1 lac, his tax liability is about Rs. 7000.
Insurance is roughly about 2.5-3% which spells roughly 2500-3000. So net a customer is "Supposed" to be charged Rs. 1,10,000/- . what these smart alecs do is that they charge the customer 1,12,000/- or something like that in the name of RTO and insurance.

I checked with the RTO people - and have already experienced this. RTO tax is charged on the invoiced value only
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 20:00   #4608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Any idea about the kind of discount that can be negotiated for?
Look back a few pages (just search for 'Jetta' on each of the pages), someone (I think it was baddychat) and I did have a quick chat about discounts on the Jetta.

Free insurance plus some discounts were being offered. Try to get the handling charges waived off too, if you're firm on it you should get that too. Also, if I were you, I'd convert that regular policy to a zero dep one by paying the differential.
Old 12th March 2014, 00:52   #4609
BHPian

Re: Current Gen Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
What is the price/discount that I can squeeze out of a new current-gen Corolla, since the new one is just around the corner? Anyone have any special discounts offered to them?

PS- I'm looking for the Petrol G variant with A/T
Any info here guys? I would be interested too if final prices arent much of a stretch from the 2014 City CVT.

Thanks!
Old 12th March 2014, 17:12   #4610
BHPian

^ Got a Mumbai onroad quote of Rs. 18.3L before any discounts for a 2014 MY Altis (previous gen) G HV AT. Any ideas on how low they will go as they asked me to meet in person to work out "good discounts"?

(Requesting mods to merge with prior post)

Last edited by deepakv : 12th March 2014 at 17:35. Reason: Merge request
Old 13th March 2014, 21:39   #4611
BHPian

Got a quote of 11.07 OTR, for the Vento Highline 2014 model. The sales guys pitched in hard for the 2013 comfortline model, and the offer was mouth watering! 9.78 OTR + 65 K worth accessories. But the lack of ABS & Air Bags is a real deal breaker. 2013 models of Highline are not in stock. I wonder how they offer such massive discounts on mid variants! That said, the deal for the Highline does not look bad at all. Thanks to i-dtec!
Old 13th March 2014, 22:04   #4612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
In market for a hatchback, the celerio auto has a waiting period of 5 months as per the staff at Sagar automobiles @ bannerghatta road.
Is it that much?
I have a contact at Garuda and he may be able to source it a little quicker, don't know the actual timeframes though, let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with him.
Old 13th March 2014, 22:15   #4613
Senior - BHPian

This is the quote I got for XUV W8 FWD from SKS Automobiles from Salem .

Ex-Showroom - Rs.1355559
Insurance - 45580
Regn & Handling charges - 9100
Life Tax - 205334 ( To be paid myself at RTO office during registration )

Rs. 15000 worth of accessories free.
Old 13th March 2014, 23:08   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have a contact at Garuda and he may be able to source it a little quicker, don't know the actual timeframes though, let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with him.
Thanks a lot for your offer, I really appreciate that but I needed the car delivery by this month end. I know it's too much to ask for
But it was a last moment decision for year end closure benefit.
Old 14th March 2014, 09:20   #4615
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning for Nissan Sunny.
Did someone ever came with any mouth watering discounts?
Old 14th March 2014, 09:30   #4616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Planning for Nissan Sunny.
Did someone ever came with any mouth watering discounts?
In Nov - Dec 2013, there was a 75K discount on the diesel version. NOT sure whether it still holds good.
Old 14th March 2014, 11:30   #4617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
In Nov - Dec 2013, there was a 75K discount on the diesel version. NOT sure whether it still holds good.
Current discount is 20k + free insurance (total 50k approx)
Other than this, is there any additional discount for 2013 models?
Old 14th March 2014, 16:38   #4618
BANNED

I was just on the phone with VW world class.
They quoted me 9.7 lakh for the white GT TDI polo.
Is that alright ?
I'll go for a test drive later today ,help me in negotiating better .
Old 14th March 2014, 16:45   #4619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
I was just on the phone with VW world class.
They quoted me 9.7 lakh for the white GT TDI polo.
Is that alright ?
I'll go for a test drive later today ,help me in negotiating better .
As per Autocarindia information, the GT TDI costs 9.35 on-road Delhi. Here's the link:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-374216.aspx/4

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 14th March 2014 at 16:47.
Old 14th March 2014, 16:48   #4620
BANNED

I'm sorry. I meant 9.27.

All I want to know is ,if there is a scope of discount or not.

Thanks for your help !

Most Viewed