Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 17:48   #451
BHPian

Re: Is HONDA feel the heat from New Fiesta / ANHV / SX4 Disel / Vento etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
After March sales Honda lost its last leadership title, which belonged to CITY.
C/C+ segment is certailnly getting attractive. All other has diesel variant as well. I think along with VWV, ANHV, NFF and SX4; If linea 1.6 MJD comes it will certainly kick honda at bottom of C segment.
Yes, linea 1.6 MJD is around the corner(Read somewhere in the forum).

The only point is that HONDA don't have any diesel. Price is higher then the same segment product.

Hope this sales figure bound HONDA to bring in the diesel options.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:57   #452
Senior - BHPian

Such offers are there for past six months and are not new. And this is the dealer specific offer. Ring road Honda (NCR) is providing 50 % free insurance ever since I started inquiring for my car last year. There may be a couple of throw away freebies. So there is nothing new as mentioned in that Ad. If you wish I can provide you links to similar advertisement as old as one year (appeared in Delhi times).

PS - @ Mods, This will turn out to be another Honda bashing thread, Kindly look into this.

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th April 2011 at 18:07.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:58   #453
Senior - BHPian

First of all title should read " is Honda feeling ...." not " is Hond feel...".

And yes, Honda is indeed feeling the heat. Civic and City were only two good selling cars in its arsenal. But Civic seems to have run out of steam. Don't see those many new Civics on road as I once used to. And City has also come under lot of pressure from Vento. And new Verna and Fiesta will only add to Honda's woes.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:58   #454
BHPian

Honda has plans to come up with diesel engines. I am not sure when they are going to release. They ensure what they do, it meets perfection. Most of the time they stress on eco friendly and economical cars. The statistics show confident results. Honda has survived for many years. I believe they have a very different business strategy.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 18th April 2011 at 18:04.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:00   #455
dot
Senior - BHPian

In any business, Q to Q flat sales means declining long term growth. Any company which is happy with flat sales is aiming for disaster. One cannot afford to be complacent, however good your products are.

Honda needs to get their pricing levels corrected and offer decent freebies. Competition and consumers are not sitting quietly. Brand loyalty is fickle in India. I hope the Jazz has given them adequate lessons.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:03   #456
Senior - BHPian

There is onle one basic problem with Honda cars: They are too overpriced now and terribly under equipped.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:06   #457
BHPian

I guess, these days, every manufacturer needs an upgrade in every segment at least every 3 years.
Just looking at the pictures @KALINGA, the CAR of the year tags were from 2009 and thats based on 2008-09 performance.
No new city/civic/Jazz planned at least not before 2012, which is almost 4 years after the cars were first launched.
The Brio would be the first of their Next Gen cars, but by the time the newer City/Civics come, they would have lost all their market share.

Hurry up Honda
Old 18th April 2011, 18:36   #458
BHPian

They need diesel engine for all its car. From CRV to JAZZ.
All Honda models immediately need price correction.

What i read on forum (i don't have Honda car) City and Civic have serious under body scrapping problem, When the car is loaded with 3 adult and some luggage on boot. Even my friend (Auto ANHC 2011) have same issue.

This issue should be resolve by HONDA ASAP.

Last edited by KALINGA : 18th April 2011 at 18:41.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:47   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
What i read on forum (i don't have Honda car) City and Civic have serious under body scrapping problem, When the car is loaded with 3 adult and some luggage on boot. Even my friend (Auto ANHC 2011) have same issue.
All Hondas in India have GC issues, excluding the CRV. But Honda, though it makes good and reliable cars worldwide, has adopted an arrogant attitude in India, taking advantage of the brand value it enjoys.

Back in 2007, not only were their City models priced much more than competitors, but also lacked features like ABS and Airbags even in the top model. It was only after their sales started dropping on the NHC, did they come up with the ANHC which provided those features finally.

Competition offered by new releases will certainly make Honda India wake up to reality.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:53   #460
Senior - BHPian

Honda must be wondering what to do in India? They have a new gen Civic launching in India in a couple of months but no diesel ! The New Civic cant make the impact that the current one made back in the day because it has loads of diesel competition plus vastly improved petrols to tackle. The Segment leader too is a Diesel now (Chevy Cruze).
Old 18th April 2011, 20:02   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Honda has plans to come up with diesel engines. I am not sure when they are going to release. They ensure what they do, it meets perfection. Most of the time they stress on eco friendly and economical cars. The statistics show confident results. Honda has survived for many years. I believe they have a very different business strategy.
1) Its more than one year that spyshots of diesel CRV were posted on TBHP. But, diesel CRV is still not available.

2) There is only one diesel engine currently with Honda, its a 2.2 ltr unit. Thats it. Honda is not having small diesels like Ford, Fiat or Hyundai which are currently the leaders even in international markets. As far as small diesels go, VW is also behind the above three. For higher displacement, VW has an edge.

3) Honda had earlier openly admitted that their lack of focus on turbocharning petrol units is a disadvantage when VW, BMW were up and running with small turbo charged units.

Later on, Ford and Hyundai have joined the race. The Japs are overall behind when it comes to turbocharged small petrols.

So, overall Japs have two things to do :
Catch up with turbo-GDI
Have good diesels.

Nissan has support from Renault, Suzuki is till now souring from Fiat and PSA, now its with VW. Toyota has somewhat their own tech and have Isuzu with them.

Who is left behind ? Honda and Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi recently came up with world's first VVT equipped diesels. Honda has added disadvantage.

So, their overconfidence on petrol tech is costing them much, specially in India.
For India, their line up is :
Overpriced
Lack of features ( relative to competition )
Relatively higher cost of spares ( Look at how ford has worked on the same, specially for Figo )
Wrong positioning ( Jazz, City and even Civic ) which is now creating a sort of negative image for Honda.

Best for Honda is to have more realistic pricing for City and Civic if they are not able to bring in diesels. Focus on development of diesels much more. And lastly, bring in the CRV and Accord diesels as soon as possible. With their currnet strategy, they will face more difficulties. Look at what Toyota did with Etios.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:48   #462
BHPian

re: Is Honda feeling the heat from New Fiesta / ANHV / SX4 Diesel / Vento etc ?

I think so. Sure it is feeling the heat.

I recently bought ANHC, and got very good deal. It was impossible to imagine such a deal if there was no Vento, and (maybe) Linea present in the market.
Now, there could be many reasons why I got a good deal including March-end, competition, my nego skill, and so on.

Here is the thread where I have the details -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...jet-civic.html
Old 18th April 2011, 21:48   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It was only after their sales started dropping on the NHC, did they come up with the ANHC which provided those features finally.

Competition offered by new releases will certainly make Honda India wake up to reality.
I dont think they brought ANHC because their sales dropped ! Honda refreshes their product every 5 years and they brought in the AHNC after the same period. They might have added those features because of competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

So, their overconfidence on petrol tech is costing them much, specially in India.
For India, their line up is :
Overpriced
Lack of features ( relative to competition )
Relatively higher cost of spares ( Look at how ford has worked on the same, specially for Figo )
Wrong positioning ( Jazz, City and even Civic ) which is now creating a sort of negative image for Honda.

Best for Honda is to have more realistic pricing for City and Civic if they are not able to bring in diesels.
+1. They need to understand the need of a Diesel to gain the market share in India. If they really dont want to bother about Diesel engines, start pricing the cars realistically! People dont accept premiums for no reasons now a days. The market has gone a long way than Honda thinks! Either get your cars all bells & whistles and have some class first features and price it sensibly or be happy being at the bottom of the sales charts!
Old 18th April 2011, 23:08   #464
Senior - BHPian

I have received an SMS from Crystal Honda a few days ago. This was from the same sales guy whom I had been chasing for Jazz test drive. After repeated calls, the test drive did not materialize.
Old 18th April 2011, 23:32   #465
Senior - BHPian

Honda's concrete nonchalant attitude takes a beating with every passing month. Snob value and reliability factor apart, it's the VFM pricing that takes the cake and Honda seems to have missed that big time. In a way, I'm glad Honda's come to see this day. Unless they bring their diesel here and price their cars more sensibly, Honda's future looks bleak.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks