Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2014, 15:01   #4696
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Does anybody know of deals on Grand i-10?
Old 24th May 2014, 17:40   #4697
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
Does anybody know of deals on Grand i-10?
What kind of a deal are you getting? I got about 13.5k off and free seat covers a month back.

Last edited by promit : 24th May 2014 at 17:41.
Old 24th May 2014, 22:40   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
What kind of a deal are you getting? I got about 13.5k off and free seat covers a month back.
They said NO discounts.
Old 24th May 2014, 22:50   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
They said NO discounts.
I was told the same. No offers no discounts on the Grand i10.Finalise on a colour and model and haggle. That's what I did
Old 24th May 2014, 23:00   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I was told the same. No offers no discounts on the Grand i10.Finalise on a colour and model and haggle. That's what I did
Thanks for the heads up. I am planning to book tomorrow.
Old 26th May 2014, 17:16   #4701
BHPian

I wonder why there is so much discrepancy between different dealers. Case in point - I am in the market for a new Ford Figo Diesel TDCI Titanium. I spoke with two dealers, and this is what they each came up with:

Car OTR Price (best possible deal each dealer would give me):
Dealer 1 - 7,02,000
Dealer 2 - 7,06,000

Accessories:
All accessories included with both dealers, including reverse parking sensor.

Comprehensive insurance from both dealers, but does does not include Depreciation Coverage.

Depreciation Coverage Cost (if I want it):
Dealer 1 - said it cost 5,000 but that he will give it to me for a discounted price of 2,000
Dealer 2 - said it costs 2,000 (this is the actual cost, not discounted price)

3rd & 4th year warranty:
Dealer 1 - 6,800
Dealer 2 - 12,471 (and there's the second difference, and a very major one).

Wonder why Dealer 2 is almost double the price of Dealer 1 for the extended warranty.

Dealer 2 said Dealer 1 has quoted for only the 3rd year and not for the 4th year. I spoke with Dealer 2 again to reconfirm and he said that it is for 3rd and 4th year.

Some more interesting points made by the dealers:

Dealer 1 said that Roadside assistance only covers 50 kms and that anything over 50 kms will still be charged extra. Dealer 2 said it is all-India and no extra charges. Who is right?

Dealer 1 said that 3rd and 4th year warranty is a waste of money and that they recommend NOT buying it.

I am now confused and have the following questions:

1. From whom should I buy the car?

2. Re. Depreciation Coverage, is Dealer 1 basically lying to me about giving me a discounted price while actually charging me the whole price? And should I buy Depreciation Coverage?

3. Extended Warranty - should I buy it? Basically this question will determine which dealer I buy the car from, because Dealer 1 is obviously much cheaper on the extended (3rd and 4th year) warranty.

4. Roadside assistance - should I buy it?

Some more points to help you respond more relevantly to my questions:

1. I plan on doing a lot of long-distance touring in my car, including one around-India trip on the Golden Quadrangle.

2. I will be driving Bangalore-Madras-Bangalore at least twice a month.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 26th May 2014 at 17:23.
Old 26th May 2014, 18:37   #4702
BHPian

are both the dealers in same city? and the rates qouted are for same color and same manufacturing year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
1. From whom should I buy the car?

2. Re. Depreciation Coverage, is Dealer 1 basically lying to me about giving me a discounted price while actually charging me the whole price? And should I buy Depreciation Coverage?

3. Extended Warranty - should I buy it? Basically this question will determine which dealer I buy the car from, because Dealer 1 is obviously much cheaper on the extended (3rd and 4th year) warranty.

4. Roadside assistance - should I buy it?
1. the one offering you best rates. but do check the vin before the delivery and make sure that the model is latest.

2. these petty lies are very commom and shud be ignored as long as rate qouted are not higher. zero dep should be taken for new cars in my opinion.

3. I did not go for extended warranty as I intend to modify my car. Also more often than not dealers find excuses to reject the extended warranty claim.

4. for that occasional requirement of actual use of RSA you can pay up the dealer for the service.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 19:03   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
are both the dealers in same city? and the rates qouted are for same color and same manufacturing year?

1. the one offering you best rates. but do check the vin before the delivery and make sure that the model is latest.

2. these petty lies are very commom and shud be ignored as long as rate qouted are not higher. zero dep should be taken for new cars in my opinion.

3. I did not go for extended warranty as I intend to modify my car. Also more often than not dealers find excuses to reject the extended warranty claim.

4. for that occasional requirement of actual use of RSA you can pay up the dealer for the service.
Thank you ank.nsit.

Yes, both dealers are in Bangalore, both quotes are for the same trim level (Ford Figo TDCI Titanium), yes, both models are manufactured this month, both cars are White, everything is identical.

I think what you say re. RSA makes sense - it might be cheaper to pay the tow-truck on a case-by-case basis.

Re. extended warranty, I was misinformed - the 6,800 was indeed only for the third year, the dealer called back and said the two-year extension would cost the same as the other dealer.

Therefore, now, there is only a Rs.4,000 difference between Dealer 1 and Dealer 2.

Cheers
Old 27th May 2014, 12:54   #4704
BHPian

Is anyone aware of the on-going discounts on Honda Brio?

I'm looking at the SMT model.

The price being offered in Rajasthan is 5.06 lakhs on-road.

Freebies include:
Free insurance (not bumper-2-bumper) = Rs. 12k
Car cover & mats (after haggling) - will ask for cash discount in lieu of this

Is there any cash discount which can be haggled over this?
Old 28th May 2014, 13:27   #4705
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda is back with 5x5 offer for Rapid Ultima

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-rapid.jpg
Old 28th May 2014, 13:50   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

Attachment 1244656
You have to admit that this is definately a mouth watering offer from Skoda.

I was one of the first few customers of the Rapid when it was launched and even the top end was absolutely bone dry of features. I love the car, feel like selling my 2 year old car and swapping it with the Ultima, with 5 years tension free ownership

Last edited by xtremeshock : 28th May 2014 at 13:52.
Old 28th May 2014, 15:53   #4707
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1244656
This offer was looking so good that i visited JP Nagar showroom. There is a catch. We need to make downpayment of 6 lakhs if i recall and have to opt for 36 months loan only.

They are offering free insurance of 42K and 10K of additional bonus for corporate. 5 ultima feature as per SA is garmin map, reverse camera, leather seats, ACC if i recall correctly. I did not pay much attention to his words as i have more info from this forum.

Also got to know that ultima package is sent from factory and these guys fit it in service center before delivery. i was not interested in those stickers sunning through the side and on the bonnet. He said since they are sticking it, if i dont need it they can remove it.
Old 28th May 2014, 16:14   #4708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
We need to make downpayment of 6 lakhs if i recall and have to opt for 36 months loan only.
Are you sure?
There may be some fixed down payment, but regarding the tenure it is mentioned as 5 years Finance @7.99% interest.
Old 28th May 2014, 16:33   #4709
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure?
There may be some fixed down payment, but regarding the tenure it is mentioned as 5 years Finance @7.99% interest.
Yes I am. I had visited today. I will scan and put the finance scheme shortly. After discounts Ulitma comes at on road price of 12.18 lakhs. I did not press for more discounts as i'm not sure when will i buy.

there are fixed down payment for every slot. but 8% interest is reflecting only on 36 months scheme. for 60 months it will go upto 9.7 or 10% which i'm not sure.
Old 28th May 2014, 22:07   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post

I obviously intend to drag them to the Consumer Court for this breach of trust and clear case of fraud but want everyone to beware of Asian Motors and especially Arshad Jamal who is the President of Asian Motors, Moti Nagar, Delhi.
Hey Ajit! Terribly sorry to read your story man. Really sucks to be on the receiving end, especially when it comes to transactions involving big money.

I hope you do take the damn dealership to court and make 'em pay for their crime. I wish you all the best and we'd also like to hear about how it goes.

Good luck, mate!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks