Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 17:18   #4846
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
VAT in MH is lower I believe. I would prefer doing registration and insurance on my own hence if you can get me price on the ex-showroom negotiated let me know. I could also consider the base variant.

What is the difference between the base variant and sportline and xline?
OK, will check and revert. However, Navnit might offer a better discount while offering a package deal which includes Insurance, Funding (in case of requirement) and the 3 year maintenance package.
The Expedition variant does not have the panoramic sunroof, Infotainment package (I drive) and the bi-xenons. The alloys are also of a different design in case of the Expedition edition. All the above features are present in the Xline variant. The Sportline variant is essentially the same as the Xline barring the front seats that are a little different and the internal trims are have an Aluminium trim instead of veneer. The steering wheel also gets a red stitching.
The Xline and the Sportline are priced exactly the same and there is a difference of about 6 lakhs between these variants and Expedition variant.
Old 13th August 2014, 17:25   #4847
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
OK, will check and revert. However, Navnit might offer a better discount while offering a package deal which includes Insurance, Funding (in case of requirement) and the 3 year maintenance package.
The Expedition variant does not have the panoramic sunroof, Infotainment package (I drive) and the bi-xenons. The alloys are also of a different design in case of the Expedition edition. All the above features are present in the Xline variant. The Sportline variant is essentially the same as the Xline barring the front seats that are a little different and the internal trims are have an Aluminium trim instead of veneer. The steering wheel also gets a red stitching.
The Xline and the Sportline are priced exactly the same and there is a difference of about 6 lakhs between these variants and Expedition variant.
I would be buying it outright so no funding required. Would be interested in the BSI pack.
Old 16th August 2014, 11:15   #4848
BHPian

Hey guys, my dad and his business partner are looking into the Audi A4 Premium with Drive Select. So 2 cars in total.

The dealer quoted us a final price of 43 lacs OTR each after a 3 lac discount on the ex-showroom price.

Is this price too steep ? Can we urge the dealer to give us higher discounts ?

And also, i'd like to know if anyone of you have any idea on the prices and discounts available for the BMW 5 series and the Audi A6.
Old 16th August 2014, 13:08   #4849
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
idea on the prices and discounts available for the BMW 5 series
There are couple of offers on 520D which covers low rate of interest & or BSI maintenance pack . To me BMW will be a far better option - quality of components they use & the overall peace of mind that comes with maintenance packages . Maybe try back to back test drives & don't take a decision for a few lac here or there - in % terms an additional Lac will be less than 1 % of overall costs .
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 10:01   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
There are couple of offers on 520D which covers low rate of interest & or BSI maintenance pack . To me BMW will be a far better option - quality of components they use & the overall peace of mind that comes with maintenance packages . Maybe try back to back test drives & don't take a decision for a few lac here or there - in % terms an additional Lac will be less than 1 % of overall costs .
Thanks for the tip. My father visited the Audi showroom yesterday and convinced the sales rep for an additional 2 lacs discount. So the OTR price is 41 lacs now. I think this is pretty reasonable. The EMI scheme is something along the lines of 38k per month and then 2 lacs at the end of the year. This is doable.

When we enquired with BMW, they said the 5 series is running at 63 lacs OTR right now. They have a 7 year EMI scheme with 50k per month or something like that. And the sales rep wasn't so approachable when it came to discounts.

I think we are going ahead with the A4 Premium with Drive Select at 41 lacs OTR. I drove the car and I felt it was pretty brilliant with the 177 engine
Old 21st August 2014, 18:02   #4851
BHPian

Quote:
VAT in MH is lower I believe. I would prefer doing registration and insurance on my own hence if you can get me price on the ex-showroom negotiated let me know. I could also consider the base variant.

What is the difference between the base variant and sportline and xline?
Bavaria in Pune is overstocked on the base variant..
Maybe worth checking with them..

As for the difference, The sport n x variant are almost the same
However the base comes without Xenon/DRL/Sunroof/idrive +Nav/ambient lighting

Most of the other niceties are retained though (electrical seats/Professional Radio with underseat subs and 8 speakers/Rear parking sensor etc)

If this helps, I picked the base version in 2012 but in hindsight, I wouldn't purchase it now..
The panoramic sunroof on the highline by itself is worth the extra price but guess I gotta live with what i chose

Last edited by abhi182 : 21st August 2014 at 18:03.
abhi182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:23   #4852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Bavaria in Pune is overstocked on the base variant..
Maybe worth checking with them..

As for the difference, The sport n x variant are almost the same
However the base comes without Xenon/DRL/Sunroof/idrive +Nav/ambient lighting

Most of the other niceties are retained though (electrical seats/Professional Radio with underseat subs and 8 speakers/Rear parking sensor etc)

If this helps, I picked the base version in 2012 but in hindsight, I wouldn't purchase it now..
The panoramic sunroof on the highline by itself is worth the extra price but guess I gotta live with what i chose
Thanks Abhi. Have been in talks with Bavaria too. They do have a couple of 2013 models lying. My main reason for not preferring the base variant is the lack of the idrive(is the idrive screen completely absent or there is a basic form?) and Ofcourse the Panaromic roof that adds a lot of airyness to the cabin.

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd August 2014 at 09:24.
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:37   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
(is the idrive screen completely absent or there is a basic form?) .

Base model x1 has no I drive screen it's a box to put knickknacks and instead has old school buttons to press for old school music system.
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:05   #4854
BHPian

Got delivery of my i20 Sportz petrol. 717477 was the on road price. Insurance, 10.5k cash discount, 3k corporate discount. So effective on road price is 683500. Freebies include car cover, under body and teflon coating and 3d mats. I had a old chevy spark which was exchanged for 180000. This included a 20k exchange bonus

Last edited by Lightening-Fast : 22nd August 2014 at 11:06.
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:45   #4855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Got delivery of my i20 Sportz petrol. 717477 was the on road price. Insurance, 10.5k cash discount, 3k corporate discount. So effective on road price is 683500. Freebies include car cover, under body and teflon coating and 3d mats. I had a old chevy spark which was exchanged for 180000. This included a 20k exchange bonus
Isn't it a bit low since the new Elite i20 has been launched? You could have negotiated a bit further IMO.
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:44   #4856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Isn't it a bit low since the new Elite i20 has been launched? You could have negotiated a bit further IMO.
Well, in my case, invoicing of the car happenned in July, though i took the delivery in August. At that time, Elite i20 was not in the news, though there was strong speculation that it would be launched anytime soon. I did enquire with 3 dealers and this was the best i could extract. My understanding from what i heard from the dealers is that the outgoing i20 are a few in no. I wouldnt think any dealer would have anything more than 5 at this moment. As time goes, dealers may lure with more cash discounts to clear the stocks
Lightening-Fast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:03   #4857
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhi. Have been in talks with Bavaria too. They do have a couple of 2013 models lying. My main reason for not preferring the base variant is the lack of the idrive(is the idrive screen completely absent or there is a basic form?) and Ofcourse the Panaromic roof that adds a lot of airyness to the cabin.
The panoramic sunroof is what I regret missing out on ...
The MID and Car audio display does all of what the idrive does except Navigation..
although I don't think i would have used BMW Nav given Google maps on phone is far more user friendly
Old 24th August 2014, 11:14   #4858
BHPian

Hi A friend is looking at the Chevrolet cruze anyone know what the current offers are? He would be interested in the maintenance package as well. He is based in Tamil Nadu
Old 24th August 2014, 11:43   #4859
BHPian

Hi guys,
Picked up an Alto 800 Vxi Torque Blue a couple of months back, OTR quote was Rs 4,02,671. Got a cash discount of Rs 35,0000 and a corporate discount of Rs 1,500.
I roped in a deal which included Remote Central locking, Seat covers, Rear Parking sensors with display for Rs 7,000 (original quote was approximately Rs 13,500).

Zero Depreciation Insurance: Rs 13,143.
Road Tax + Incidental Charges: Rs 53,500.
3rd and 4th Year Warranty: Rs 4,150.
In all, I had to pay Rs 3,74,500 for a decently equipped Alto 800.

Purchased from: Mandovi Motors Pvt Ltd (Hampankatta, Mangalore).
Old 25th August 2014, 10:37   #4860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
...Picked up an Alto 800 Vxi Torque Blue a couple of months back, OTR quote was Rs 4,02,671. Got a cash discount of Rs 35,0000 and a corporate discount of Rs 1,500...
That's some solid discount man!!

Most Viewed