Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 11:52   #4861
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's some solid discount man!!
Yes indeed. There was some Monsoon offer going on then. Unfortunately there is no one who uses a bike in my family (There was a further discount of Rs 5000 on submitting a copy of its RC) . The Sales leader Mr. Sandeep Poojary is a very understanding person, he accepted to most of my requests.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:35   #4862
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thanks Abhi. Have been in talks with Bavaria too. They do have a couple of 2013 models lying. My main reason for not preferring the base variant is the lack of the idrive(is the idrive screen completely absent or there is a basic form?) and Ofcourse the Panaromic roof that adds a lot of airyness to the cabin.
So, here's an update:
Navnit finally agreed to include a "space saver kit" too in the deal as per my requirement. All in all, the discount offered was around 9.3 lakhs OTR including the BSI secure for 3 years plus the space saver tyre. Despite all this, I decided to drop the Purchase of the X1 and bought a Fortuner 4x2 AT instead

Last edited by Kontoo : 27th August 2014 at 17:36. Reason: Typo
Old 27th August 2014, 17:55   #4863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
So, here's an update:
Navnit finally agreed to include a "space saver kit" too in the deal as per my requirement. All in all, the discount offered was around 9.3 lakhs OTR including the BSI secure for 3 years plus the space saver tyre. Despite all this, I decided to drop the Purchase of the X1 and bought a Fortuner 4x2 AT instead
hello,
Congrats on the new Fortuner. May you have thousands of miles of troublefree running.

Can you please give the on road break up of X1 and the discounts offered to you. Also the final price that was offered on X1 after the discounts.

Any particular reasons for buying the Fortuner instead of X1 apart from the extra space and true SUV feel offered ?
Old 28th August 2014, 01:49   #4864
BHPian

Hi fellow BHP ians - looking for some advice as this is my first new car purchase!
I am ready to buy a new Ertiga ZXi. I have paid a booking amount of Rs 5000 and the on the road pricing in the booking form is Rs 936980.
the breakup is as below
Ex showroom 770805
Insurance 24543
Registration 700
Extended warranty 10421
Handling charges 6750
Total 814,129

There is a difference of 122,000 between the two figures- is that road tax which hasnt been mentioned?
The only discount i have been offered is Rs 15,000, which is directly from Maruti.
The dealer was unwilling to negotiate any accessories etc.

The car should be available for PDI soon.
I wanted the advice/opinion of this forum- have i missed some major costing in the calculations or am i being ripped off?
Does anyone have any experience of whether Maruti Ertiga dealers will negotiate on accessories etc. and approximately what kind of accessories, if any, i can expect at this point of time. (i know Maruti dealers were doing quite a bit earlier as per these threads).
I am willing to cancel and rebook with some other dealer if needed, even if it costs me the same or a minor loss because i dont like being ripped off.
many thanks in advance.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:00   #4865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudraksh2005 View Post
Hi fellow BHP ians - looking for some advice as this is my first new car purchase!
I am ready to buy a new Ertiga ZXi. I have paid a booking amount of Rs 5000 and the on the road pricing in the booking form is Rs 936980.
the breakup is as below
Ex showroom 770805
Insurance 24543
Registration 700
Extended warranty 10421
Handling charges 6750
Total 814,129

There is a difference of 122,000 between the two figures- is that road tax which hasnt been mentioned?
The only discount i have been offered is Rs 15,000, which is directly from Maruti.
The dealer was unwilling to negotiate any accessories etc.

The car should be available for PDI soon.
I wanted the advice/opinion of this forum- have i missed some major costing in the calculations or am i being ripped off?
Does anyone have any experience of whether Maruti Ertiga dealers will negotiate on accessories etc. and approximately what kind of accessories, if any, i can expect at this point of time. (i know Maruti dealers were doing quite a bit earlier as per these threads).
I am willing to cancel and rebook with some other dealer if needed, even if it costs me the same or a minor loss because i dont like being ripped off.
many thanks in advance.
Oh Yes, a major Registration Charges are missing from the rates you mentioned, so that might be 1,22,000. Also, the Rs. 700 should be for Registration Plate (Number Plate).

Also, you should be asking all such kind of queries from your Sales Assistant. Treat them like you are doing a favor by buying a car from them. Call him whenever you have even a little doubt in your mind.

Regd the kind of accessory, it depends on your choice. I would say you first decide what all accessories you must want to have in your car. Dealer might throw in some discounted accessory which you would not have wanted in first place. So, no point considering that to be a part of deal.

Regd discounts, here is what I believe works the most.
Finalize the model (ZXi in your case), accessories & color of your car. Visit nearby 2-3 dealers and tell them you have everything finalized & will buy the car from dealer who offers the best discounts (Car + Accessory). Basically instead of prospective buyer act as a sure shot buyer. Quote the rates of 1 dealer to another. That would get you the best deal possible in terms of cash discount/accessory discounts and everything.

Also, dealer should not charge any booking cancellation charges, and if at all they do, it should be a maximum of Rs. 250.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:04   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Oh Yes, a major Registration Charges are missing from the rates you mentioned, so that might be 1,22,000. Also, the Rs. 700 should be for Registration Plate (Number Plate).

Also, you should be asking all such kind of queries from your Sales Assistant. Treat them like you are doing a favor by buying a car from them. Call him whenever you have even a little doubt in your mind.

Regd the kind of accessory, it depends on your choice. I would say you first decide what all accessories you must want to have in your car. Dealer might throw in some discounted accessory which you would not have wanted in first place. So, no point considering that to be a part of deal.

Regd discounts, here is what I believe works the most.
Finalize the model (ZXi in your case), accessories & color of your car. Visit nearby 2-3 dealers and tell them you have everything finalized & will buy the car from dealer who offers the best discounts (Car + Accessory). Basically instead of prospective buyer act as a sure shot buyer. Quote the rates of 1 dealer to another. That would get you the best deal possible in terms of cash discount/accessory discounts and everything.

Also, dealer should not charge any booking cancellation charges, and if at all they do, it should be a maximum of Rs. 250.
Many thanks for your advice- it is all very sensible and I should probably have done so right at the beginning.
I will certainly talk to the sales rep and see what I can work out.
Old 28th August 2014, 12:59   #4867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
hello,
Congrats on the new Fortuner. May you have thousands of miles of troublefree running.

Can you please give the on road break up of X1 and the discounts offered to you. Also the final price that was offered on X1 after the discounts.

Any particular reasons for buying the Fortuner instead of X1 apart from the extra space and true SUV feel offered ?
Thanks Nikhil!
I can mail you the proforma invoice if you wish. Please PM your mail i.d.

As regards the reasons for choosing the Fortuner over the X1, it was just a mind over heart decision. Although there is no direct comparison between the two, the Fortuner definitely has a better re-sale value over the X1 which was an important factor for me as I change cars very frequently. Also, the back seat in the X1 was a let down. The Expedition edition (it fit my budget) was devoid of Xenons, Sunroof and the I-drive which is what the BMW's are known for. In essence, I did not want to buy a BMW just for the sake of the badge.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:17   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudraksh2005 View Post
You can do your calculations here - http://www.kalyanimotors.com/maruti%...0cars/6/Ertiga

additionally if you are exchanging your old car, you get an additional benefit of Rs 20,000/- as exchange bonus.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:38   #4869
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nikhil!

As regards the reasons for choosing the Fortuner over the X1, it was just a mind over heart decision. Although there is no direct comparison between the two, the Fortuner definitely has a better re-sale value over the X1 which was an important factor for me as I change cars very frequently. Also, the back seat in the X1 was a let down. The Expedition edition (it fit my budget) was devoid of Xenons, Sunroof and the I-drive which is what the BMW's are known for. In essence, I did not want to buy a BMW just for the sake of the badge.
thanks, I do not have access to PM you.
you can mail me the details : ponappa30atgmaildotcom
Old 28th August 2014, 14:58   #4870
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-Topic:
Quote:
thanks, I do not have access to PM you...
I guess you just earned your right for PMs since you crossed 25 posts.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 15:00   #4871
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nikhil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Off-Topic:

I guess you just earned your right for PMs since you crossed 25 posts.
Yes, that's true - I see its activated now
Old 29th August 2014, 16:45   #4872
BHPian

Quote:
thanks, I do not have access to PM you.

you can mail me the details : ponappa30atgmaildotcom

Hi Nikhil
I too have been considering the fortuner AT. Any discount at all on the model. Would u also be kind enough to fwd the x1 quote breakdown. My wife is bonkers about that car. Pls send on anish(at)marvelinfomedia(dot)com
Tks so much.
Old 30th August 2014, 13:54   #4873
BHPian

Planning to book ford figo titanium D in kolkata. Anyone aware of what kind of discounts are available on figo?
Old 31st August 2014, 19:29   #4874
Distinguished - BHPian

Any deals on the Amaze AT or Sunny AT?
Old 31st August 2014, 21:50   #4875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Planning to book ford figo titanium D in kolkata. Anyone aware of what kind of discounts are available on figo?
Hey, I thought you automatically got upgraded to the next higher variant if you booked the Figo. So, if you booked the ZXI, you'd get the Titanium. Please check with your dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks