Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 12:29   #5761
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
He should check out the new generation X1. It is a totally different product and apparently it has as much room as the current generation X3.
Thanks. He did, however he's not too keen to buying the X1. Personal preference I guess. Any idea on the resale value of petrol vs diesel for the luxury segment? Especially when the petrol engine is that much more potent.
Old 21st February 2016, 22:45   #5762
BHPian

Attaching updated maruti offers for Feb.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-1456074937344.jpg  

hondacity is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:23   #5763
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi all,

Finalized a deal on behalf of my friend for 2015 Figo Aspire diesel trend variant. Started the negotiations from 30k and finally settled at a mouth watering discount of 1.25L. The final OTR comes to 7.00L including basic accessories, 3rd year extended warranty, zero dep insurance, etc.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:57   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Hi all,
Finally settled at a mouth watering discount of 1.25L. The final OTR comes to 7.00L including basic accessories, 3rd year extended warranty, zero dep insurance, etc.
Wow that is a lot of discount for a fairly new car, what was the month of manufacture, looks like Ford is struggling up north, due to the floods in Chennai they sold their stock and one doesn't get a lot of discount.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:08   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Wow that is a lot of discount for a fairly new car, what was the month of manufacture, looks like Ford is struggling up north, due to the floods in Chennai they sold their stock and one doesn't get a lot of discount.
It's an october manufactured car and according to the SA, car reached the dealership in the first week of nov. AFAIK, Aspire's are manufactured at their Gujarat facility.

It's all about how much we can negotiatie with them. Even my BIL had purchased a Aspire diesel trend variant from the same executive just 15 days back but could get just 75k discount and I could manage to squeeze out 1.25L from them. My BIL wanted to surprise me and hence did not inform me of the purchase and is pissed off now
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:19   #5766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
It's an october manufactured car and according to the SA, car reached the dealership in the first week of nov. AFAIK, Aspire's are manufactured at their Gujarat facility.

It's all about how much we can negotiatie with them.
Any particular reason for bargaining for a huge discount apart from our natural tendency to, for a car that is just 4 months since manufactured and is a new model in the market? And it is not a dud either, just slow on sales comparatively.

Last edited by tharian : 22nd February 2016 at 09:20.
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:52   #5767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Any particular reason for bargaining for a huge discount apart from our natural tendency to, for a car that is just 4 months since manufactured and is a new model in the market? And it is not a dud either, just slow on sales comparatively.
Do we need a reason to negotiate Its like, more the merrier The car is clear of any abuse or any signs of damage. Checked the car at their stockyard and it was covered in thick layer of dust. It means that the car was not in use for a very long period. Got the car cleaned and inspected each and every possible part of the car and only after being totally convinced, handed the booking amount to them.

For the ones who have PMed me, Just pitched 2-3 dealerships against each other, negotiated hard and the finally settled for the best.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:47   #5768
BHPian

I finally decided on the etios VD. Exchange offer of 10K was the only discount available. I excluded TGA accessories as I preferred selecting my own from the brochure. Final OTR came to 9.19L. Harsha Toyota guindy is the dealer. Very much looking forward for the delivery.
Old 24th February 2016, 01:36   #5769
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento TSi 2015: 50K cash discount + 20K exchange bonus. Haven't enquired about loyalty as we don't have an existing VW.
Is this a good deal?
Old 24th February 2016, 08:27   #5770
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet has revised prices for the facelifted Cruze.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-capture.jpg

Source

please excuse the spelling in the image.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 11:03   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Vento TSi 2015: 50K cash discount + 20K exchange bonus. Haven't enquired about loyalty as we don't have an existing VW.
Is this a good deal?
you will miss out on rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror, touchscreen music system.
Is this VW mumbai west (andheri) dealer?
which variant, highline?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 11:27   #5772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
you will miss out on rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror, touchscreen music system.
Is this VW mumbai west (andheri) dealer?
which variant, highline?
This is Mumbai South / Prabhadevi, for highline DSG 2015 stock IIRC.

The other features I can live without, but the touchscreen music system would be nice to have. Read about these feautures and emailed the sales chap to see if he could help me out with it.

EDIT: Skoda Autobahn has a black edition 2015 Rapid TDi DSG with a 1L discount. Hinted at more being available. Personally, I find the Vento to be classier, and the VW A.S.S is being carried out by Shaman Group who also service Honda's, Mercs - which is why I am leaning towards the Vento.

Last edited by lamborghini : 24th February 2016 at 11:29.
Old 24th February 2016, 11:39   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This is Mumbai South / Prabhadevi, for highline DSG 2015 stock IIRC.

The other features I can live without, but the touchscreen music system would be nice to have. Read about these feautures and emailed the sales chap to see if he could help me out with it.

EDIT: Skoda Autobahn has a black edition 2015 Rapid TDi DSG with a 1L discount. Hinted at more being available. Personally, I find the Vento to be classier, and the VW A.S.S is being carried out by Shaman Group who also service Honda's, Mercs - which is why I am leaning towards the Vento.
I think there is no discount on 2016 highline but they may give some on confortline. personally i would choose rain sensors and auto dimming mirror over touch screen.
i have two skodas I have tried all the A.S.S centres in mumbai and honestly all are same and you will have hard time with skoda A.S.S. (out of all three i think JMD was best).
i agree vento looks classier compared to rapid but you may get more than 1L discount easily on rapid.
Old 24th February 2016, 12:53   #5774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I think there is no discount on 2016 highline but they may give some on confortline. personally i would choose rain sensors and auto dimming mirror over touch screen.
i have two skodas I have tried all the A.S.S centres in mumbai and honestly all are same and you will have hard time with skoda A.S.S. (out of all three i think JMD was best).
i agree vento looks classier compared to rapid but you may get more than 1L discount easily on rapid.
I believe the comfortline comes with a discount, but not sure if it is 2015, or 2016 stock.

Regarding auto wipers and auto dimming mirrors - the car is primarily going to be chauffeur driven; my daily being a Skoda Laura L&K with all the features. We want A/T as it'll be convenient for everyone in the family to drive whenever required + lesser chances of abuse with the driver (lagging the gearbox by not downshifting, late upshifts, etc.).

I am ok skipping these for a saving of over INR 1L (70K discount + price increase for new features), as indicated by salesman.

Commute can vary from 3-4km to 30-40km daily, so petrol made sense as on shorter commutes the engine would not be warmed up to ideal temp, but still open to the idea of a diesel DSG.

Rapid Style TDi DSG with Black package comes to 13.71L OTR, and the Vento TSi Highline DSG comes to 13.xx also, with diesel DSG coming to 14.7ish OTR.
Question on my mind is whether the Vento justifies the premium in terms of perceived better service and classier interiors/exteriors.
Old 27th February 2016, 19:43   #5775
BHPian

Why does Skoda restrict all kind of offers to Rapid? I don't see any offers for other models of skoda though it hardly sells (ex:yeti).??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks