Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 16:14   #6031

VW Ameo Or Ford EcoSport?

Hi everyone... i have a 2003 Ford Ikon which I have put for sale on olx. Since i am disposing the Ford, I want to buy a new car and in that process test driving VW Ameo today. I did test drive Ford Aspire but my wife didnt like its looks nor interiors. Just want to know from this forum on the pros and cons of Ameo (based on experience). Once concern I have is that Ameo is not proven and may not sustain market presence like Polo or Vento. Another concern is like what if it becomes Cab operators favourite like Etios. My other option is Ford EcoSport. Just that its some 3lakhs costlier hence looking at Ameo. Looking forward for your inputs please. thanks and regards...
Old 16th November 2016, 16:45   #6032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharat70 View Post
. Another concern is like what if it becomes Cab operators favourite like Etios. ..

Be rest assured that a VW in India will never be a cab operators favorite. Go ahead and test drive the car. It seems you keep your cars for a long time so do check out hyundai as well.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 16:50   #6033
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My friend is looking to exchange his decade old M800 for Fiat Linea or Ford Ecosport (Diesel mill, Mid or Top end variants) What is the current offer / discount for both the cars? Location : Chennai.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th November 2016, 17:30   #6034
BHPian

In Pune 2015 Amaze Auto is commanding Rs. 1 Lakh discount .
If compared the difference between old model with discounts and a equivalent 2016 Amaze is in the range of whopping 2 lakhs.
Old 16th November 2016, 19:01   #6035
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Any offers on Innova Crysta in Mumbai/Pune region? Any waiting period for the GX model?
Old 17th November 2016, 11:12   #6036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Be rest assured that a VW in India will never be a cab operators favorite. Go ahead and test drive the car. It seems you keep your cars for a long time so do check out hyundai as well.
Thanks a lot. Ford Ikon is used by my wife, average 6 kms a day (home-work-home) and hence never felt the need to change the car. (I have a safari which is the first choice car for high way drive (usually bangalore-vijayawada-chennai-bangalore) when we visited parents twice or thrice a year and to coimbatore some 3-4 times a year.

in my TD yesterday, Ameo gave a solid feel and comfortable drive in the city but with 1.2 engine we may find it wanting on highways. Especially after getting used to Safari Vx for six years now. Regarding my concerns of Ameo becoming Cab operators favourite, VW Sales adviser informed me that Ameo is not sold for yellow board operations.

Btw which model of Hyndai are you referring? Basically we want to have a good SUV (replacing Safari soon) and a daily/city use Sedan.
Old 17th November 2016, 12:19   #6037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any offers on Innova Crysta in Mumbai/Pune region? Any waiting period for the GX model?
Sahil, I went to a local dealership and sales manager was keen in selling Crysta over Fortuner No Discounts from Toyota but you can get about 10-15 K or some accessories complimentary. Of course, this depends on the situation of the dealer, he one I am referring is amongst larger one and guys having multiple branches are going to get worst hit. This is due to currency situation as a lot of sales does come from farmer / businessman in this part. Almost all colours and variants are available off-shelf here.
Old 17th November 2016, 17:16   #6038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sahil, I went to a local dealership and sales manager was keen in selling Crysta over Fortuner No Discounts from Toyota but you can get about 10-15 K or some accessories complimentary. Of course, this depends on the situation of the dealer, he one I am referring is amongst larger one and guys having multiple branches are going to get worst hit. This is due to currency situation as a lot of sales does come from farmer / businessman in this part. Almost all colours and variants are available off-shelf here.
Thanks Turbanator! More than discounts, I am waiting for the car loan rates to also drop since the banks are flushed with funds.
Old 17th November 2016, 23:23   #6039
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am waiting for the car loan rates to also drop since the banks are flushed with funds.
Yes, these should decrease. At least European & Japanese companies should take the lead, If I am not mistaken even if they factor hedging costs ( 3-5 % ) for Rupee they can still get loans at 1-2 % overseas & charge some preferential rate of 5-7 % for their own products unless there are some restrictions on this. If you want to keep the car for a longer time and wait, it makes sense to buy a 2017 Model. I don't think Toyota will increase prices any soon.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th November 2016 at 23:29.
Old 18th November 2016, 09:11   #6040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you want to keep the car for a longer time and wait, it makes sense to buy a 2017 Model. I don't think Toyota will increase prices any soon.
Toyota might not increase the pricing but from January GST would be applicable. All vehicles costing 10l upwards will see price surging though
Old 18th November 2016, 10:52   #6041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Toyota might not increase the pricing but from January GST would be applicable. All vehicles costing 10l upwards will see price surging though
Is that from a reliable source? GST being applicable from January that is. My take is that what with diesel (NGT) uncertainity woes, demonetisation having hit the premium segment greater, the Government may keep the GST and additional cess equivalent to what is neing levied at present.

Some dealers are voicing that car companies would increase prices during January. What is your opinion in the premium segment?
Old 18th November 2016, 11:38   #6042
Distinguished - BHPian

To boost customer footfalls in it's dealerships during this demonetisation period, Maruti-Suzuki rolls out Zero Down Payments schemes.

Valid till November 30th.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-marutisuzukioffer.jpeg

Old 18th November 2016, 13:07   #6043
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Best chance, GST will be from 1st April though given the present situation this might get pushed to 1 September. There is not even a remote information anywhere of this getting implemented from 1st January.

Innova Crysta - Cash Discount 10-15 K or Accessories for 25 K already

Quote:
Some dealers are voicing that car companies would increase prices during January. What is your opinion in the premium segment?
Complete crap, this is a normal practice to sell stuff during Year end months and usually works due to inflation. Sentiments are very bad and will even get worst once people exhaust options and realise the hard truth. Many guys are still waiting for some amnesty schemes from Government or trying to use money in Gold/ Property. Either way, liquidity is going to take a hit and buying a new car will be the least priority unless urgent. Not only one loss on re-sale for buying Nov/Dec model but this time, Interests are also going to get lower and going by the hints, Governments may even reduce duties as a populistic measure, they will surely have lots of funds and will like to boost spending.
Quote:
My car dealer told me that GST will be applicable from January.
total BS, he is just trying to sell his 2016 Model Year cars. GST is not like Rs 500/ 1000 notes which can be implemented overnight.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th November 2016 at 13:34.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 13:10   #6044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Is that from a reliable source? GST being applicable from January that is. My take is that what with diesel (NGT) uncertainity woes, demonetisation having hit the premium segment greater, the Government may keep the GST and additional cess equivalent to what is neing levied at present.

Every January manufacturers do raise the prices. What I meant was even if Toyota doesn't do that the introduction of GST will certainly raise the price. My car dealer told me that GST will be applicable from January. As of now there is no notification in GST implementation deferment. December is always the best time to buy if you are looking for good discounts as all the companies push to clear stocks.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 18th November 2016 at 13:13.
Old 18th November 2016, 14:24   #6045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Every January manufacturers do raise the prices. What I meant was even if Toyota doesn't do that the introduction of GST will certainly raise the price. My car dealer told me that GST will be applicable from January. As of now there is no notification in GST implementation deferment. December is always the best time to buy if you are looking for good discounts as all the companies push to clear stocks.
Your dealer is either ignorant or lying. GST cannot be implemented from January. The earliest plan of implementation is from April and that is only if everything goes as per plan. Also at this point there is no clarity whether GST introduction will raise prices. There might as well be a reduction in prices of some models depending upon what the government decides to define a luxury.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks