Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2016, 14:30   #6046
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

GST would probably come into force by April 2017, if all goes well. Not before.
The point i was trying to understand is whether with the demonetisation, leading to slowdown in sales, the manufacturers would have the desire to increase prices?
Old 18th November 2016, 20:45   #6047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Your dealer is either ignorant or lying. GST cannot be implemented from January. The earliest plan of implementation is from April and that is only if everything goes as per plan. Also at this point there is no clarity whether GST introduction will raise prices. There might as well be a reduction in prices of some models depending upon what the government decides to define a luxury.
Thanks for giving me clarity on GST implementation. I absolutely had no knowledge about it so quoted what the dealer told me.
Old 19th November 2016, 01:29   #6048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharat70 View Post
Btw which model of Hyndai are you referring? Basically we want to have a good SUV (replacing Safari soon) and a daily/city use Sedan.
I was referring to the Xcent. However, I would still prefer a premium hatchback like elite i20 than going for a compact sedan.

Last edited by manson : 21st November 2016 at 13:45.
Old 20th November 2016, 14:52   #6049
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharat70 View Post
Ford Ikon is used by my wife, average 6 kms a day (home-work-home)
Do you frankly even need a car for that kind of usage?
aptiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 12:38   #6050
kat
BHPian

My friend is looking at booking a Figo or Aspire diesel in a couple of weeks in Coimbatore. What are the current offers on both the cars after the price reduction?
Old 22nd November 2016, 20:44   #6051
BHPian

My cousin planning to book an S-Cross 1.3 zeta in Chennai; What are the current offers . Appreciate any kind of lead.
Old 25th November 2016, 13:33   #6052

@Aptiva: Valid question. Our children are getting DL this year, the weekend usage will increase :-).

Last edited by sharat70 : 25th November 2016 at 13:34.
sharat70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:12   #6053
BHPian

is it worth buying a 80days old ecosport base version with 18k cash discount in Bangalore? Since its almost December, i was expecting a better deal and the dealer seems to be sticking to his 18k cash discount offer.

btw - im planning to negotiate for free insurance and additional 2yrs extended warranty.

any pointers or suggestions?

thanks,
Manjunath
Old 28th November 2016, 13:48   #6054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanju View Post
is it worth buying a 80days old ecosport base version with 18k cash discount in Bangalore? Since its almost December, i was expecting a better deal and the dealer seems to be sticking to his 18k cash discount offer.

btw - im planning to negotiate for free insurance and additional 2yrs extended warranty.

any pointers or suggestions?

thanks,
Manjunath
I wouldn't. 18k discount is too less for a car that's 80 days old especially at the year end. I'd rather wait for the new year and get one. Just for a few months, your car will be a 2016 model.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 14:04   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
Car sales have taken a hit. Once the deadline for conversion is crossed, there would be a further lull. Chances of huge discounts in January for 2016 cars are quite large. Of course there is a possibility that 2016 cars may be sold off. If i were you, i would wait till January 10th or so and then check out the possibilities. Worst that could happen is that you would have to buy a 2017 model.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 14:24   #6056
BHPian

Quote:
is it worth buying a 80days old ecosport base version with 18k cash discount in Bangalore? Since its almost December, i was expecting a better deal and the dealer seems to be sticking to his 18k cash discount
If I were you I wouldn't. ₹17k seems too less for a 80day old car. Furthermore discounts in December are bound to increase and if the worst case scenario of no additional discounts is offered in Dec I would wait till Jan 2017 to either bargain a good discount or get a fresh 2017 manufactured vehicle.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 16:28   #6057
BHPian

thank you @rajamuneeb @earthian @Mad Max for your valuable suggestions.

in that case, i will stick to my offer. That is free insurance and additional 2yrs extended warranty along with the 18k cash discount. If the dealer is not interested, will wait till Jan-2017 for better deals or 2017 manufactured car.

there are rumours that, there will be price increase around the corner. I feel it worth the risk, as i would be getting a 2017 manufactured car with the hiked price.

thanks,
Manjunath
Old 28th November 2016, 20:06   #6058
BKN

I am planning to buy a Scorpio (S8 or S10) or XUV (W4 or W6) or Storme Varicor. I was tracking the prices all these months. I was jolted a bit when M&M dealers increased the price by around 21K during Diwali season with minimal offers.

I was waiting for December month so that I can get some year-end discounts (I normally use a car for at least 7 to 8 years, so not bothered about depreciation). Now the demonetization also happened. I am hoping for some decent discounts from Mahindra, but am yet to find any ads regarding the same.

Any information regarding Mahindra discounts or offers is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
BKN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 20:43   #6059
BHPian

Hi all I am quoted a ex-showroom price of Safari Varicor at 11Lakh (top end), is it a good deal?
Old 28th November 2016, 23:23   #6060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...in that case, i will stick to my offer. That is free insurance and additional 2yrs extended warranty along with the 18k cash discount. If the dealer is not interested, will wait till Jan-2017 for better deals or 2017 manufactured car.

there are rumours that, there will be price increase around the corner. I feel it worth the risk, as i would be getting a 2017 manufactured car with the hiked price....
Please don't sign your cheque yet. Please hold the confirmation till 3rd week of Dec (if the car is already in the yard) and am sure they'll relent.

Some manufacturers do a price hike in Jan too, but things are a lot different this year. Please wait for enough vibes before you take a plunge. If you are going to buy the existing stock, please try to register it after Jan 01, not many people try to decode the month of manufacturing; they go with the date of registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKN View Post
I am planning to buy a Scorpio (S8 or S10) or XUV (W4 or W6) or Storme Varicor. I was tracking the prices all these months. I was jolted a bit when M&M dealers increased the price by around 21K during Diwali season with minimal offers...
Am sure the offers will roll out once the next month begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi all I am quoted a ex-showroom price of Safari Varicor at 11Lakh (top end), is it a good deal?
You should put the actual price (before discount) & offers / deduction on the actual price. Please note that the OTR is different for different states and asking a blanket question will have a lower probability of receiving an answer.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed