Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2016, 23:26   #6061
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hello All

Are there any year end offers on the X5 3.0d (Pure Experience) or GLE350D. Since this is the year end, I am hoping that I can do better than the 7-9L off being offered on OTR. Any pointers would certainly help.

Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 07:51   #6062
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi all I am quoted a ex-showroom price of Safari Varicor at 11Lakh (top end), is it a good deal?

Hi Amit,

If that's for the VX 400; then the price you're getting is an absolute stunner. Don't think twice.

If not, then just a suggestion. Please don't consider the 320/5 speed version. The 400 is obviously the way forward for the Tata; hence what we can call "future safe". Cheers to your choice, but then like most people will say, do consider the Hexa.
Old 29th November 2016, 08:10   #6063
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post
Hello All

Are there any year end offers on the X5 3.0d (Pure Experience) or GLE350D. Since this is the year end, I am hoping that I can do better than the 7-9L off being offered on OTR. Any pointers would certainly help.

Thanks
If you can quote the intended city of purchase, it will help suggestions come in.

I can check with my connections wherever they are.
Old 29th November 2016, 09:43   #6064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post
Hello All

Thanks
3 pointers:
- Always negotiate on ex-showroom not on road price as the latter has a lot of cushioning like RTO agent service fees and inflated insurance quotes. Doing both of these on actual or self basis saves well over a lakh or two.
- Call multiple dealers and try and speak to someone from the senior team like the head of sales or GM and tell them you have quotes from their rival dealership already and without disclosing any ball park figure ask them to give you the best they can do and you will get back to them only if it's a better offer. No matter what offer they give you, say it's not good enough. Then call the other dealer and haggle back and forth But to be ethical do go with whoever give she you the best deal first as every dealer is willing to match/equal a rivals quote which ain't fair.
- BMW offers corporate discounts for key accounts which are large corporates as well as individual business owners which is SME discount. It's best to speak to someone from the Bmw corporate team and understand what is the amount Bmw is contributing, the dealer discount should be over and above his. Very often dealerships are not transparent and don't even pass on what discount BMW is directly offering them.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 10:42   #6065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
3 pointers:
- Always negotiate on ex-showroom
- BMW offers corporate discounts for key accounts which are large corporates .
Thank you, Sahil. That was a good tip. Any idea on discounts available on ex showroom prices for the X5 and the GLE 250 in Ahmedabad?
Old 29th November 2016, 12:54   #6066
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are there any year end offers on the X5 3.0d (Pure Experience)
Up here in North, expect around 8-10 lac on X5 except for the basic variants
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 12:58   #6067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
If you can quote the intended city of purchase, it will help suggestions come in.

Oh Sorry my bad. The city is Bangalore.
Old 29th November 2016, 13:35   #6068
BHPian

Hello!
I am planning to buy a new car early next year. I already own a Tata Safari Dicor 2011 self driven for 1,35,000 km. I need similar commanding view and comfort but now my priority is an AT car.

Can someone suggest what will be the best option for me?

I can stretch to 25L on road max.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 14:15   #6069
Senior - BHPian

What kind of discounts can I get on the BMW X3 ? Does BMW have any plans of launching a new X3 in the near future?
Old 29th November 2016, 14:27   #6070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello!
I am planning to buy a new car early next year. I already own a Tata Safari Dicor 2011 self driven for 1,35,000 km. I need similar commanding view and comfort but now my priority is an AT car.

Can someone suggest what will be the best option for me?

I can stretch to 25L on road max.
In Delhi, you should be able to pick up any of the luxury segment as used cars for that price. I've heard fun things about the LandRovers.

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=3&isP=false

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=2&isP=false

In Bangalore, everything is another 2-4 lacs higher. :(
Old 29th November 2016, 15:51   #6071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
In Delhi, you should be able to pick up any of the luxury segment as used cars for that price. I've heard fun things about the LandRovers.

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=3&isP=false

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=2&isP=false

In Bangalore, everything is another 2-4 lacs higher. :(
Hi Mad_Max,
Thanks for your advice but I forgot to mention I am looking for new car only not used ones.

I feel it is very difficult to get a genuine product from used car market unless it is from friends or relatives.Used car having lucrative prices are certain to have hidden issues and faults.

Anyways I have shortlisted these AT's XUV, Hexa and Innova Crysta but not sure which will be a better deal.

If Tata launches Safari Storme with automatic gearbox I can simple close the deal with it without a second thought.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 17:28   #6072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post

You may get in touch with a guy called Shibin at the Electronics City showroom. He has handled my car when I was traveling down south. Has remained in touch through.

If you can PM me your contact details I can ask him to initiate a contact. This being year end, it would generally go by 'best offer first' mode. There are certain tie-ups with a Premium Credit Card where there are slightly better schemes. Do check.
Old 29th November 2016, 17:34   #6073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
What kind of discounts can I get on the BMW X3 ? Does BMW have any plans of launching a new X3 in the near future?
What I knew from Bangalore was that they were offering X3 30d M Sports for the price of X3 20d xLine. This was a mighty offer that was over just last week!

My Gurgaon dealer gave me the test drive on the new content X3 Expedition. Do check that out.

One more thing... Watch this space

https://www.bmwusedcars.in

The dealer would load all the test-drive cars here in November December
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:54   #6074
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra offering heavy discounts to push sales

Mahindra is reportedly offering heavy discounts on all models in its portfolio. These discounts have been introduced to push sales and thus clear the inventory which is piling up at the company's dealerships post demonetization.

Reports suggest that various Mahindra dealers in the country currently have an inventory of over 40 days, while sales have slumped post the demonetization announcement on November 8. The company is one of the most affected automakers since majority of its sales come from rural and semi-urban areas. Moreover, with the end of the year approaching, Mahindra appears to be trying hard to clear its stocks to sell all 2016 manufactured models.

Though no official announcement has been made by Mahindra, it is being reported that the automaker has informed its dealer partners about the said discount through a video conference. Post this, the Scorpio has a discount of up to Rs. 50,000, while the Bolero is being offered with Rs. 67,000 price cut. The XUV500 has received a discount of up to Rs. 89,000, while the company's compact SUV offering - the KUV100 has up to Rs. 73,000 worth of discounts. The company's costliest SUV - the SsangYong Rexton, is being reported to have discounts of up to Rs. 2.71 lakh in some areas.

Both - new and used car markets have taken a major hit after the demonetization announcement. Automakers have even decided to cut production in order to avoid huge inventory pileups.

Source: ET Auto
dZired is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 13:31   #6075
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra offering heavy discounts to push sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Mahindra is reportedly offering heavy discounts on all models in its portfolio.
Not surprising that Mahindra (and other manufacturers) facing the heat of demonetization and their sales have tanked in Nov. Mahindra's sale in Nov were reported to be 22% down YoY same month.

Source

However, in my honest opinion, the offered discounts should have been more on products like Bolero and XUV since Rexton, even with its 2.71L discount, will not bring big sale numbers.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 2nd December 2016 at 13:34.
Ace F355 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed