Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 19:52   #6136
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I spoke to the BMW dealer today and I was offered a cash discount of Rs.7 lakhs on the OTR cost. After discounts, X3 30d MSport costs close to 69 lakhs on road. Is this a good price or should I haggle for more discounts?
My take is haggle for more. And ask him to just mention the discount he is giving in the ex-showroom price. You would be better off getting insurance on your own. These dealers sometimes club statutory and non statutory charges together such as " Registration and Depot charges". Registration charges are fixed by the Government and in Gujarat is 6% of ex-showroom price; whereas Depot charges are the dealers handling and stocking costs. These are clubbed together and shown ~12%. Hence when the dealer knocks of ~6% from OTR; he is actually knocking off his (inflated) overhead costs.
If you have capacity to wait and sweat out the dealer; as well as the ability to take (a rare chance of) losing out on the chin; then haggle.
In Insurance, my take is that you would save at least 40% of the quote given.
Old 9th December 2016, 21:23   #6137
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

In Today's Local Newspaper, saw an Ad of Celerio.

Total benefit for Celerio Diesel is 1.10 lakhs.

I have hardly seen the Diesel Celerio, to top it off, the Local Dealers don't have a TD vehicle

Good offer for someone looking at Celerio Diesel although you can still get the much better Tiago Diesel for less money.

Petrol has an offer of about 20k.
Old 10th December 2016, 19:56   #6138
BHPian

Hi folks,

Looking for some feedback on a BMW 3 series.

Dealer is offering about 3.8L discount.
320d Luxury Line
EXS : 42.6
RTO : 6.1
TCS 1% : 0.43
Ins : 1.3 (zero dep, max coverage, can reduce this)
Safety Cs : 0.12
---------------------
total : 50.5 approx
discount : 3.8
------------------------
OTR : 46.7
==============

He did mention there's room for more, but is this a decent initial offer?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th December 2016, 20:22   #6139
BHPian

How much of discounts can be expected / pushed for the Ecosport Titanium TDCI in Cochin?

Kairali Ford is offering free insurance and possible free 3rd year RSA as corporate offer. Malayalam Ford committed no discounts but says something can be "worked out" on finalization of variant and payment of booking amount.

Pointers much appreciated,

Cheers
Ramesh
Old 10th December 2016, 21:05   #6140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Hi folks,

320d Luxury Line
---------------------
------------------------
==============

Thanks in advance.
There are other costs to BMW as well. The BMW offerings are quite confusing for the unwary. You must consider the following and add to the OTR price.

1. BSI Plus for at least 60k km and 5 years. This covers all servicing, including the cost of consumables over 60,000 km and 5 years whichever comes earlier. It is available in several options and goes all the way to 2,00,000 km and 10 years. Quite obviously at a price.

2. Extended warranty (BMW calls it BRI). You can take unlimited kilometers extended warranty upto 6 years. BRI extends the warranty and includes wear and tear on components like wipers blades, and clutch. Apparently even the automatics have little clutches associated somehow within the gearbox. I haven't quite understood this, but that's what I was told by the dealership. Anyway in my opinion any failed part in a BMW can be quite expensive and an extended warranty is worth its weight in gold.

Even though these are separate offerings the dealers will try and confuse the hell out you, by clubbing them together and attempt to double charge you. You can of course purchase these with the lower value and cost and extend before they expire. You'll have additional hassle of keeping track of their expiry. Don't get taken for a ride here.

3. BMW Secure is third product tied up with the insurance which the dealer will try and force you to buy from them. BMW Secure is basically an add-on cover for Return to Invoice, Road Side Assistance (RSA) and tyre and alloys. The BMW recommends that RFT be replaced rather than repaired - even for punctures. However, take a commitment in writing that changing a tyre under BMW Secure will not impact your no-claim bonus.

The problem with BMW Secure that I recently faced is at the time of renewal. Even though I haven't made any claim during the first year, the BMW send me a quote for renewal where the premium for the insurance + Secure worked out to be nearly 30% more than the first, which is plain rediulous. Further the BMW flatly refuse to renew BMW Secure unless you take this ridiculously priced insurance from ICICI. Personally I feel this plain unethical and non-transparent. Needless to say that I ditched BMW and went with another insurer for a better coverage and saved myself Rs 50,000.

While on the topic of insurance, I should emphasize that you must check for the following:

a. Compresenhive zero dep
b. Return to invoice
c. Engine and gear-box protector
d. Tyre cover
e. Cover for Rat damage
f. Either NCB protect or a written assurance that NCB is not impacted for tyre replacement
g. Insurers generally provide RSA by default, but double check nevertheless.

When the dealer sees this list he'll try to sell their insurance plus BMW Secure. They should together not cost more 1.3 lakh. Otherwise the same cover is available from TATA AIG with cashless tie-up pan India with BMW. Ask for discount and it should be cheaper by at least 20k.

If all this together with all taxes are included within Rs 46 lakh then you are rolling. Take full advantage of the shock of demonetization. Their sales are down. They are desperate to sell the car in December.

Lastly don't forget to ask for a VIN numbers of the cars available in stock and check the data-base to ensure that the specific which you finally get was manufactured no earlier than four months from the date of purchase. Then physically inspect the car and get them to commit the VIN number to the invoice before you part with even with the booking amount.

Last edited by SushilBajpai : 10th December 2016 at 21:14.
SushilBajpai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 23:41   #6141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Hi folks,

320d Luxury Line
---------------------
------------------------
==============

Thanks in advance.
That's discount is too less. As mentioned several times here, always negotiate on ex-showroom price to get the best deal. The other components like insurance and RTO service fees can be negotiated later and matched as per third party agents.
I had negotiated 7 Lakhs off on ex-showroom in august. December would have equal or higher discount. Ask them to pass on the Bmw support for SME or corporates, they do this for individual purchases also. This is a discount given by Bmw and dealer discount is over and above this. Dealer margins on BMW is 6%+ incentives. Hence the 7 Lakhs off I got ,about 4.5 Bmw support and balance 2.5 dealer passed on entire margin as their discount. In these cases they make money on incentive payouts given to them by Bmw india. December month sees highest support from Bmw to get numbers. Push hard you should get a much better deal.

Where are you registering to get 6% RTO ?

Last edited by Sahil : 10th December 2016 at 23:45.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 01:08   #6142
BHPian

Before finalising the deal with BMW for an X3 m sport, I decided to check out Volvo XC60 today. When I approached the dealer, I found a 2000km run xc60 being sold for 45.5 lakhs ex showroom (almost 12 lakhs less). The car looks/drives pretty good and it is the Inscription D5 2016 manufactured demo car.

Is it a good price? Dealer is telling that the quoted price is final and it works out to 54.5 lakhs OTR. Is this a sensible buy over a brand new X3 that costs 68 lakhs on road?
Old 11th December 2016, 08:03   #6143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Before finalising the deal with BMW for an X3 m sport, I decided to check out Volvo XC60 today. When I approached the dealer, I found a 2000km run xc60 being sold for 45.5 lakhs ex showroom (almost 12 lakhs less). The car looks/drives pretty good and it is the Inscription D5 2016 manufactured demo car.

Is it a good price? Dealer is telling that the quoted price is final and it works out to 54.5 lakhs OTR. Is this a sensible buy over a brand new X3 that costs 68 lakhs on road?
I am also confused about the ex showroom prices of Volvo XC60. According to the post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-india-2.html, the price of XC60 Inscription is supposed to be 51.7 lakhs. But the price list that my local dealer gave me claims an ex showroom price of 57.33 lakhs. Just wondering if its price went up by almost 6 lakhs in the last 6 months or if 51.7 lakhs pricing holds good only for Delhi. Any clue guys?
Old 11th December 2016, 10:08   #6144
BHPian

Went out looking for a XUV 500 W6 yesterday. The discount they are offering here in Delhi (p.s. only visited 1 dealer) is 51K cash, 25K exchange and 10k corporate. They did reduce the insurance by 7K and after a little bargaining gave me another 7K off in cash discount. Will check some other dealers in the coming week to see how much more I can manage to shave off.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 19:28   #6145
BHPian

Have finalized a deal for elite i20 petrol asta (o) 6 air bag model in coimbatore.

Getting 65k as exchange price for 2002 MS 800 std, 20k exchange bonus, 20k cash discount and insurance they have promised to match my lowest online quote. Anything more possible guys ? Felt this was pretty good considering elite i20 hardly had any offers couple of months back.
Old 11th December 2016, 20:46   #6146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Have finalized a deal for elite i20 petrol asta (o) 6 air bag model in coimbatore.

Getting 65k as exchange price for 2002 MS 800 std, 20k exchange bonus, 20k cash discount and insurance they have promised to match my lowest online quote. Anything more possible guys ? Felt this was pretty good considering elite i20 hardly had any offers couple of months back.
The situation after demonetization has turned this into a buyer's market. The cars are stagnating in the yards. Nothing is selling like before. This is a good deal that you're getting. Try taking a gang of friends along and bargaining ;-)
Old 12th December 2016, 10:00   #6147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Where are you registering to get 6% RTO ?
This was quoted to me for Individual Mumbai Registration. It about 6 lac, not 6%
Also, thanks for the pointers Sahil. This negotiation thing is like a navigating a minefield, and making this decision almost unsavoury.
Old 12th December 2016, 10:03   #6148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
There are other costs to BMW as well. The BMW offerings are quite confusing for the unwary. You must consider the following and add to the OTR price.

1. BSI Plus for at least 60k km and 5 years. This covers all servicing, including the cost of consumables over 60,000 km and 5 years whichever comes earlier. It is available in several options and goes all the way to 2,00,000 km and 10 years. Quite obviously at a price.

2. Extended warranty (BMW calls it BRI). You can take unlimited kilometers extended warranty upto 6 years. BRI extends the warranty and includes wear and tear on components like wipers blades, and clutch. Apparently even the automatics have little clutches associated somehow within the gearbox. I haven't quite understood this, but that's what I was told by the dealership. Anyway in my opinion any failed part in a BMW can be quite expensive and an extended warranty is worth its weight in gold.

Even though these are separate offerings the dealers will try and confuse the hell out you, by clubbing them together and attempt to double charge you. You can of course purchase these with the lower value and cost and extend before they expire. You'll have additional hassle of keeping track of their expiry. Don't get taken for a ride here.

3. BMW Secure is third product tied up with the insurance which the dealer will try and force you to buy from them. BMW Secure is basically an add-on cover for Return to Invoice, Road Side Assistance (RSA) and tyre and alloys. The BMW recommends that RFT be replaced rather than repaired - even for punctures. However, take a commitment in writing that changing a tyre under BMW Secure will not impact your no-claim bonus.

The problem with BMW Secure that I recently faced is at the time of renewal. Even though I haven't made any claim during the first year, the BMW send me a quote for renewal where the premium for the insurance + Secure worked out to be nearly 30% more than the first, which is plain rediulous. Further the BMW flatly refuse to renew BMW Secure unless you take this ridiculously priced insurance from ICICI. Personally I feel this plain unethical and non-transparent. Needless to say that I ditched BMW and went with another insurer for a better coverage and saved myself Rs 50,000.

While on the topic of insurance, I should emphasize that you must check for the following:

a. Compresenhive zero dep
b. Return to invoice
c. Engine and gear-box protector
d. Tyre cover
e. Cover for Rat damage
f. Either NCB protect or a written assurance that NCB is not impacted for tyre replacement
g. Insurers generally provide RSA by default, but double check nevertheless.

When the dealer sees this list he'll try to sell their insurance plus BMW Secure. They should together not cost more 1.3 lakh. Otherwise the same cover is available from TATA AIG with cashless tie-up pan India with BMW. Ask for discount and it should be cheaper by at least 20k.

If all this together with all taxes are included within Rs 46 lakh then you are rolling. Take full advantage of the shock of demonetization. Their sales are down. They are desperate to sell the car in December.

Lastly don't forget to ask for a VIN numbers of the cars available in stock and check the data-base to ensure that the specific which you finally get was manufactured no earlier than four months from the date of purchase. Then physically inspect the car and get them to commit the VIN number to the invoice before you part with even with the booking amount.
Thanks for the clear list Sushil. I spoke to the sales guy, and told him he wasn't being upfront with me. Asked for a clean revised quote addressing these points, and that he should contact me only if he wants to play straight, or I shop across brands/dealers. Let's see how he responds.

Thanks again
Old 12th December 2016, 11:00   #6149
BHPian

Guys is it the right time to buy a vehicle? As it was in paper that IT officials are asking for details of those persons who are buying vehicles right now. I'm asking because the offers being given in cars are irresistible. So guys please give your suggestions.
Old 12th December 2016, 11:19   #6150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys is it the right time to buy a vehicle? As it was in paper that IT officials are asking for details of those persons who are buying vehicles right now. I'm asking because the offers being given in cars are irresistible. So guys please give your suggestions.
There is no problem if the money for the car is accounted for, or you are buying with a loan. As long as there is enough cushion in your ITR, the IT officials have no case.

Most Viewed