Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 20:01   #6166
BHPian

I was surprised at the deal as well, however, since we were finalising upon 2 cars maybe we managed to get a good deal and the dealer wanted to finish his stock (which as per him) was 2 cars.

Could be a load of crap, however, i did ensure that the model is a recent one and is a September 16 model.
Old 14th December 2016, 12:10   #6167
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi Guys! Wanted to share something, more like rant. Dealers still think that everyone who walks in there door is a newbie and have no clue about cars. Here is a classic example which I am facing. Funny thing is with it being year end and with the demonetization, there are dealers that still feel that they are kings. I'm based in Bombay and am currently in the process of finalizing an XUV500 W10 AT to be used at home for my kids. I've been chasing all the Bombay Mahindra dealers for the past 10 days to get a final quote. However to no avail. NBS in spite of being a company owned dealership was the worst of the lot. Took them 3 days and multiple phone calls for them to call me back. The most responsible of the lot was G3. Here is where it gets hilarious.After given them my complete requirement and telling them that I am a genuine buyer, give me the full and final negotiated rate so I can place my order. So after multiple calls. Here is what they offer me:

Ex Show Room : 17,43,057 ( Car is to be registered in Pen )
Insurance: 85,141
TCS @ 1% : 17,430
Then he tells me, Sir I will give you a discount of 53,000! This is where I lost my temper. Our preferred Insurance Company is Tata AIG. The quote from them: Rs47,000 odd!
After sharing this with them 2 days ago, still waiting for them to come back to me with a so called deal! This is really annoying! I don't understand as to why they can't sit across and negotiate and give a final number! Just thought I would share this experience with all of you. Will post an update once they finally decide to get back to me with the final figure. To those of you in the previous post's who have managed to get some good deals kudos to you.
ab500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 14:37   #6168
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4109127
Final deal coming to around Rs. 13.15 Lakhs OTR with Delhi registration including Zero Dep Insurance, RSA & Extended Warranty.
Just a quick update, closing the deal for silver Honda City CVT VX in an hour, final price received from one of the dealers based in Delhi was 13.01 (One thousand to avoid the figure of 13.00 )
This will include Zero Dep Insurance, RSA & Extended Warranty upto the 4th year.
Checked documents for the vehicle as well, car has been received at the dealership on 25th October 2016.

So anyone of you who is in the market for Honda City, you should negotiate for a total discount of close to INR 1 Lakh OTR, as the initial quote was 14.10 to me.

Happy to finally join the Honda club !!
Old 14th December 2016, 15:39   #6169
BHPian

Hey guys! I am shopping for a Jazz V CVT in Mysore. The lone dealer there has given me the following quote:

Ex Showroom Price - Rs. 8,44,550
Road Tax- Rs. 1,31,244
Insurance (after with 50% discount) - Rs. 11,391+5998 (add -on for zero depreciation)
Extended 3 year warranty - Rs. 7,268
Roadside assistance - Rs., 4,711
Standard accessory kit - free worth Rs. 3,035

Total on road price - Rs. 10,05,162
Total discount - Rs. 14,426

Is this a decent price? I think since he is the only dealer in Mysore he may not want to give me anything more. In that case can I consider buying it in Bangalore (where my brother lives) where competition between dealers can try and get more something more in terms of discounts?

I'm not in any particular hurry, but looking to book the car in early Jan '17.

Please give your feedback.
Old 14th December 2016, 16:59   #6170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
Hey guys! I am shopping for a Jazz V CVT in Mysore. The lone dealer there has given me the following quote:

Ex Showroom Price - Rs. 8,44,550
Road Tax- Rs. 1,31,244
Insurance (after with 50% discount) - Rs. 11,391+5998 (add -on for zero depreciation)
Extended 3 year warranty - Rs. 7,268
Roadside assistance - Rs., 4,711
Standard accessory kit - free worth Rs. 3,035

Total on road price - Rs. 10,05,162
Total discount - Rs. 14,426

Is this a decent price? I think since he is the only dealer in Mysore he may not want to give me anything more. In that case can I consider buying it in Bangalore (where my brother lives) where competition between dealers can try and get more something more in terms of discounts?

I'm not in any particular hurry, but looking to book the car in early Jan '17.

Please give your feedback.
What a coincidence, just got a call from Honda from Delhi mentioning ₹60,000 discounts all together as December offer and if needed they can ask dealer to call me. So I think you can get more, check Honda website for any common offer details
Old 14th December 2016, 18:28   #6171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
Will post an update once they finally decide to get back to me with the final figure. To those of you in the previous post's who have managed to get some good deals kudos to you.
Why not get in touch with a direct sales agent such as Addis Marketing? We have purchased 5 cars through them in the last 8 years and our experience with the Addis team has been pretty good.
Old 14th December 2016, 19:09   #6172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
What a coincidence, just got a call from Honda from Delhi mentioning ₹60,000 discounts all together as December offer and if needed they can ask dealer to call me. So I think you can get more, check Honda website for any common offer details
It looks like the Rs. 60,000 discounts are for 2015 models only. I think I will wait till Jan and try to get more quotes from dealers in Bangalore. I'm just hoping that Honda doesnt hike prices from Jan just like Tata and Hyundai have done. Looking at their sales numbers of late, I dont think they will!

Last edited by kaushik60 : 14th December 2016 at 19:11.
Old 14th December 2016, 19:23   #6173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
It looks like the Rs. 60,000 discounts are for 2015 models only. I think I will wait till Jan and try to get more quotes from dealers in Bangalore. I dont think they will!
They will hike the prices, that's for sure.

60k is currently offered on MY15 from Earlier 40k, but you also have to consider the fact that the prices have jumped 20k since April/May this year. So basically you are getting nothing from it.

I would suggest you to wait till January, then you can ask them the 2015 model for higher price if they exist or you can surely get the 2016 models at a higher price then current.

Overall, the Offers from Honda Cars does seem attractive, but when you factor thier prices, it just fades away.

Ex - Mobilio, despite its 2 lakh discount, it still is expensive at 14 lakhs on road.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 20:03   #6174
Distinguished - BHPian

The price increase trend continues, VW now announces a price hike effective Jan -17.

Quote:
VW is the latest of auto manufacturers to increase prices across its complete model range starting from January 2017. The revision will see prices being hiked by 3 per cent depending on the product and variant, and will also affect the new Ameo subcompact sedan that went on sale earlier this year.
Link
Old 14th December 2016, 21:10   #6175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
Hi Guys! Wanted to share something, more like rant.
I think you should contact Mahindra on Twitter or other social media and include Anand (?) in it. This is absolute bullshit and they need to learn a lesson. They might as well give you a pack of peanuts and call it a day.

Any reasons you are specific about the XUV? You could cross-shop across brands and models just to get a view of what's available.
Old 15th December 2016, 14:41   #6176
BHPian

Hello folks, I'm in the market for an Alto K10 AMT (O) as a second car. I'm getting a price of Rs. 466,019 OTR in Coimbatore. The price includes a Rs. 30K consumer offer for December and basic accessories. The insurance is B2B and zero dep. and premium is Rs. 17731.

Please advise if this is a good deal. Has anyone heard of a better offer on the K10? Thanks.
Old 15th December 2016, 14:51   #6177
Mtv
BHPian

When is a good time to buy new car in the near future with regards to discounts and better finance deals (especially with the current state of the economic affairs).

I almost bought Creta last week but decided to hold back unless better deals are coming.
Old 15th December 2016, 15:55   #6178
BHPian

Hyundai is increasing the prices from next month,Creta might go up by 30-40k depending on variant.Buy as soon as possible if it is creta.
west is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 16:12   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
When is a good time to buy new car in the near future with regards to discounts and better finance deals (especially with the current state of the economic affairs).

I almost bought Creta last week but decided to hold back unless better deals are coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Hyundai is increasing the prices from next month,Creta might go up by 30-40k depending on variant.Buy as soon as possible if it is creta.
If you are not worried about a 2016 manufactured vehicle and if you can wait till mid-end of Jan'17, you will get a better deal than now.

Hyundai may increase the price next month similar to other manufacturers. If so, a buyer would demand for a 2017 make vehicle for the new price rather than a 2016 make vehicle. This will result in better deals for the unsold 2016 vehicles.

Classic example is Honda offering unsold 2015 vehicles now at maximum discount.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 17:21   #6180
BHPian

All these offers and price reductions seems to be gimmik to me.

Few of our team-bhp forum memeber raised valuable points like -

1 - Exchange Bonus. Give exchange bonus of 40k and evaulate the old car 40k lesser to match the bonus.

2- Sell 2015 manufactured cars with 60k discounts and the actual rate of that car in 2015 was 60k lesser than the current market rate.
cdmanju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed