Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 18:35   #6181
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanju View Post
All these offers and price reductions seems to be gimmik to me.

Few of our team-bhp forum memeber raised valuable points like -

1 - Exchange Bonus. Give exchange bonus of 40k and evaulate the old car 40k lesser to match the bonus.

2- Sell 2015 manufactured cars with 60k discounts and the actual rate of that car in 2015 was 60k lesser than the current market rate.
These are the same reasons why I don't go for a car which has discounts. This is nothing but Marketing & Profitability in Business Terms

Why would one sell thier products at a loss for what they originally purchased. This is part & Parcel of business and companies like Honda enjoy it despite thier dwindling sales.
Old 15th December 2016, 21:31   #6182
BANNED

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi Guys, I am shopping for a BMW 3GT Luxury Line in Vijayawada. Dealer is Kun
The price quotation i received is as follows :
Ex Showroom Price - Rs. 46,81,800
Road Tax- Rs. 6,56,337
Insurance - Rs 2,42,582
HSRP-1000
TCS- 46818
CD-50000

Total on- road price - 5678537

The above price is for the pre facelift model and i am being offered a discount of 4 lakh rupees and my final quotation is for Rs 52,00,000.

Is this a good deal ? as the dealer is saying this is the best he could work out for me. He is the lone dealer of both telangana and Andhra pradesh.

So what do you say friends ?
Old 16th December 2016, 13:56   #6183
BHPian

When we thought that there would be pressure on sales, particularly in the premium segment- leading to discounts from manufacturers, it is surprising to note that Mercedes Benz has announced an increase in prices effective 1st Jan, 2017.

Anticipating reduction due to GST? Timing seems debatable, though.
Old 16th December 2016, 15:17   #6184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshu2016 View Post
Road Tax- Rs. 6,56,337
Insurance - Rs 2,42,582
HSRP-1000
TCS- 46818
CD-50000

The above price is for the pre facelift model and i am being offered a discount of 4 lakh rupees and my final quotation is for Rs 52,00,000.

Is this a good deal ? as the dealer is saying this is the best he could work out for me. He is the lone dealer of both telangana and Andhra pradesh.

4L for the new one or the pre-LCI? If the discount is 4L for the facelifeted GT then its a very good price. The pre-facelift one is available at a discount of 5.5L in Delhi.
Old 16th December 2016, 15:20   #6185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
When we thought that there would be pressure on sales, particularly in the premium segment- leading to discounts from manufacturers, it is surprising to note that Mercedes Benz has announced an increase in prices effective 1st Jan, 2017..
On the contrary, Hyundai has increased prices by 20k, and I have also got SMS's from dealers of 2 other manufacturers to book/buy before prices are increased soon.

Looks like it's Business as usual.
Old 16th December 2016, 15:36   #6186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Road Tax- Rs. 6,56,337
Insurance - Rs 2,42,582
HSRP-1000
TCS- 46818
CD-50000

What?!! That is an extremely poor deal, especially for the pre-facelift model. Most BHPins, who've purchased a beemer in the recent past have quoted discount in tune of 7-10 lakhs.

If I were you, I'd haggle real hard on this one. I wouldn't have been surprised if a dealer offered 10+ lakhs off on ex-showroom, a figure that should be target discount IMO.

Talk with a check book in hand. It helps.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 16th December 2016 at 15:38.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 19:56   #6187
BHPian

Quote:
Road Tax- Rs. 6,56,337
Insurance - Rs 2,42,582
HSRP-1000
TCS- 46818
CD-50000

My friend is also looking at the 3 GT luxury line model and KUN BMW (the only dealer in my state) is not offering more than 5 lakhs on the OTR price. The final cost works out to 53 lakhs and my dealer is not ready to negotiate further. I was told that there are offers on regular 3 series, 5 series and X3 - no BMW support for GT. I don't know how true is the dealer's claim, but it looks like KUN BMW is enjoying the monopoly out here.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 16th December 2016 at 19:58.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 22:02   #6188
BHPian

In the market to purchase a Duster.

Finalized the 85PS RXZ variant and got the final quote as 12.50 lacs OTR including zero dep insurance, RTO, TCS, etc. This is cash discount of Rs. 80,000 on ex-showroom price.

Is this a good deal or should I wait till January to squeeze out more benefits? I don't mind buying a 2016 model even in Jan since I intend to keep the vehicle for 5-7 years and the decision isn't driven by resale value primarily.
Old 17th December 2016, 00:18   #6189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
In the market to purchase a Duster.

Finalized the 85PS RXZ variant and got the final quote as 12.50 lacs OTR including zero dep insurance, RTO, TCS, etc. This is cash discount of Rs. 80,000 on ex-showroom price.

Is this a good deal or should I wait till January to squeeze out more benefits? I don't mind buying a 2016 model even in Jan since I intend to keep the vehicle for 5-7 years and the decision isn't driven by resale value primarily.
HI buddy. It's a good deal. In January there will be a price escalation happening and Duster might go up by upto 50k depending on variants. This is of course according to the dealer from whom I purchased mine today. Go with the deal now it's a good time to buy bro.
Old 18th December 2016, 11:42   #6190
BHPian

Hello,

I just purchased a Polo GT TSI from Ahmedabad, the on-road price being 10.33L (And I got it for a discount of 33K).

The SA has been hounding me for referrals, and there is a red GT TSI that is ready for delivery at the showroom. In case any T-BHPian is interested, I can get the same discount for you guys. Spread the word and let me know!
GTp0wer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 21:48   #6191
BHPian

Hi
For those interested. Got a message from Ford sales person that from Jan 1 onwards there's going to be two lakhs increase for Endeavour. He mentioned the price increase is going to be for both Trend and Titanium variants. I was thinking of making a decision in January. But this increase is putting in a state of fix. Any other relevant info anyone got? Btw I got this info from a Chennai dealer. Now I'm thinking about XUV 5oo or Innova crysta.

Last edited by sgmuser : 18th December 2016 at 21:50.
Old 19th December 2016, 14:03   #6192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

See if you can get the car from another state / dealer, and then do the registration yourself.
The 3GT pre-FL should have some amazing discounts on hand!

Speak to Infiniti BMW / Navnit BMW in Mumbai, drive and run in the car to hyderabad, and get an agent to do the registration.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:23   #6193
BHPian

A close family member has been working in GM-USA and lured me into trying for a Cruze stating that i would be getting a special employee relationship discount of Rs. 1.5 Lakhs over and above the current offers.

Even though Cruze is as good as in India now (no offense to the owners), still i did enquire about Cruze.

So, the car right now is coming with big discounts (as expected). I was quoted a price of 18.88 Lakhs OTR with Delhi registration, and managed to eek out another 90K discounts. Final quotations from 2 dealers of NCR was 17.90L OTR for Delhi registration.

The fun part was, i was told that employee relationship discount works a lil differently in this part of the world and the cost of the car if i intend to avail the employee relationship discount would be 18.2 OTR (Delhi registration).

Strange are the ways of GM India

Further correspondences with my brother who is in Engineering of GM USA revealed the actual Ex-Works cost of Cruze. This would not be the right place to mention those prices here, if anyone is interested in knowing ill be willing to share a screenshot of that price document that i received from my brother.

Edit: This was the LTZ AT model that i inquired about.
Old 19th December 2016, 14:40   #6194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Further correspondences with my brother who is in Engineering of GM USA revealed the actual Ex-Works cost of Cruze. This would not be the right place to mention those prices here, if anyone is interested in knowing ill be willing to share a screenshot of that price document that i received from my brother.

Edit: This was the LTZ AT model that i inquired about.
Dear Prodigyy,

Would you possibly know if they are offering any discounts on the base LT model?

Warm regards,
Arun Ramaswamy
Old 19th December 2016, 15:11   #6195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
See if you can get the car from another state / dealer, and then do the registration yourself.
The 3GT pre-FL should have some amazing discounts on hand!

Speak to Infiniti BMW / Navnit BMW in Mumbai, drive and run in the car to hyderabad, and get an agent to do the registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
My friend is also looking at the 3 GT luxury line model and KUN BMW (the only dealer in my state) is not offering more than 5 lakhs on the OTR price. The final cost works out to 53 lakhs and my dealer is not ready to negotiate further. I was told that there are offers on regular 3 series, 5 series and X3 - no BMW support for GT. I don't know how true is the dealer's claim, but it looks like KUN BMW is enjoying the monopoly out here.
The GT pre-LCI has very limited pieces left available at the plant. And apparently the demand is fairly good so they are not offering any major deals on it per se. I have been negotiating hard for it for the past 2 months yet the dealer in Delhi is unwilling to go beyond 6L on the pre-LCI. I spooke with the dealer in Hyd as well, and they have rather poor discounts on all cars. The 5-series is available for close to 12 Lacs off the ex-showroom, whereas in Hyd the dealer is unwilling to budge beyond 5L.

I spoke to a friend who works with BMW India (the company, not the dealership), and he verified that there isn't much of a discount on the GT pre-LCI or LCI.

Anyways, I have decided to go ahead with the 320d Luxury Line since it has a newer engine now, and booked it earlier today. Imperial Blue with Saddle Brown interiors.
rowhun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed