Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2016, 09:56   #6211
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Thanks for the update man. We are also in the market to purchase an automatic sedan in Hyderabad. Haven't had much success on getting discounts on AMEO.

I already own a Rapid DSG in Pune, so we are not keen on getting one more RAPID in Hyderabad. Also RAPID prices have gone up compared to the previous model. Same is the case for Vento. Ameo is looking VFM but the dealer is not budging on any discounts.
Honda City is up for a facelift and heard of very poor mileage by City CVT.

I think we will go with AMEO in the next year. Keep me posted on your search as well.
Sure, Please do let me know you find any good offers.

Regarding the Ameo: Yes, I too liked the vehicle and it comes with all the bells and whistles which puts Rapid & Vento to shame . If you zeroed down to Ameo, may be I can help as my SA offered 11 lakhs OTR(10-15k discount I guess) with some freebies like Car Seats, Mats etc. If you want please DM your number, I will pass it on to the SA. He is very nice chap, he brought car twice to my home all the way from Tirumalagiri. When I said HM feels the car is cramped at the back, he was willing to bring car to home again.

Happy hunting. Mine is very stressful .
Old 28th December 2016, 15:12   #6212
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Skoda superb also seems to have this buy now pay in 2018 scheme, which is surprising since it is a newly released car.
Any idea as to how this scheme works exactly?
Old 28th December 2016, 16:49   #6213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
Any idea as to how this scheme works exactly?
As per my knowledge, your EMI will start in Jan 2018, BUT which will include the interest accumulated in entire year of 2017 + the total loan. So for eg. your loan is 10 Lakhs, and interest on that amount for 2017 is suppose 1 lakh, then your EMI will start in 2018 which will be based on 11 Lakhs.
Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 28th December 2016, 19:38   #6214
Senior - BHPian

Most manufacturers offer year end discounts. Discounts continue into the new year till the previous year model are sold out. Now we are all aware that it's a good time to buy but we are also aware that when selling it is considered a year older. A December 2016 manufactured car will be considered 1 year older than a January 2017 car and this affects the resale. We all know this, nothing new. So why am I posting this?
What I want to know is how much discount (%age of the OTR price) is required to offset the loss incurred while selling the car after 5 years.
Old 28th December 2016, 19:44   #6215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Most manufacturers offer year end discounts. Discounts continue into the new year till the previous year model are sold out. Now we are all aware that it's a good time to buy but we are also aware that when selling it is considered a year older. A December 2016 manufactured car will be considered 1 year older than a January 2017 car and this affects the resale. We all know this, nothing new. So why am I posting this?
What I want to know is how much discount (%age of the OTR price) is required to offset the loss incurred while selling the car after 5 years.
It is simple, check the prices of 5 year and 6 year old cars that you want to buy on the net. That will give you an idea of the difference. As the number of second hand vehicle in the market increase and with the Government trying to ensure digital payments, I expect the prices of old cars to be depressed further, compared to now, so keep that also in mind.
Old 30th December 2016, 12:50   #6216
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone negotiated on the 520d this month? Whats the max discounted ex-showroom?
Old 30th December 2016, 14:31   #6217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Anyone negotiated on the 520d this month? Whats the max discounted ex-showroom?
No but i can tell you that the discounts are unbelievable in the X5. Close to 20% off OTR prices. Secondly, any dealer in India can sell anywhere in India, at least for this month. So there is intense competition. Mumbai dealer is selling in B'lore as per the rant of one dealer.
Old 30th December 2016, 18:56   #6218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
No but i can tell you that the discounts are unbelievable in the X5. Close to 20% off OTR prices. Secondly, any dealer in India can sell anywhere in India, at least for this month. So there is intense competition. Mumbai dealer is selling in B'lore as per the rant of one dealer.

Yes they can sell anywhere in india. A friend enquired for the 530d in Kolkata and discounts were not more than 2-3 lakhs. They claimed that they don't have any cars in Stock and they requested my friend to get the car from Mumbai.
Old 30th December 2016, 19:52   #6219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Close to 20% off OTR prices.
It means you are getting close to 18 Lac off? on Road Prices for X5 - Mid model is close to 90 Lac if I am not mistaken. Up here in North Discounts are more like 7-8 Lac.
Old 30th December 2016, 19:57   #6220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It means you are getting close to 18 Lac off? on Road Prices for X5 - Mid model is close to 90 Lac if I am not mistaken. Up here in North Discounts are more like 7-8 Lac.
Here the PDE variant costs a little over Rs 88 lacs. And you can pick up one for around Rs 73 lacs. You can knock off another Rs 1.5 lacs if you reside outside municipal limits. But you would get the 18" alloys and not the 19" and the media player would not be fully interactive as in the latest models. Can live with those, i suppose.
edit: These would be for corporate buyers with individual registration.

Last edited by earthian : 30th December 2016 at 19:58. Reason: added edit
Old 30th December 2016, 20:14   #6221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here the PDE variant costs a little over Rs 88 lacs
Quote:
But you would get the 18" alloys and not the 19" and the media player would not be fully interactive as in the latest models.
Are you referring to DPE or the Basic Expedition? DPE comes with 19" and also have iDrive with NAV & HDD besides they have changed MID since past month or so to fully digital.
Old 30th December 2016, 20:28   #6222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Are you referring to DPE or the Basic Expedition? DPE comes with 19" and also have iDrive with NAV & HDD besides they have changed MID since past month or so to fully digital.
Sorry. I am referring to the DPE. Got that mixed up. Not the basic expedition. i understand that there are some X5, DPE cars with 18 alloys and a semi digital MID. Rest common.
Old 31st December 2016, 12:11   #6223
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki likely to increase prices citing price hike in raw material, steep discounts in the past months and a weakened rupee,

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-111.jpg

Link
Old 8th January 2017, 21:10   #6224
BHPian

Hi guys.

I am planing to buy i20 Elite Asta (o) and was checking for discounts on 2016 model .. They are offering me following ..

OTR - 10,80,000

Exchange bonus - 20,000
Company discount - 10,000
Dealer discount - 10,000
-----------------------------
Total - 40,000
----------------------------
Final OTR - 10,40,000
+
Accessories - 10,000

My 2009 Swift VDI with odo 91K is offered 2,70,000 ..

Please suggest me if this is a good deal. .

-Sanju
Old 8th January 2017, 22:25   #6225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Hi guys.

I am planing to buy i20 Elite Asta (o) and was checking for discounts on 2016 model .. They are offering me following ..

OTR - 10,80,000

Exchange bonus - 20,000
Company discount - 10,000
Dealer discount - 10,000
-----------------------------
Total - 40,000
That's hardly a discount for the 2016 model. Which month is its make? I'd rather take a 2017 model considering the better resale I can fetch. As for the Swift's value, please do check on carwale & also a couple of other dealers and negotiate based on it. It cant be as good as carwale prices, but you get a drift.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks