Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2017, 16:32   #6241
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I went to the Renault Showroom at Gurgaon. Duster AWD 2016 still has 1 Lakh discounts being offered (However, I was told that they are out of all 2016 model stock of Duster AWD).

Also test drove the humble Lodgy Stepway. Only discount being offered was INR 20,000 + INR 7,000 (corporate discount). The discount is same for both 2016 as well as for 2017 models. Is this enough or could I push for more?
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:35   #6242
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Is anybody aware of any offers running on S-Cross DDiS 200 Zeta in Bangalore?
I have been offered 20K cash discount and 9.5K worth of standard accessories free for 2016 model, for 2017 model there are no discounts.

Current on road Price of DDiS 200 Zeta is 11.94L

Last edited by .sourov : 23rd January 2017 at 14:35. Reason: spelling
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:59   #6243
BHPian

I have booked a grand i10 sports variant in Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. I am offered 20 k cash discount and 20k exchange bonus and another 15k discount. The car is a 2016 Nov model. Is this correct or should I haggle for more ?

Edit : free insurance too.

Last edited by sairamboko : 23rd January 2017 at 19:08.
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:09   #6244
BHPian

My cousin is being offered a 2015 Feb Jetta Highline AT Diesel for 19.67l including road tax and insurance. They are offering 2 years extended warranty for 70k and it is not included the 19.67l offer price. Is that a good offer and can I have some recommendations on what aspects to bargain on please.
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:11   #6245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have booked a grand i10 sports variant in Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. I am offered 20 k cash discount and 20k exchange bonus and another 15k discount. The car is a 2016 Nov model. Is this correct or should I haggle for more ?
Definitely more, Sir!

Since, it's a 2016 model, firstly you should asked bill to be at 2016 prices i.e at pre-price increase prices. Secondly, since a refreshed version is expected next month, dealers will be in a lot of pressure to get rid of old stocks, haggling for more surely will help you.

Additionally, according to this link --> http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=list&Itemid=9 even the insurance should be free
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:50   #6246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Definitely more, Sir!

Since, it's a 2016 model, firstly you should asked bill to be at 2016 prices i.e at pre-price increase prices. Secondly, since a refreshed version is expected next month, dealers will be in a lot of pressure to get rid of old stocks, haggling for more surely will help you.

Additionally, according to this link --> http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=list&Itemid=9 even the insurance should be free
Hi sir, yes I got what's listed in the link - insurance free and other offers also.
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:33   #6247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi sir, yes I got what's listed in the link - insurance free and other offers also.
Ah, I think I missed the edited part. That additional 15k discount you're getting is basically the price Hike which the car went through in 2017. I still believe you can haggle for more. Remember, he is far more desperate to get rid of that car from his stockyard.

Hope that helps. Cheers!
Old 24th January 2017, 03:34   #6248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Now my queries are :-
Are handling charges legal?
I think the handling charge is not legal. If you look in the hot threads sections in tbhp website you will find a thread that details how a guy fought a legal battle with Hyundai with regards to the handling fee.
Old 26th January 2017, 13:50   #6249
BHPian

I am looking at Honda City 2017 mfd (but NOT the facelift), petrol V variant manual transmission.

The salesman is quoting 11.3L OTR in Bangalore (after free insurance, company/employer discount, dealer discount, Honda discount, etc).

Is this the best I can expect or should I be persistent and try for something better? Let me know.

His breakup:
11.88L OTR per price sheet - 27K free insurance - 5K corporate discount - 15K Honda discount - 10K accessory discount (which is actually 10K worth free accessories but he said he might be able to give it as cash discount)

Btw, its a new dealership Sapphire Honda, and its their first foray into cars.

I was hoping a more attractive price, knowing that:
- City sales have taken a severe beating wrt Ciaz
- Dealer and Honda would want to clear the pre-facelift models
- Demonetization has slowed sales from what I had read in the news
Old 26th January 2017, 14:43   #6250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I am looking at Honda City 2017 mfd (but NOT the facelift), petrol V variant manual transmission.
The discounts will scale up once the facelift is officially launched. You could gamble and wait for a month or so for that; although your choices for the variant and color might get very limited depending on the available stock.
Old 26th January 2017, 23:50   #6251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

The salesman is quoting 11.3L OTR in Bangalore (after free insurance, company/employer discount, dealer discount, Honda discount, etc).

Is this the best I can expect or should I be persistent and try for something better? Let me know.
Did you check with any other dealers? If you are in need of this car sooner, then this looks like a fair deal for a 2017 manufactured vehicle.

If you can wait till the launch of the facelift, you may get even better deal based on the stock availability.

Looking at the offers on table, guess the facelift launch is nearing.

Any idea on offers for VX and VX(O) petrol variants?
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 09:52   #6252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasZach View Post
My cousin is being offered a 2015 Feb Jetta Highline AT Diesel for 19.67l including road tax and insurance. They are offering 2 years extended warranty for 70k and it is not included the 19.67l offer price. Is that a good offer and can I have some recommendations on what aspects to bargain on please.
This looks to be a steal to me. When I enquired in Pune about a month back, the sales person said that they had only confortline manual in stock with a manufacturing date of November 2015. He offerred me around 1.4 lakh discount and with that the onroad price was coming to around 20 lakhs. In your case, the dealer has offered you a 2015 highline TDI at around 19 lakhs where the new vehicle cost is 25+ lakhs in Pune. So, the discount is around 6 lakh which is great in my opinion. If it is a brand new car (and not a old TD car), its a very good price. The extended warranty cost is around 45K, so you can negotiate further.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 14:03   #6253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Did you check with any other dealers? If you are in need of this car sooner, then this looks like a fair deal for a 2017 manufactured vehicle.

If you can wait till the launch of the facelift, you may get even better deal based on the stock availability.

Looking at the offers on table, guess the facelift launch is nearing.

Any idea on offers for VX and VX(O) petrol variants?
I am checking with 3 dealers. For a Jan 2017 mfd pre-facelift City VMT petrol model I am willing to go till an OTR price of 10.7L at-most. Have conveyed them this limit of mine, which I think is reasonable in the present market situation, what with City taking a beating at the hands of the Ciaz, demonetization taking its toll, etc. I am willing to wait it out now for a salesman to call me back with a favorable deal. One salesman did call me back and said he can meet this price but it wasn't the color I wanted, so I refused.

I hope the auto loan interest rates fall too, esp after budget.

I dont know about VX and VX(O).

Last edited by vharihar : 27th January 2017 at 14:05.
Old 28th January 2017, 12:44   #6254
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki hikes car prices by up to Rs. 8,014

Maruti Suzuki has announced a price hike across its model line-up. This price hike, ranging from Rs. 1,500 to Rs. 8,014 (ex-showroom Delhi), is applicable on cars sold through both - Maruti Suzuki and Nexa dealerships. The recently launched Ignis hasn't been affected by the hike.

While entry-level models like the Maruti Alto and WagonR get a price hike of Rs. 1,500, the Baleno sees a price increase of Rs. 8,014. Post this hike, the updated price range of the Baleno is Rs. 5.28 lakh to Rs. 8.44 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new prices have been made applicable from January 27, 2017.

It may be noted that while all other automakers hiked car prices from January 1, Maruti's price rise announcement comes in nearly a month later. The company has suggested that the hike is a result of an increase in commodity, transportation and administrative costs.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 28th January 2017 at 12:46.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 16:03   #6255
BHPian

A new dealership showroom has opened near my place, along with a service center. Looks very good. But its their first foray into cars. They were into 2 wheelers till now.

I am in the market for a new car.

Is it a good idea to buy and service from this new dealership?

Or ok to buy from here but better to get serviced elsewhere (out of concerns of teething troubles, unstable service processes, inexperienced service staff, etc)? Or is it all needless paranoia?

Thoughts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks