Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2017, 17:20   #6256
BHPian

Does anyone know of discounts that can be had on pre-facelift City petrol E/ S variants in Delhi NCR? I was offered free insurance and ₹45,000 cash discount on an SV petrol variant but it's still working out a fair bit more than our budget.
Old 28th January 2017, 19:35   #6257
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
A new dealership showroom has opened near my place, along with a service center. Looks very good. But its their first foray into cars. They were into 2 wheelers till now.

I am in the market for a new car.

Is it a good idea to buy and service from this new dealership?

Or ok to buy from here but better to get serviced elsewhere (out of concerns of teething troubles, unstable service processes, inexperienced service staff, etc)? Or is it all needless paranoia?

Thoughts?
Needless paranoia. Doesn't matter where you buy from, as long as you do PDI and check the VIN number for time of manufacturing.

I remember when I bought my scooter, it was having 6 months waiting everywhere. But luckily I found a new dealer and he could give me a fresh piece only 15 days later. So no problem in buying from anywhere as long as you are getting good service.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 20:08   #6258
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi
I am finally settling for this..

Car = i20 Asta (O) diesel , 2017 make
VIN = MALBM51RLHM343891
OTR Pune = 10.84L - exchange - 20K - cash 14K cash = 10.50L

My old swift VDI 2009 Odo 92K run was offered 3 Lakh, which was good compared to other dealers who were quoting 2.8 max.

thanks swiftnfurious for all your advice.

Although I consider 20K exchange bonus SA says there is no exchange bonus applicable on 2017 model and it is cash discount. What is the best way to find out how exactly it is done? the Hyundai ad clearly says exchange only on 2016 model, so is SA right?

Last edited by sanjubaba : 28th January 2017 at 20:20.
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 21:06   #6259
BHPian

I took a very long test drive of both BRV Petrol and Creta Petrol today and I must say that Creta felt a lot more refined and better build that BRV which is a bit of a surprise.

Having driven High Torque Diesels for years and then trying out these SUV's I still feel Diesels can teach these high tech Petrol's a lesson or too in terms of drive-ability.

BRV 2016 has a jaw dropping 1-1.2 Lacs Off and Creta 2016 has about 25000 Knocked off from Ex Showroom which makes buying BRV a lot more exciting but I dont think it will be able to command a resale like Creta in the long run considering I wish to hold my new purchase for atleast 7 years.

Still to consider XUV 5OO 2017 Hybrid just in case there is a price drop of 1.5 Lacs due to lower Excise.

I would require expert recommendations for a budget of 10-12 Max.

Cheers.
Old 29th January 2017, 23:15   #6260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
...What is the best way to find out how exactly it is done? the Hyundai ad clearly says exchange only on 2016 model, so is SA right?
The easiest way to check this is to call up other dealers and check on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
I took a very long test drive of both BRV Petrol and Creta Petrol today and I must say that Creta felt a lot more refined and better build that BRV which is a bit of a surprise...

BRV 2016 has a jaw dropping 1-1.2 Lacs Off...I dont think it will be able to command a resale like Creta in the long run considering I wish to hold my new purchase for atleast 7 years...
Purely from a petrol engine perspective, I'll pick a Honda over a Hyundai. Hyundai petrols are quite refined, but I doubt it can match a Vtec! Creta diesel may hold the re-sale value 7 years down the line, the petrol variant most likely will not. Since BR-V is a flop, the re-sale may not be good, but you'll still get that bit of advantage with the V-tec.
Old 30th January 2017, 07:51   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The easiest way to check this is to call up other dealers and check on this.

Purely from a petrol engine perspective, I'll pick a Honda over a Hyundai. Hyundai petrols are quite refined, but I doubt it can match a Vtec! Creta diesel may hold the re-sale value 7 years down the line, the petrol variant most likely will not. Since BR-V is a flop, the re-sale may not be good, but you'll still get that bit of advantage with the V-tec.
With uncertainty over Diesels and so much regulation don't you think the petrol ones are worth it considering more than a lac difference in both BRV and Creta petrol vs Diesel.

I already have a Figo 1.4 Diesel which is a treat to drive so now I wish to try a petrol vehicle.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:33   #6262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Does anyone know of discounts that can be had on pre-facelift City petrol E/ S variants in Delhi NCR? I was offered free insurance and ₹45,000 cash discount on an SV petrol variant but it's still working out a fair bit more than our budget.
Is this the 2016 model you are talking about here or a 2017 manufactured car ??
I got a discount of Rs. 1.05 Lakhs which included free insurance. So effectively i could manage to bargain for a close to Rs. 60K cash discount on an October 2016 manufactured vehicle which i booked in December 2016.
Maybe you should bargain for another 20-30K if this is a 2016 manufactured one.
Old 30th January 2017, 13:07   #6263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Is this the 2016 model you are talking about here or a 2017 manufactured car ??
I got a discount of Rs. 1.05 Lakhs which included free insurance. So effectively i could manage to bargain for a close to Rs. 60K cash discount on an October 2016 manufactured vehicle which i booked in December 2016.
Maybe you should bargain for another 20-30K if this is a 2016 manufactured one.
This was for a 2017 manufactured car. The 2016 SV MT petrol at Samara had a discount of 1.05L but only one car and that too White, same as you just mentioned. I have gone ahead and booked a Ciaz.
Old 31st January 2017, 18:29   #6264
BANNED

I inquired about the prices of a Ciaz Zdi SHVS in Suraksha Motors, Bangalore.
They are offering a total discount of 60,000 on the on-road price of 12,00,000 INR as 40,000 exchange bonus, 10,000 corporate bonus and 10,000 consumer offer.

I am wondering if it makes sense for a buyer to book a Ciaz now or wait for the facelift.
Advantages of waiting will be a better resale value and also a car that is current in terms of design though the changes would be minor
Disadvantages of waiting will be higher price on Ciaz if/when it moves to Nexa and no discounts like the ones being offered now

Other Ciaz prospective buyers, what are your experiences on discounts for the Ciaz? And are you waiting or booking now?

I am confused between Ciaz Zdi and S-scoss 1.3 Zeta. Will be talking to the Nexa folks on the pricing for S-cross in BLR
Old 1st February 2017, 14:27   #6265

Hello,

I am in the market for a Mahindra E2O or E2Oplus electric car.
Is anybody aware of any offers running on these in Bangalore ?

Warmest Regards,
Old 1st February 2017, 22:03   #6266
BHPian

I am in the market and looking at the 2017 Nissan Sunny CVT (Petrol). The only discounts being offered are Insurance (~42k), exchange bonus (30k) and corporate discount (10k).

Anyone else aware of good deals on the car?
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:41   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
2017 Nissan Sunny CVT (Petrol). The only discounts being offered are Insurance (~42k), exchange bonus (30k) and corporate discount (10k).
Anyone else aware of good deals on the car?
For a car that barely sells, those discounts surely are way too low for comfort levels. There is nearly more than Rs. 100K discount on a 2017 manufactured Honda City (CVT) & close to 90-100K discount on a 2017 Ciaz AT.

For the Nisaan Sunny (CVT) I am quite sure, if you bargain with the cheque book in hand, those discounts of 82K can shoot up by at least 40-50%.
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:25   #6268
BHPian

Hi, can you confirm if discounts on City and Ciaz are indeed in that range as I might be interested in picking up one.
Old 4th February 2017, 12:33   #6269
BHPian

I tried going to Pride Honda (Miyapur, Hyderabad). They have a few 2016 SV MTs in stock, but the discounts aren't close to a lakh. They're pretty decent though, and on carwale while the price shows 11.1L for Hyderabad, they were offering at 10.65L (including free insurance etc). Though good, I think the discount could have been better for a 2016 Dec car (they're offering only free insurance for the 2017 mfg ones).

However given that the launch is so close, I am still waiting it out. There's a chance that Honda may not price the new one way beyond the current prices due to the heat from Ciaz, and even if the new one is, say 11.2L, it might be way better in terms of resale value.

Did anyone get better discounts (should I bargain more)?
Old 7th February 2017, 18:09   #6270
BHPian

In market for Wagon R. 2016 model ( abs, amt and airbags ) vxi (o) amt . Dealer is offering 30k discount + 5 k corporate discount and 25k exchange bonus in list price of 6.5 lakhs on road price. I am sure, he will come down further. Any advice on how much more I can negotiate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks