Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 16:34   #6346
BHPian

Toyota hikes prices of Fortuner, Innova Crysta by up to 2 per cent

"Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has increased prices of its best-selling models Innova Crysta and Fortuner by up to 2 per cent with effect from May.

The company has taken the step due to rising commodity prices although it has not hiked prices of other models it sells in India"

Wondering why the rising commodity prices are not affecting the other models !

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-cent/58499833

Last edited by LionX : 8th May 2017 at 16:46. Reason: url
Old 8th May 2017, 16:46   #6347
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota hikes prices of Fortuner, Innova Crysta by up to 2 per cent

Quote:
Wondering why the rising commodity prices are not affecting the other models !
INR has got stronger in past few weeks and I don't think there is any increase in costs of any components either. On the contrary, most of Auto OEM's have given a target to their vendors for reduction of 6-10 % on account of GST.

It's only greed of Toyota that they are increasing pricing of products that customers patronise maximum. No wonder they can afford this increase as they are aware customers will continue to buy these two products due to limited competition.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th May 2017 at 16:47.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 06:53   #6348
Senior - BHPian

Well! This was expected isn't it? This is the Toyota business plan for India. How else will you protect the resale value for existing customers unless you raise it from time to time?

Its really incredible and quite amusing to see a vehicle which has increased the price by almost 50% in 8 years is selling almost double each month in the Fortuner.

The fact is that resale value is one of the biggest parameters behind a buying decision in our country. Remove that factor and many a cars here will fall flat.

A friend who closely tracks Toyota tells me this hike now is also to do with the impending GST rules. Toyota has just given themselves a bit more room or bottom line to play with if the price does drop as rumored for the big UVs.
Old 9th May 2017, 08:04   #6349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
A friend who closely tracks Toyota tells me this hike now is also to do with the impending GST rules. Toyota has just given themselves a bit more room or bottom line to play with if the price does drop as rumored for the big UVs.
This price hike is more of a greed and milking the volume drivers. I wonder how the Etios twins, Corolla, Camry and its other SUVs are not impacted at all. Even if there is a benefit due to the GST implementation, I expect Toyota to absorb and adjust he prices to ensure the price remains at the current hiked levels. It is amazing how the buyers still line up to buy these even after the hike in prices of an overpriced product.
Old 9th May 2017, 08:06   #6350
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Toyota hikes prices of Fortuner, Innova Crysta by up to 2 per cent

Seriously.
India must be one of the biggest cash cows for Toyota Corp.
The Innova when it launched in 2005, used to cost about 8 lacs or 10 lacs ish.
Now albeit the upgraded version costs close to 30 lacs.
What circumstance can possibly justify a 3 or 4 fold increase in price for this vehicle over the last 12 years-its almost like its price literally doubles every 3-4 years!
I wonder why Honda doesnt bring in the Odyssey and give the Innova some competition instead of fooling around with the BRV and suchlike!
Poor old Mahindra Xylo - I really thought, in 2009, that it would give the Innova some competition. But it is such a bad vehicle in comparison that it wont even land in the consideration set of an Innova buyer!

The Fortuner. Now thats a lovely big bad monster, but paying 30-32 lacs for what is essentially a Hilux pickup truck with a few creature comforts goes completely against the grain for me.

The saddest thing for us Indians is that both these are priced quite cheaply in our neighbouring countries, making them decent value for money offerings!
So notwithstanding the fact that both these vehicles are literally Made in India and specifically Made in Bangalore, the poor Indian and specifically the Bangalorean probably pays the highest price for these!
Ridiculous state of affairs indeed!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th May 2017 at 08:08.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 10:13   #6351
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The biggest thing is Toyota's audacity to parrot the same script over and over again.
It doesn't matter whether the comodities are taking a beating or the rupee is strengthening, they just say one line "rising input prices" to increase their prices.

I wonder how only Innova and Fortuner have been effected by commodity prices and not any other car in their portfolio?

But what ever we say, they are not going to care one bit. Their sales are strong, we Indians having herd mentality would keep on buying them.

Those of us who dare to venture into local or more value for money brands, become butt of jokes and victims of poor resale value.

I sincerely hope that TATA does well with Hexa and their upcoming premium SUV. I wish that companies like Suzuki, Honda, Mahindra, Jeep etc also enter that segment and beat the daylights out of Toyota. Suzuki is at the top in almost all the segments it's operating in, steadily growing in premium segment and has the potential and resources to take the fight to Toyota.
Old 9th May 2017, 14:27   #6352
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Has anyone called and checked this offer?

Attachment 1636779

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

Drive home the all new Volkswagen Vento Highline TSI at Rs.9.88 Lakhs*.

Introducing the luxurious and thoughtful Vento with 7-speed automatic DSG transmission now made available at the price of a manual transmission. All of this along with features like a powerful 1.5L TDI or 1.2 TSI engine, steering wheel with audio controls, amazing touch screen infotainment system, cruise control, and many more.

Regards.
I don't know why they keep giving out this ad ! The offer is only for 2016 made cars and not a single dealer in Bangalore is left with a Vento TSI of 2016 make. So it is pretty useless ad other than bringing some calls to dealers. If this is available in Bangalore, I would be driving a Vento TSI by now. I am in market for a sedan and Vento TSI blew my heart away, after a test drive. I was planning for Highline but now they have only Highline Plus with some added features like LED headlights, rain sensing wipers etc. The OTR price in Bangalore is about 15.6, which was beyond my budget. The Comfortline is at 13.3 and I find many features missing in that, for the price.

So, a 2016 Vento TSI at this price is something I am keen to pick up, but alas, it is only a mirage

PS : I booked a Honda City V MT as a safe choice and then comes their price increase which makes it about 60K costlier in Bangalore due to the higher road tax for cars above 10 lakhs ex showroom price. The hike for this model from Honda was only 12,797, bu the net effect on Bangalore buyers is a whopping 60 K
Old 9th May 2017, 15:33   #6353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I am in market for a sedan and Vento TSI blew my heart away, after a test drive. I was planning for Highline but now they have only Highline Plus with some added features like LED headlights, rain sensing wipers etc. The OTR price in Bangalore is about 15.6
Did you check with dealers in Bangalore about discounts on offer on highline plus tsi. One of the dealer in mumbai is offering 90k discount on highline plus. This is all over a single telephonic conversation, so one can assume to get more discount on the same.
Old 9th May 2017, 15:34   #6354
BANNED

It's funny people are up in arms against Toyota. There is some reason people pay a premium for Innova and Fortuner in India, they have a perceived value and Toyota will get away with it till they price it around the perceived value.

People flock to branded products, because of the same reason, the manufacturers are playing the mind game. After all Toyota is not indulging in a charitable work. They have to show a higher ROCE every year. It all boils down to the buyers mind, how much is he willing to pay for anything. If the majority thinks a product is overpriced, it won't sell! Toyota has a competitive MOAT in case of Innova and Fortuner. Till some other manufacturer cracks the segment, Toyota will cash in on the twins.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 16:05   #6355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I don't know why they keep giving out this ad ! The offer is only for 2016 made cars and not a single dealer in Bangalore is left with a Vento TSI of 2016 make. So it is pretty useless ad other than bringing some calls to dealers.
This offer is on 2017 cars as told to me by 2 Delhi NCR dealers.
Old 9th May 2017, 16:06   #6356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Did you check with dealers in Bangalore about discounts on offer on highline plus tsi. One of the dealer in mumbai is offering 90k discount on highline plus. This is all over a single telephonic conversation, so one can assume to get more discount on the same.
I asked 2 dealers in Bangalore and both of them were not offering any discount. Test drive was done at Elite VW, Hosur road and I came out with a feeling that SA is not keen to sell the car ! Typical VW attitude. They didn't care to even call me after test drive, for 2 weeks ! Even when they called, it was a just a casual inquiry about whether I plan to book.

I am not surprised VW sells low numbers despite making some of the best cars. It is not just the price and cost of ownership that puts off people..It is the attitude of dealers.
Old 10th May 2017, 06:25   #6357
BHPian

I am in market for maruti ertiga petrol/diesel mostly zxi/zdi model in Bangalore. Anyone knows of good offers available? The only one which i have got now is a exchange bonus of 30000...
Old 10th May 2017, 12:42   #6358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
I am in market for maruti ertiga petrol/diesel mostly zxi/zdi model in Bangalore. Anyone knows of good offers available? The only one which i have got now is a exchange bonus of 30000...
If you are into used cars, please check the market for a petrol ertiga. It has a poor resale, not a fast mover. You could get a sparingly used 2 years old Zxi under 7 lakhs.
For the new cars, I suppose there is a consumer offer(excluding exchange bonus) of 5k on the petrol, 15-20k on the diesel in Hyderabad.
Old 10th May 2017, 16:28   #6359
BHPian

Hi, I am currently looking to replace my skoda Laura with the octavia in delhi ncr any one know of any offers/discounts available as the facelift is around the corner?
Old 10th May 2017, 18:09   #6360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post

*Disclaimer: the torque on 1.6 ddis and vento TDI often spoil people silly. As they say, absolutely power corrupts absolutely
Well I agree and hence I have finalized to choose between Vento or Rapid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks