Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 18:25   #6361
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Then go for Vento. Grab that discount with both the hands and books it before stupid mind attempts a coup against heart.

It's a fabulous car and you'll enjoy every moment of the drive.
Old 10th May 2017, 21:50   #6362
BHPian

The attitude at car dealerships is amazing these days. Called NBS International about booking the XUV500 AT. No call back, not interested in selling. Tata Motors with the Hexa same attitude. Finally went and booked the Creta Diesel Automatic. I don't even why they bother being in business. Maruti and Hyundai seem to have the only proactive sales people.
Old 16th May 2017, 15:40   #6363
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The attitude at car dealerships is amazing these days. Called NBS International about booking the XUV500 AT. No call back, not interested in selling. Tata Motors with the Hexa same attitude. Finally went and booked the Creta Diesel Automatic. I don't even why they bother being in business. Maruti and Hyundai seem to have the only proactive sales people.
I thought this feeling was with me only. Maruti dealerships also seems to be in the same path. I put a test drive request on maruti website for brezza one and a half months ago. Promptly, i got a call from maruti the next day. They inquired about my location and suggested the nearest dealer Popular Maruti.

Maruti executive also confirmed that my enquiry is being forwarded to the dealership and i will get a call from them soon. One week passed and nothing happened. I got a followup call from maruti and i informed that i haven't received any communication from the dealership. They gave an apology and ensured that i will get the call immediately. Again one week passed without any communication from dealership. I got the followup call again from maruti and at that time, i asked them "If your sales support is like this, how could i depend your after sales support?". Got apologies again and got another assurance that i will get the dealership call immediately. I even requested to them to provide my enquiry to another dealership (I could directly call the dealership and get a test drive. But i thought, if my enquiry is routed through maruti, i will get a prompt service!. More over, i need to know how things will go like this?).

Anyway i got a call from the dealership next day and scheduled the test drive. Due to the unavailability of the test drive vehicle, it was rescheduled 4 times. Finally i got the test drive, but no price list, no brochures, no sales executives!. The one who came with the car was not a sales executive, he is the one who transports the test drive vehicle from one location to another. Anyway, he know the prices and options in each variant. That's all. Now its more than a month after i took the test drive. I got a couple of followup calls from the dealership and i asked them to provide a price list and brochure. They agreed to send it to me and nothing happened yet. Surprisingly, no follow up calls from Maruti or the dealership after that.

Since i haven't received any response, just to know whether this is across the dealership, i put another test drive request with another number and during the dealership selection, i suggested Indus. Got the assurance and believe me, i haven't got a call from this dealership as well. Anyway, i got the followup call after a week and i explained the entire scenario to them. Again apologies and assurances by maruti. Next day i got a call from indus and they inquired me "when i will be booking the car?" I replied them "I am interested in the car and i made a test drive requested which was not fulfilled yet. More over, you haven't provided me the rates yet. No sales person had in touch with me. In this condition, how can i make a booking? Immediately, i got an apology and got assured that their sales executive will get in touch with me. Its nearly a month and No response from Indus or Maruti as well!

Strange!

Still, i remember the days when Hyundai, Maruti, Chevrolet & Tata executives were behind me during my previous car purchase! What happened to them?

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th May 2017 at 12:12. Reason: Maruthi to Maruti
Old 17th May 2017, 12:59   #6364
Senior - BHPian

Happens when the sales are low and sales deadlines are on their head. With Baleno and Brezza commanding extended waiting periods, the dealers are taking it easy.

Just to have some fun with the dealers ask for a test drive for Ciaz ZDi+ and watch how they behave.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 20:29   #6365
BHPian

My friend is being offered a discount of 1.45L on Skoda rapid TDI DSG ambition 2016. Is it a good deal ? What all factors should be consider before buying it ?
Old 18th May 2017, 23:18   #6366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
My friend is being offered a discount of 1.45L on Skoda rapid TDI DSG ambition 2016. Is it a good deal ? What all factors should be consider before buying it ?
That sounds like a good deal but why is he interested in 2016 and not 2017? Skoda already got worst resale value.
SpoiledBratt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 23:47   #6367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
why is he interested in 2016 and not 2017?
That's because they are not giving much on the 2017 model. It's just insurance with 4 year service care package.
Also they have agreed to give him the expected price of the car that he wants to exchange.
Old 19th May 2017, 03:05   #6368
BHPian

Any offers going on the s cross or ciaz sigma or delta 1.3 models in Delhi NCR region??
Guess s cross should have a discount running on it.
Old 19th May 2017, 08:30   #6369
BHPian

Hi All,

Any ongoing offers you guys know about Alto K10 AMT in Bangalore?
Old 19th May 2017, 15:16   #6370
BHPian

a 55k discount on s-cross any variant in mumbai, a good deal?
Old 19th May 2017, 16:06   #6371
BHPian

Can anyone help with the current discounts on Camry Hybrid / Skoda Superb Diesel L&K / C220d / C250d and the BMW 520d ?

Is it prudent to wait for GST or to buy now ? I understand from todays updates that GST will lower prices of this car but the dealers looking to make a buck obviously say buy now or price will go up.

Appreciate the help with discounts in advance.

Looking for prices on road mumbai .
Old 19th May 2017, 16:11   #6372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
a 55k discount on s-cross any variant in mumbai, a good deal?
I think is a good deal.
I just took the delivery of my 1.3 zeta 10 days back and I was offered 40K cash discount and some accessories (approx. 6k).
Old 29th May 2017, 18:11   #6373
BHPian

Wanted to check the GST prices of BMW and got the below details. Not very serious now. Posting here for those looking at 3 now.

Dealer : Kun, Meenambakam
Model : 320d prestige
On road : 46.5
(ex38.2/ rto 6.3/ ins 1.6/ tcs 0.4 )
Normal Discount : 4.5
GST discount : 1.0
(not finalised now. But minimum 1)
If registered in Pondicherry- 4.5 lacs less
Total = 46.5 - (4.5+1+4.5) = 35.5

This is for standard 2 year warranty without any BSI. Interestingly a 2015 sport line with 15k on odo is quoted 33 in http://bmwusedcars.in. But that Pondy registration is a risk I think.

Ps - dealer said he could get the car registered in Pondicherry by paying 5k for an affidavit. Logic is post GST cops won't be chasing other state cars like old days bcos after GST Pondicherry will also charge 28+15 =43 percentage. Any chennai bhpians with first hand knowledge on this topic? Is this risky? Will they impound the car ?

Dev

Last edited by irdevanand : 29th May 2017 at 18:15.
irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 18:24   #6374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Wanted to check the GST prices of BMW and got the below details. Not very serious now. Posting here for those looking at 3 now.

Dealer : Kun, Meenambakam
Model : 320d prestige
On road : 46.5
(ex38.2/ rto 6.3/ ins 1.6/ tcs 0.4 )
Normal Discount : 4.5
GST discount : 1.0
(not finalised now. But minimum 1)
If registered in Pondicherry- 4.5 lacs less
Total = 46.5 - (4.5+1+4.5) = 35.5

This is for standard 2 year warranty without any BSI. Interestingly a 2015 sport line with 15k on odo is quoted 33 in http://bmwusedcars.in. But that Pondy registration is a risk I think.

Ps - dealer said he could get the car registered in Pondicherry by paying 5k for an affidavit. Logic is post GST cops won't be chasing other state cars like old days bcos after GST Pondicherry will also charge 28+15 =43 percentage. Any chennai bhpians with first hand knowledge on this topic? Is this risky? Will they impound the car ?

Dev
Technically speaking, nothing happens unless you are caught for something else and they make an issue out of it. Yes they were recently catching cars with out of registration plates but that was because they wanted to fill their coffers before the financial year ended. But of course I'm in Mumbai and don't know what the exact situation is like where you are.

As for the actual registration, I would only do it if you have an actual Pondicherry address. What the dealers do is use another address (usually arranged by their RTO agent) in Pondicherry to register your car to; they might make you sign a rent agreement with a nominal amount as 'proof' that it really is 'your address'. I'd strongly advise against this, as not only is it unsafe but also strictly speaking, illegal. With that said, hundreds of people are doing it here in Mumbai.
Old 29th May 2017, 18:29   #6375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Logic is post GST cops won't be chasing other state cars like old days bcos after GST Pondicherry will also charge 28+15 =43 percentage. Any chennai bhpians with first hand knowledge on this topic? Is this risky? Will they impound the car ?

Dev
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the advantage that Pondicherry offers is on the road tax? The road tax charges in Pondicherry is very low when compared to Tamil Nadu and that's where the price difference for on road price comes in. GST does not include road tax, so don't see how the on road cost advantage that Pondicherry offers will get eroded.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed