Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2017, 12:07   #6466
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi

It doesn't include extended warranty. Decided to get it later. You may contact Joseph from Kun Volkswagen Alandur (not ABRA. Abra is also a good dealer and my company purchase team prefers abra.. but i decided to go with kun as they brought the car for test drive on a date/time/location convenient to me that too on a sunday)

+91 96001 99129 Mr. Joseph. This is his contact number.
You can refer my name (Dev Anand) but not sure if he can give the same discount right now. Thats up to your bargaining skills !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivathetechwiz View Post
Great to know! I'm planning to go for a Comfortline 1.2 as well.

Does this include 2 years extended warranty as well? Also, which brand of insurance is this?

My dealer in OMR isn't ready to offer below 6.65L and he said he had to compromise on insurance provider even to give that price.

Can you share your contact in ABRA and refer me?
Regards
Dev

Last edited by irdevanand : 29th June 2017 at 12:11.
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 14:45   #6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hi

You can refer my name (Dev Anand) but not sure if he can give the same discount right now. Thats up to your bargaining skills !
Thanks so much for sharing the details. Did you take delivery or intend to take delivery of the car before end of this month?

I was told that in case of color choice unavailability, I could book now paying a sum (to ensure the discounts) but the final amount to be paid depends on revised showroom price + GST as of next month.

One peculiar thing is, they say they're expecting the cost to come DOWN by 1-2%. Isn't it very clear that small cars attract 1% more than now due to GST?
I'm wondering if that's a play to make ppl BOOK cars immediately while no stocks are available.
Old 1st July 2017, 08:13   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Wait until GST kicks in. Maruti has stopped dispatching Ciaz and Ertiga with SHVS to dealers. Due to increase in taxes on hybrids, Maruti has decided to remove SHVS from its vehicles and will ship vehicles without it after GST is implemented. Since taxes for almost all cars are lesser than present ones, expect price of Ciaz to fall as well.

Not happening guys. Maruti has removed SHVS from Ciaz and Ertiga for all future dispatches (for the same reason, no dispatches of the said cars were made in the past few weeks). They introduced SHVS to use the loophole in the tax system and reduce taxes on these cars. Now that taxes on hybrids are higher under GST, they are removing SHVS again.
Assuming Ciaz wasn't a hybrid it would be under 46% kitty earlier against 43% now the difference is about 3% but since it was a hybrid having total 30% duty earlier it will have 43% duty now so the prices will anyways regularize to 13% more irrespective of technology being hybrid or regular which results in the increase. I think if prices remain same for hybrid vehicles at 43% they should ideally provide the cleaner technology.
Old 1st July 2017, 20:30   #6469

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Nexa Price list at Manesar.

Planning to book Baleno Petrol Delta @ 6.7 Lakhs.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-inshot_20170701_202747248.jpg  

AtticusFinch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 22:10   #6470
BHPian

Jaguar Land Rover reduced prices of all their CKD cars by a great margin

Jaguar Post-GST Pricelist: New_GST_Prices_on_Jaguar_Cars.pdf
Land Rover Post-GST Pricelist: 2sZAYqt.pdf
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 23:03   #6471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Jaguar Land Rover reduced prices of all their CKD cars by a great margin

Jaguar Post-GST Pricelist: Attachment 1653001
Land Rover Post-GST Pricelist: Attachment 1653002
Fantastic pricing now , especially in the cheaper models i.e. the Disco Sport, Evoque and XE. The price reduction is upto 10 lakhs!! They're clearly using GST as an excuse to correct their pricing but I'm not complaining
Old 2nd July 2017, 01:05   #6472
BHPian

The prices of ciaz diesel have increased only in Delhi, not on account of higher tax on hybrid cars but rather on account on GST subsuming Delhi VAT ( on which Delhi government used to give subsidy). In haryana the CIAZ Diesel is slightly cheaper now.
Old 2nd July 2017, 01:13   #6473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Fantastic pricing now , especially in the cheaper models i.e. the Disco Sport, Evoque and XE. The price reduction is upto 10 lakhs!! They're clearly using GST as an excuse to correct their pricing but I'm not complaining

There's a major decrease in their prices due to fall in pound after the Brexit. When the discovery sport was launched pound was almost 100 rupees and now its 81~82. Creating a 15-20 percent increase in profit on cars made in UK. JLR had started giving discounts in the tune of 4-5 L recently last month. I think they clubbed both of them together did a massive cut. This is a good strategy as it will help save on road tax also.

With these prices am pretty sure they would put serious pressure on the Germans. Great times for the luxury car buyer.
Old 6th July 2017, 19:39   #6474

VW Polo - Revised price-list - Chennai

Attaching the Revised (Post-GST) pricelist I received from a dealer in Chennai.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-media20170706.jpg

Around Rs.7000 reduction in Ex-showroom price for a VW Polo Comfortline compared to last month, but the dealer could only match a deal offered to fellow bhpian @irdevanand last month (6.50L)

Any comments on the logistics charge of Rs.6900? Remember seeing a thread where this was declared 'Illegal' - will I have any luck shaving this cost off by quoting the news / court decision?
(I don't want to push too hard for this, eventually one's ownership experience is going to be dictated by my relationship with the Dealer + Service center)

Last edited by sivathetechwiz : 6th July 2017 at 20:03. Reason: Including image attachment
Old 6th July 2017, 19:51   #6475
BHPian

Quote:
Any comments on the logistics charge of Rs.6900? Remember seeing a thread where this was declared 'Illegal' - will I have any luck shaving this cost off by quoting the news / court decision?
(I don't want to push too hard for this, eventually one's ownership experience is going to be dictated by my relationship with the Dealer + Service center)
I complained to VW about this illegal handling charge and they just forwarded my complaint back to the dealer. Dealer said this is a "standard practice" followed by all dealers and didn't budge. As the old adage goes, thick as thieves!

Also, no matter how hard you try to "foster" a healthy relationship with VW dealers, I don't think it will amount to anything when it really matters.

Sorry to be blunt, but these observations are based on my limited experiences dealing with multiple VW dealers.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 6th July 2017 at 19:57.
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:12   #6476
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Revised price-list - Chennai

Quote:
Attaching the Revised (Post-GST) pricelist I received from a dealer in Chennai.
Is there a Highline Plus variant launched for the Polo already? When did that happen?

Last edited by bblost : 7th July 2017 at 14:16. Reason: Fixed quote tag.
Gosu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:29   #6477
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Revised price-list - Chennai

Quote:
It has to be paid by dealer. After Handling Charge, now this Logistic Charge, Next in line might be Maintanence Charge where the car is maintained in dealer stockyard. Sheer Stupidity.

If the dealer didn't let go this charge, I would walk away and look for other cars & if they too have them, I would give the example of same. This thing sounds funny but in reality, you are wasting your money on something which isn't actually meant for.

If the footfalls go down, the dealership will shut down, and such things will make it a problem for the dealer. I strictly advice Members & Public not to pay for these kind of things. I am strictly against these things.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 18:36   #6478

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
It has to be paid by dealer. After Handling Charge, now this Logistic Charge, Next in line might be Maintanence Charge where the car is maintained in dealer stockyard. Sheer Stupidity.
Agree with you. There are brands like TATA which afaik never charges these and as per a news article in a related thread, Hyundai has directed all it's dealers to not indulge in such. However, all these news hasn't gained traction in mainstream media, due to which all other brands still take them for granted.

I've written to Volkswagen India about this - let me just see what their stand is on this issue. If they fail to respond within a reasonable amount of time or they provide a vague reason for this or if they forward my question to the dealer concerned without doing their part, then we know what kind of customer support and ethics they have (forget Dieselgate, at least now they need to need to redeem themselves with acts that prove otherwise).

Coming back to this thread of new car prices, TATA has reduced the price of Tigor variants significantly post GST - I believe this is partly because they were looking to revise the prices downward themselves and now suddenly I'm ready to overlook the misses in this Car.
(It would primarily be chauffeur-driven for infrequent, mostly doctor visits for my parents. I'm ready to forgive the laggy Petrol considering the rear seat comforts)

Only gripe is, while other dealers are lavishing discounts (Rs.50k+ on Volkswagen Polo, Rs.20k by even Hyundai on i20), my Tata dealer isn't ready to offer anything beyond Rs. 4k as Corporate discount and no freebies citing an already reduced price on a 'New' model. Should I push for more discounts or is this the best I could get? Any input from Tata enquiries from Chennai or other cities are much welcome.

+ there are no 'Logistics' charges!
Old 9th July 2017, 19:27   #6479
BHPian

Honda is advertising these offers in the newspaper. This is what appeared in "The Hindu" in Hyderabad:

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-honda_offers_20170708_104627.jpg
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:52   #6480

Price-list for TATA Tigor (Post-GST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Honda is advertising these offers in the newspaper. This is what appeared in "The Hindu" in Hyderabad:

Attachment 1655617
If this means 31.5k + 14.3k Discount (= 45.8K) on top-spec Amaze then this is almost comparable to the ones Volkswagen is pushing out (~ 8k + 50k).

Jazz is also seeing some good discounts - I'll check out how much the Petrol ones would cost - if its within my range, I would gladly choose a Jazz over a Polo / Figo / Tigor I'm currently considering.

A little share from my side - Revised (Post-GST) price list of Tigor in Chennai by Concorde Motors (a subsidiary of TATA). Also posting the old pricelist for reference.

Tigor - New (Post-GST) Price-list:
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-tigor-new.jpg

Tigor - Old (Pre-GST) Price-list: (For reference)
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-tigor-old.jpg

Most Viewed