Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 15:02   #6511
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I've been offered 5.17 Lacs OTR for Nissan Micra Active XV, for the latest facelifted model. Is this a good enough offer?
Old 14th August 2017, 18:58   #6512

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My Car-hunt still continues.

Latest quotes for a Ford Aspire 1.2 Ti-VCT (Petrol, Manual) Titanium in Chennai:
Ex-Showroom Price: Rs. 6.19 L
Insurance + Zero Dep + RTO + Essentials Kit + 3rd Year extended warranty: Rs. 1.02 L
Total On-Road: Rs. 7.21 L

Dealer Discount: (-) Rs. 27 K
Corporate Offer: (-) Rs. 7 K + 4th Year extended warranty
Effective: Rs. 6.87 L

Additionally, exchange bonus: (-) Rs. 20 K (My current car is a Ford, else it would be 15 K)

Is this a good deal? Or should I push for more, considering the Petrol is not a great seller in Ford Aspire? (But it fits my parents' need for a decently spacious rear-seat and a sedate chauffeur-driven car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
The sales guy insists that they can't deliver the car without doing temporary registration. He didn't say it directly but he pointed out saying this is under the table payment for it. This nonsense of handling charges will go only if the government takes some Serious steps.
@zombiedriver: Did you book your ride? Can you share the latest on-road prices after all dealer discounts that VW offered you on Ameo and Polo?
Old 15th August 2017, 00:38   #6513
BHPian

Was in the market for a SUV but somehow that didn't work out. Now looking for Hatchback within 10L OTR. Today went to inquire at Hyundai for the Elite I-20 and they are offering a cash discount of INR 20,000. Second on the list was the Figo Titanium Sports Version with an Optional Safety Pack which would include 6 airbags. There was no such deal being offered other than an INR 5000 discount.

The last car on the list was the Polo GT TDI and they agreed to waive the Handling Charges of 6900. Salesman quoted that can work something out during booking as GT TDI is selectively available and they have to place an order to Volkswagen. Meanwhile the normal TDI had an INR 50,000 discount and the Vento Highline and Comfortline models had aN INR 90,000 discount.
loveforjeeps93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 08:10   #6514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivathetechwiz View Post
My Car-hunt still continues.

@zombiedriver: Did you book your ride? Can you share the latest on-road prices after all dealer discounts that VW offered you on Ameo and Polo?
Haven't booked yet as I came across a 2 year old 10k km run Polo GT TSI online and I want to see the car before I decide. Its through a dealer and whenever I ask to see the car he says its gone out so now I am wondering if there is something fishy.Will let you know if I finalize on the Ameo
Old 15th August 2017, 08:38   #6515

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Current offer on Mahindra XUV 500.
Model: W10
OnRoad Price : Rs. 17.69L
Corporate / Dealer Discount : Rs. 8000
Accessories Discounts : Rs. 20000
Can you please tell me in which city this offer is . Ex show room + road tax is 19.05 in Bangalore
Old 15th August 2017, 11:34   #6516
BHPian

Xuv500 offers in Goa.
8000/- corporate discount and 25,000/- cash discount. No other discounts possible.
I've booked a W6 AT , at 16.30l onroad( inclusive of 15k paid accessories)

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 15th August 2017 at 11:48.
Old 16th August 2017, 21:16   #6517

Dear friends,

Need your advice on buying 2016 model Fiat Punto evo 1.3 emotion or Avventura 1.3 Emotion. the sales executive offered me a discount of Rs. 1.3L for each car. they said the cars are December 2016 make. Should I go ahead? Need your help.

Mod Note: Please format your posts properly prior to posting

Last edited by ampere : 16th August 2017 at 21:29.
Old 16th August 2017, 22:01   #6518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojijacob View Post
.... they said the cars are December 2016 make. Should I go ahead? Need your help.
I would stay away from a 8-9 month old car which was sitting idle in their yards. Not sure how well it was kept.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 07:48   #6519

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
I would stay away from a 8-9 month old car which was sitting idle in their yards. Not sure how well it was kept.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that there are risks, but they say it's plant stock and not dealer stock. Well what about the discounts they offered?
Old 17th August 2017, 08:47   #6520
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that there are risks, but they say it's plant stock and not dealer stock. Well what about the discounts they offered?
Yes, the discount offer is tempting. If you are very keen on buying it and are confident that the car was stored well then I would suggest you to do a thorough PDI of the vehicle, try to negotiate more discount or push for extended warranty without any extra cost.

Lets see what other Bhpians have to say about this.

Also take a look at the below discussion, this might give you an idea:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html

Last edited by jayantvs : 17th August 2017 at 08:49. Reason: typos
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 09:01   #6521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check for manufacturing date of the tyres. I find it surprising that they need to liquidate Dec 16 stocks in August 17. Something doesn't feel right. Keep us updated.

Last edited by manson : 19th August 2017 at 12:23. Reason: Typo.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 14:33   #6522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Yes, the discount offer is tempting. If you are very keen on buying it and are confident that the car was stored well then I would suggest you to do a thorough PDI of the vehicle, try to negotiate more discount or push for extended warranty without any extra cost.

Lets see what other Bhpians have to say about this.

Also take a look at the below discussion, this might give you an idea:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html
Thanks for the link to the related thread. I have asked the dealer to send a few pics of the car and VIN. Anyway the offer given for 2016 model Punto Evo 1.3 Emotion is 6.6L including zero depreeciation insurance. (Excluding road tax and registration). Offered price for Avventura 1.3 Emotion is 7.8L including zero depreciation insurance. And yes, if i decide to go ahead, i will negotiate for more offers. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Check for manufacturing date of the tyres. I find it surprising that they need to liquidate Dec 16 stocks in August 17. Something doesn't frel right. Keep us updated.
Thanks for your input. I have requested the VIN, tyre manufacturing date and a few pics of the car.

Last edited by ajmat : 18th August 2017 at 14:49.
jojijacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 12:07   #6523
BHPian

Any offers for Creta Petrol/ Diesel variant going on in Kerala? Tried four dealerships, but none is parting anything for creta.

Last edited by sujithsidhardha : 19th August 2017 at 12:08. Reason: text change
Old 19th August 2017, 12:26   #6524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
Any offers for Creta Petrol / Diesel variant going on in Kerala? Tried four dealerships, but none is parting anything for creta.
Was offered 30K discount on OTR price by a multi car dealership on the 1.6 SX diesel variant earlier this month. Should be possible to manage the same at your end, else just request the dealership to let you purchase own insurance which should save you a similar amount.
Old 19th August 2017, 13:08   #6525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Was offered 30K discount on OTR price by a multi car dealership on the 1.6 SX diesel variant earlier this month. Should be possible to manage the same at your end, else just request the dealership to let you purchase own insurance which should save you a similar amount.
I couldn't find a single rupee cash discount from 4 dealers i checked. Seems they have provided a discount on insurance in your case. I think, if it's a discount on the vehicle price alone, we can take the insurance outside and that would be a great deal!

Here, one dealer offered OTR with Vehicle Cost + Road Tax + Insurance + bumper to bumper add-on + 1 Year Extended Warranty + Basic Accessories. When i asked for discounts, he discounted the price by removing the extended warranty, bumper to bumper coverage and basic accessories .

Another dealer offered to match the insurance to a better rate, if i provide a better quote than theirs. He even allowed me to take the insurance externally along with a note - "Our insurance will have direct settlement with the workshop across india and if you take insurance from outside, you may have to pay first on claim." Anyway, the sales guy is in an internal negotiation to match my TATA AIG quote with their insurance on National/ New India/ HDFC Ergo.

But still no discounts on vehicle price or any exchange bonus or any corporate discounts! Seems Hyundai/ Dealership is reaping the best they can with Creta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks