Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 20:35   #6526
R17
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Folks, getting 1.5L off the top end automatic petrol variant of the Skoda Rapid (Style AT 1.6) in Mumbai. Worth locking or are there better deals around? Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 29th August 2017, 21:38   #6527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Folks, getting 1.5L off the top end automatic petrol variant of the Skoda Rapid (Style AT 1.6) in Mumbai. Worth locking or are there better deals around? Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.
You may also consider vento tsi which is much more fun to drive and you may get discount of a lakh or so on vento also.
Old 29th August 2017, 22:30   #6528
Senior - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:

Is this latest stock ? As in the facelift you are taking about?
Any discounts on the diesel variant?

Last edited by Pancham : 29th August 2017 at 22:32.
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:39   #6529
R17
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Is this latest stock ? As in the facelift you are taking about?
Any discounts on the diesel variant?
Facelift/ latest version - yes.

Discounts on diesel variant - No clue, we arent looking for a diesel since our running is quite low.
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:45   #6530
BHPian

Quote:

Have you driven the car? I had the 1.6MPI with an MT, and it definitely was not the brightest engine available. The FE with an MT was already fairly low, and with the torque converter, im sure you are looking at 8kmpl in city(16-17kmph average speed).
Please have a look at the vento tsi, which is a better engine, and paired to a much much better gearbox.
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:23   #6531
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Is 1.5 l off common for this variant of the Rapid?

Off chance that this car was affected in the Mumbai rains this week?
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:34   #6532
BHPian

Have negotiated a small discount on Tucson GLS AT along with exchange bonus and corporate discount. Net ~1.5L off on it from on-road price. Also giving away my sparsely run polo comfort line TDI 1.5 which reduces the price further
MNITDEVIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:02   #6533
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Have you driven the car? I had the 1.6MPI with an MT, and it definitely was not the brightest engine available. The FE with an MT was already fairly low, and with the torque converter, im sure you are looking at 8kmpl in city(16-17kmph average speed).
Please have a look at the vento tsi, which is a better engine, and paired to a much much better gearbox.
We are looking for an automatic and correct me if Im wrong, but my understanding is that both, the Vento and the Rapid, have the same DSG gearbox.

Did test drive the auto petrol and it seemed ok, considering its primarily for the Mrs who isnt likely to test the speed limits too often
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:22   #6534
BHPian

Quote:
We are looking for an automatic and correct me if Im wrong, but my understanding is that both, the Vento and the Rapid, have the same DSG gearbox.

Did test drive the auto petrol and it seemed ok, considering its primarily for the Mrs who isnt likely to test the speed limits too often

The Rapid has a 1.6L Naturally aspirated engine, mated to a 6 speed torque converter. The vento also initially came in the same configuration, but has now been replaced with the 1.2l turbocharged tsi( same power, more torque at peak, and a much much wider torque band), mated to the 7 speed DSG box.
The rapid does not have the DSG with petrol option.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 16:38   #6535
A M
BHPian

Looking to buy Figo TDCI around Diwali. Anyone aware of what offers/discounts are being offered currently in Chandigarh/Panchkula/Ambala?
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:50   #6536
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The Rapid has a 1.6L Naturally aspirated engine, mated to a 6 speed torque converter. The vento also initially came in the same configuration, but has now been replaced with the 1.2l turbocharged tsi( same power, more torque at peak, and a much much wider torque band), mated to the 7 speed DSG box.
The rapid does not have the DSG with petrol option.
Thank you - I wasnt aware of this.

Took the cue and test drove the Vento and Rapid petrol AT back to back and yep, there was a noticeable difference - the Vento was definitely sweeter.

While Im tempted to move to the Vento TSI AT now (even though the best discount Im getting is ~90k as opposed to the 1.5 L for the Rapid), the wife is still leaning towards the Rapid since she finds it better looking.

One amenable option seems to be opting for the diesel Rapid AT - My understanding is that the Vento and the Rapid, both have the same engine+DSG set up in diesel (again, correct me if there are any differences between the two).
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:01   #6537
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you - I wasnt aware of this.

Took the cue and test drove the Vento and Rapid petrol AT back to back and yep, there was a noticeable difference - the Vento was definitely sweeter.

While Im tempted to move to the Vento TSI AT now (even though the best discount Im getting is ~90k as opposed to the 1.5 L for the Rapid), the wife is still leaning towards the Rapid since she finds it better looking.

One amenable option seems to be opting for the diesel Rapid AT - My understanding is that the Vento and the Rapid, both have the same engine+DSG set up in diesel (again, correct me if there are any differences between the two).

The powertrain for the Diesel+DSG is the same on both the siblings. Earlier versions had a slight difference in suspension setup, don't know the situation now. That may be the only mechanical difference between the diesel Rapid and Vento.
Old 4th September 2017, 15:52   #6538
BHPian

Honda Jazz discounts are being provided by Whitefield Honda.

Cash Discount - 10k
Corporate Discount - 4k
Insurance handled by them - 27k (Only for this month)
Accessories with discount.
On-road cost around 8.95L for top end model.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 17:23   #6539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Honda Jazz discounts are being provided by Whitefield Honda.

Cash Discount - 10k
Corporate Discount - 4k
Insurance handled by them - 27k (Only for this month)
Accessories with discount.
On-road cost around 8.95L for top end model.
I am assuming you have got this quote for Petrol model. I would suggest you to go for more practical and better Ford Aspire Diesel Top End model, which would cost you almost the same.
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 00:33   #6540
Distinguished - BHPian

Any updates on the current discounts on the Toyota Altis?
VL automatic in particular

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks