Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 19:28   #6556
BHPian

Are there any discounts running on the Urban Cross and Punto Evo in Bangalore? I couldn't find any on the Fiat website.
Old 7th October 2017, 16:16   #6557
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

oli.ferns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 10:27   #6558
BHPian

Friends,
I'm getting VW Ameo DSG (Diesel)Highline Plus Delhi registered with extended warranty and RSA for 4 years in total for 10.82 on road.
The car is September 2017 manufactured so it has 16" wheels and RCD 340G stereo.
Price without discounts is 11.42 and doesn't include extended warranty and RSA.
Seems good deal??
Old 8th October 2017, 12:57   #6559
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

We have homed down to Kwid 1.0 (Opt) as a car for better half.
Wondering if I should buy the car in Mumbai or in Pune, since I have addresses in both the places. Is anybody aware of any offers in either Mumbai or Pune?

And is it advisable to go for the 7.99 % loan offer for 3 or 4 years? I have the necessary cash, but I am sure there would be some logic to say that the same can probably be invested in something better.
Old 8th October 2017, 17:07   #6560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Friends,
I'm getting VW Ameo DSG (Diesel)Highline Plus Delhi registered with extended warranty and RSA for 4 years in total for 10.82 on road.
The car is September 2017 manufactured so it has 16" wheels and RCD 340G stereo.
Price without discounts is 11.42 and doesn't include extended warranty and RSA.
Seems good deal??
It doesn't seem like a good deal to me. Earlier this year, I was able to negotiate a Honda City for a discount of 1.40 lakhs because it was 2016 manufactured. Needless to say that Ameo being less successful as compared to City, you should negotiate it down close to 10 lacs
Old 9th October 2017, 11:30   #6561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
It doesn't seem like a good deal to me. Earlier this year, I was able to negotiate a Honda City for a discount of 1.40 lakhs because it was 2016 manufactured. Needless to say that Ameo being less successful as compared to City, you should negotiate it down close to 10 lacs

I have checked with a couple of dealerships in Delhi and this is the best I'm getting.
50k discount is all that is there to avail. Also, I'm getting latest stock and not something that was kept in inventory for long. I will try to negotiate further but I doubt it will work. Thing is the dealership will make an order as it currently doesn't have my specs in stockyard so that is the maximum I can stretch.
Old 9th October 2017, 13:58   #6562
Oxy
BHPian

Even after a lot of haggling I am not getting any discount on the new Baleno Alpha CVT. This is the price breakup the dealer has given me (Bangalore):

Ex Showroom: Rs.8,50,004
Road Tax: Rs.1,32,093
Zero Depreciation Insurance + RTI + Engine: Rs.29,004
Registration Charges: Rs.800
Standard Accessories Kit: Rs.9,599 (breakup given further below)
Extended Warranty (3rd and 4th year): Rs.12,410
Nexa Card: Rs.1,180
Total On Road Price in Bangalore: Rs.10,35,090

Breakup of the Standard Accessories Kit:

PVC Premium Transparent Mat: Rs.1,790
Mud Flaps Front Set: Rs.390
Mud Flaps Rear Set: Rs.490
PVC Transparent Boot Mat: Rs.790
Back Cushion Pillow, Organic Perfume, Multi Point Mobile Fast Charger, Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover: Rs.3,790
God Idol: Rs.290
Premium Car Care Kit: Rs.1,599
Car Universal Mobile Holder: Rs.460

Things like mud flaps, floor mats, idol etc used to be given free of cost, I don't know when this changed. The dealer says he can even work out discounts for me on the new S-Cross, but not on the Baleno.

The Baleno launched a couple of years ago. I wonder why there are absolutely no freebies being offered for this car, especially now during the festive season.
Old 10th October 2017, 12:15   #6563
BHPian

^^ Oxy, Baleno is the new swift in terms of the dealer relationship with customers.
I got almost the same list of accessories here in Chennai for a Zeta CVT except for 3D Mats instead transparent mat, No boot mat, no idols,
no Premium Car Care Kit and no Universal Mobile Holder. All others were the same albeit a lesser price in accessories.
Made them agree to a Door Visor and a Door protector if I go with insurance with them.
Old 10th October 2017, 12:28   #6564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

The Baleno launched a couple of years ago. I wonder why there are absolutely no freebies being offered for this car, especially now during the festive season.
The demand for Baleno is 'extreme'.
That is the reason you are not seeing any freebies etc.
Trying inquiring about other products like the Ignis or S-Cross, you will see free stuff, back in the picture.
Old 10th October 2017, 15:03   #6565
BHPian

Quote:
Even after a lot of haggling I am not getting any discount on the new Baleno Alpha CVT. This is the price breakup the dealer has given me (Bangalore):

Things like mud flaps, floor mats, idol etc used to be given free of cost, I don't know when this changed. The dealer says he can even work out discounts for me on the new S-Cross, but not on the Baleno.

Hi,

Can i know which nexa dealer is this?
Looking for a S-Cross
Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:44   #6566
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
Hi,

Can i know which nexa dealer is this?
Looking for a S-Cross
Thanks
Garuda Autocraft (Nexa Banaswadi).
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 19:50   #6567
BHPian

Quote:

Ex Showroom: Rs.8,50,004
Road Tax: Rs.1,32,093
Zero Depreciation Insurance + RTI + Engine: Rs.29,004
Registration Charges: Rs.800
Extended Warranty (3rd and 4th year): Rs.12,410
Nexa Card: Rs.1,180
Total On Road Price in Bangalore: Rs.10,35,090

Back Cushion Pillow, Organic Perfume, Multi Point Mobile Fast Charger, Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover: Rs.3,790

Answering your question so as to why there is no discount on over a 2 year old car, Maruti sold 16000 units of Baleno in september. That's round 540 cars per day and 1 Baleno every 2 min.

The demand for this car is absolutely insane. My friend booked his car in June and still there's no update from the dealer. Inspite of promising delivery in 3 months, last we heard from him was 'Saar, we are trying best for October'

Last edited by namanchaudhary : 10th October 2017 at 19:51.
Old 10th October 2017, 22:01   #6568
BHPian

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...79745138755431

The Jeep dealer in Trichy is offering unsold Compass cars for Diwali . Is this happening anywhere else?
Old 10th October 2017, 23:17   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Oxy, I would strongly suggest you to opt out of the standard accessories kit. The mud flaps that they are charging you for is a standard equipment in Baleno (in Alpha at least). Also, Alpha already comes with a leather steering cover. The other accessories are not so useful either.

This standard accessories nonsense is going on with all Nexa and MS showrooms. I was given this while I booked my Baleno and Dzire. At least at Nexa, the RM acknowledged that the accessories is optional, but the RM at the MS showroom is adamant that I take the standard accessories.
Old 10th October 2017, 23:34   #6570
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Hi Oxy, I would strongly suggest you to opt out of the standard accessories kit. The mud flaps that they are charging you for is a standard equipment in Baleno (in Alpha at least). Also, Alpha already comes with a leather steering cover. The other accessories are not so useful either.

This standard accessories nonsense is going on with all Nexa and MS showrooms. I was given this while I booked my Baleno and Dzire. At least at Nexa, the RM acknowledged that the accessories is optional, but the RM at the MS showroom is adamant that I take the standard accessories.
Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah I am thinking on those lines. In fact, I think I can save a few thousands more if I source the insurance from outside as well.

How can the RM at MS force you to buy accessories if you don't want to pay for them? Utter nonsense.

So did you finally buy the Dzire?

Last edited by Oxy : 10th October 2017 at 23:43.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed