Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 18:26   #646
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I really do not have much info but there's an ADDIS Marketing office near to my home. Hence, I thought let me have a look there.

I have an acquaintance who bought a Dezire thru them and got a much better price than the dealerships along with normal freebies that you get at the dealership. Also, he could also select which dealership he wanted his car from.

Maybe I will post some more details after I visit them and understand their modus operandi..

Cheers
Thanks Shankar. Would look forward to your analysis and comments. If you remember, please do quote/PM me.

Anyone else knowing about how these Direct Marketing companies operate and the Pros and Cons of dealing with them, please share.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:31   #647
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Ritz petrol discount can go upto 25K
Thanks a lot! I will wait for the July offers and then resume my negotiations.
Old 28th June 2011, 07:44   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Thanks a lot! I will wait for the July offers and then resume my negotiations.
Your welcome, I wish you luck, go get the best deal! and BTW bought my last car in July and trust me it really helps. Not much has to be done from your side, the dealers are already falling all over you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
What are the offers going around on a Scorpio these days?
Last that i heard it was a flat 5K cash discount. But am pretty sure it must have gone up by now. plus ofcourse there is an exchange bonus in the offing as well.

~ - ~

Just another point i would like to share with you folks.
Most of us do not bother to ask the inventory at the stockyard.
Please add this to the negotiations before you sign that cheque.
Find out if the model you are booking is already available at the dealer stockyard. If so, then push for further discounts. The dealer hasn't bought the car for himself. He wants to get it out of his stockyard ASAP. and you are going to do just that for him. So if you vehicle has been lying in the stockyard for a while then PUSH HARD! REAL HARD! you will get something out of them for sure, if not cash then some freebie or the other.

If the dealer does not budge, then be very firm that you want a fresh car from the factory and not from the stockyard.
make sure you look at the delivery slip of your vehicle, which shows the date of manufacture and date of arrival at the stockyard.
Also note the VIN and visit @wildon's fantastic VIN Decoder thread to double check the date of manufacture.

Hope this little insight helps in getting that little bit extra by way of discounts or freebies.

Good Luck!
Buy Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 09:47   #649
Senior - BHPian

Saw this advertisement in newspaper today. I guess Skoda has reduced the prices of Laura.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0310306.png
Old 28th June 2011, 10:09   #650
BHPian

I helped a friend neogotiate Mahindra Verito D6 for 7.75L OTR Bangalore with standard accessories, RTO approved Garware sun film, rear passenger cabin light (from Logan OE), Comprehensive insurance, without 3rd & 4th year extended warranty.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:50   #651
BHPian

The launch of Toyota Etios Liva may just result in even greater discounts in July by other companies for petrol hatchbacks.
Old 28th June 2011, 20:22   #652
Team-BHP Support

A friend's folks booked a Skoda Fabia in Delhi yesterday. Apparently there are some discounts running that make the OTR price of the car a cool 1lakh cheaper.

From what he has told me, the OTR is coming close to 4.5 lakhs.

Wonder why the generosity but those looking for a good hatch in NCR could look this up.
Old 28th June 2011, 23:40   #653
BHPian

Got this offer on Hyundai i10, what do you guys think?

On road for Sportz model - 5.24L
Discounts - ~16K insurance free, 3K corporate discount
Final On road: ~ 5.04L

Freebies (~19K) - 3M sunfilm, seat cover (Art leather), underchassis paint (anti rust), reverse parking sensor (minda), remote central locking (OE), steering grip leather, reverse horn, perfume, divinity statue, door guard, scruff plate

Only Body cover i have to pay for because I chose anti rust painting of underbody.

Now this feels good, wish the Ritz D i booked had atleast half of these. Ritz D with accessories would go to 6.1L. Its a cool difference of over 1L which I am thinking now is it worth spending. Any pointers guys???

OT: my car is undecided, but TBHP stickere have arrived
Old 29th June 2011, 07:41   #654
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i visited the Honda stockyard here in Pune.
there were a few examples of Accord's. I asked our sales rep what the deal was. Decoding the VIN i saw that they were JAN 2011 models. Without sunroof. He said a cool 1 lakh off could be had on them. Plus a few accessories here and there. Pretty good deal i felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post

Freebies (~19K) - 3M sunfilm, seat cover (Art leather), underchassis paint (anti rust), reverse parking sensor (minda), remote central locking (OE), steering grip leather, reverse horn, perfume, divinity statue, door guard, scruff plate

Only Body cover i have to pay for because I chose anti rust painting of underbody.

Now this feels good, wish the Ritz D i booked had atleast half of these. Ritz D with accessories would go to 6.1L. Its a cool difference of over 1L which I am thinking now is it worth spending. Any pointers guys???

The i10 is a really good car, and you will not be disappointed, It's easy to drive for newbie folks too, and the compact dimensions make it a breeze in town. If you don't travel more than 50kms a day you can consider a petrol hatch too.

The deal you mentioned above seems good and in line with expectations.
What you can do is either ask for a round figure now. or the body cover has to be thrown in. It will get done for sure.

The i20 is tough to get any discounts on, but for the i10 it is highly possible.

Also since you live in Bangalore why don't you consider the AT sportz, Though i have heard it's not consistently fuel efficient. In a city like Bangie you would be happy you chose an AT.
Old 29th June 2011, 08:08   #655
BHPian

To be honest, I liked the service and response I got at Hyundai than Maruti. Maruti is just bulldozing people with limited knowledge on cars like me. When I mention Maruti and Hyundai, its not the brands, but the dealers I was talking to.

Hyundai said they have heard of 0 depreciation insurance and will get me info
Maruti says its a fake scheme and there is no such thing as 0 depreciation and I am unnecessarily confusing myself.

Maruti says if i implement any other Central locking it would void my warranty and the guy very rudely told me how do you think without cutting wires they are going to do it, the OEM products are a plug and play

Despite my repeated requests I am told that the VIN number is not available with them and they have to get from yard. How long does it take to call up the yard and ask if that is really the case?

The Sales guy at Hyundai put up the above offer I quoted without even me asking for anything; Maruti made me feel as if I am begging for offers.

As I walked out of Maruti showroom, somehow the mind is saying its not a deal well done, do you really want to put your 6L here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The i10 is a really good car........Also since you live in Bangalore why don't you consider the AT sportz, Though i have heard it's not consistently fuel efficient. In a city like Bangie you would be happy you chose an AT.
@MD - I drive 40 kms a day to be exact. If I list down my priorities for a car at the price point I am looking at -
1. Decent power and handling
2. Newbie friendly because my wife will also be learning to drive on this
3. Highway stable and safe, i would be doing highway runs

Its in point 3 I feel i10 lacks. Ritz may not be very safe without ABS and airbags, but I cant wait for 4 months to get a piece.

I live in Chennai now.

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 29th June 2011 at 08:16.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:13   #656
Senior - BHPian

You know what, i would take it between these 3 in your case.
in order of preference.
1. i10
2. Wagon R
3. Ritz

I still advise a test drive of Figo though. I know you can't wait else i would have suggested to wait for the Brio.

i10 IMHO will be decent on the highway too. It's not going to be outstanding, but drive it a notch or two below the bar and you should be in safe hands.

Wagon R is a very capable car, it will not let you down. It's also a high selling model just like the i10 and resale values will be right up there with the best.

Test drive the above two as well as the Figo.

And don't worry if one dealer is incompetent then there is always another one to deal with.
Getting the VIN is no issue at all. I once got the VIN of a ANHC over the phone. I never even visited the dealership and for crying out loud he didn't even know who i was.

The deals for i10 can be stretched
Free insurance for sure
plus an additional 5K cash discount highly possible.

What's your exact budget?
Old 29th June 2011, 11:28   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks Shankar. Would look forward to your analysis and comments. If you remember, please do quote/PM me.

Anyone else knowing about how these Direct Marketing companies operate and the Pros and Cons of dealing with them, please share.
I visited Addis Marketing. They matched whatever offers the dealerships are giving. So basically, around 473000 for A* automatic. Still have to negotiate the freebies.

But I fail to understand, that if a direct marketing company can match a dealership offer, hell the dealership should be giving us a much better and transparent offer.

I have one query, is there a way where we can get the genuine corporate discount for each model that Maruti offers. Every dealership i went to had a different number from 2000 to 4000 for A*. Shouldn't corporate discounts be transparent and same across dealerships.

Cheers
Old 29th June 2011, 13:48   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post

Great offer from Hyundai! I guess, you only left out key-less entry
Also check out petrol discount cash-back offer for i10. It's around 2K in Pune. So you can fit few additional accessories in it.
Another similar option will be: Ritz VXI Dazzle. Have a look at it too.

Last edited by Panko : 29th June 2011 at 13:52. Reason: Addition
Old 29th June 2011, 13:52   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I visited Addis Marketing. They matched whatever offers the dealerships are giving.
Only matched?

I thought they would be giving a much sweeter deal, as from what I can figure out, they run with much lesser overhead costs. I wonder why anyone would not go to a showroom and feel safer, if the deal is similar.

Maybe there is more scope to negotiate with the direct marketing companies. You could give them the same logic - "why deal with you, if I don't get a better deal?"
Old 29th June 2011, 13:56   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Only matched?

I thought they would be giving a much sweeter deal, as from what I can figure out, they run with much lesser overhead costs. I wonder why anyone would not go to a showroom and feel safer, if the deal is similar.

Maybe there is more scope to negotiate with the direct marketing companies. You could give them the same logic - "why deal with you, if I don't get a better deal?"
Ohh I am sure they will go better. This was without any haggling, their off the counter rates. While for the dealers that's the final price.

But since they finally procure from the dealers itself, shouldn't the dealers be cheaper. I need to understand how it works.

Cheers

Most Viewed