Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 09:28   #6631
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hello all,

My FIL family in Chennai is looking to book Lodgy RXL 85 PS variant this December end. The on-road price comes to approx Rs. 12 lacs. The sales executive offered us the following:
Free insurance worth approx. Rs. 40,000/-
Corporate discount of Rs. 10,000/-
Free accessories worth Rs. 10,000/-
Free basic accessories such as mud flaps and mats
We have additionally asked to make the free insurance into a B2B insurance and subtract Rs. 10,000/- in lieu of free accessories. However, the sales executive was mum on these.

I felt this discount package for Lodgy is so underwhelming. Anyone have any info on Lodgy discounts and how much/what is reasonable for us to expect?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by murillo : 18th December 2017 at 09:38.
Old 18th December 2017, 09:35   #6632
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Hello all,

My FIL family in Chennai is looking to book Lodgy RXL 85 PS variant this December end. The on-road price comes to approx Rs. 12 lacs. The sales executive offered us the following:
Dealer cash discount of Rs. 10,000/-

I felt this discount package is so underwhelming. Anyone have any info on Lodgy discounts and how much/what is reasonable for us to expect?

Thank you in advance.
This is too less. Here in NCR for duster they are offering -
Cash discount - 90,000/-
Exchange bonus - 30,000/-
Insurance - @Rs 1/-
Corporate discount - XX

Expect something similar or more for Lodgy.
Sang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:53   #6633
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Corporate discount of Rs. 10,000/-
Free basic accessories such as mud flaps and mats
We have additionally asked to make the free insurance into a B2B insurance and subtract Rs. 10,000/- in lieu of free accessories. However, the sales executive was mum on these.

I felt this discount package for Lodgy is so underwhelming. Anyone have any info on Lodgy discounts and how much/what is reasonable for us to expect?

Thank you in advance.

Way less! I was looking for lodgy a year back and I was getting discounts to the tune of 1.5 lacs plus free insurance. This was in Chennai
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 11:03   #6634
BANNED

Quote:
My FIL family in Chennai is looking to book Lodgy RXL 85 PS variant this
Not to disrupt your purchase, but you can always look at Hexa XE as an alternative, it is a fantastic VFM product and there are good discounts running on it this month, the icing is, Arizona Blue is now available on the XE.

I myself am an owner of the Hexa and can vouch for the product quality.

Happy Shopping !!
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:09   #6635
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone recently mentioned the BMW 330i Sportline is available at 33.5L Ex-showroom Mumbai - that's a whopping discount if this is true!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 21:01   #6636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
I read only insurance as a part of the deal in other websites but now it seems a great deal considering the additional discount and City being bullet proof as ever on reliability front this could be a nice option for prospective sedan buyers
Visited a Honda showroom here in bangalore. No discounts on V or VX . Honda Assure offer is only on S & SV.
Instead of offering discounts they were using the threat of the upcoming price rise to get me to buy the car. Honda needs to rethink its pricing if it wants to compete with the Verna and Ciaz.
Old 20th December 2017, 14:12   #6637
Senior - BHPian

Audi A4 Premium Plus Diesel available for 39 lacs on road New Delhi and A4 petrol for about 38 lacs on road. Discount of almost 7 - 8 lacs on the diesel version.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 15:46   #6638
BHPian

How much discount shall I ask for a 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O) - Auto Transmission? AT has been discontinued in the Asta (O) version since 2016.

I have been told that it is NOT a test drive vehicle. Any specific things that I should look for in case if the deal is good (considering that it is a 2016 stock)?
Old 21st December 2017, 16:31   #6639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
How much discount shall I ask for a 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O) - Auto Transmission? AT has been discontinued in the Asta (O) version since 2016.

I have been told that it is NOT a test drive vehicle. Any specific things that I should look for in case if the deal is good (considering that it is a 2016 stock)?
Hello!

I have experience of dealing with Hyundai guys and hence I can say that you can expect a discount of up 1.2 lakh rupees, if not 1 lakh for sure. (Including discount of every type)
I have heard that Hyundai is offering upto 80,000 Rs. discount on cars from earlier part of 2017 so this strengthens the posibility of 2016 car getting 1 lakh+ as a discount.

Do inspect car for any physical damage and insist on getting the car scanned via OBD port. Because I think it is the only way, with least chances of manipulation, to find out if the car has not been used earlier.

Use your bargaining skills to the max and I am sure you'll get a good deal.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 16:51   #6640
BHPian

Quote:

Go see the car first. Why has it been not sold in the first place? I'm sure Auto i10's have many takers. If it is, as you said, "not a test drive car", that means the car has been sitting with all the fluids in it, for more than an year, which is not good news. I'm not sure about a 2016 car when it is almost 2018. It all boils down to the discount you will be getting. Also check with the authorities if there are any issues registering a 2016 car in 2018 (cause i don't know ). I would say anything around 2 lakhs off the car, should make it worth considering if everything else is perfect.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 17:16   #6641
BHPian

Quote:
How much discount shall I ask for a 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O)
Is it BSIV compliant? If no, there may be registration issues.

If yes, I think you should definitely haggle for more deeper discounts. Minimum of a Lac.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 19:06   #6642
BHPian

Quote:

Are you sure that its i10 Grand? I doubt whether i10 grand (AT) came in Asta variant from the beginning.
infinitewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 21:44   #6643
Distinguished - BHPian

Lexus is running a good offer - Ex-showroom price is on road price. Which is a good discount in metro cities since this is a CBU.

Any one know what are the current offers on the 730Ld?
Old 28th December 2017, 09:09   #6644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Lexus is running a good offer - Ex-showroom price is on road price. Which is a good discount in metro cities since this is a CBU.

Any one know what are the current offers on the 730Ld?
Have heard discounts in excess of 15 Lacs, S 400 from 2016 is available at a ready discount of 22 Lacs in Delhi and can be bargained further.
Audi A8 definitely would be 25+, it was that much in august this year.Plus Audi has a lot of highly customised cars they need to sell before the new ones come in.
Old 30th December 2017, 06:54   #6645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Lexus is running a good offer - Ex-showroom price is on road price.

Is this offer available in Mumbai ? Can you share contact details coz the Mumbai dealer sales guy this is not true .

Most Viewed