Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 15:43   #6661
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Recently got Micra XL CVT (automatic) variant at Coimbatore for 6.6 Lakhs after discounts.

7.13 is the OTR for this variant in Coimbatore. Discounts include free 1st year insurance and cash discounts of the range of ~20K.

Basic accessory kit (worth 3K according to them) came free on top of this.
singleton is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 20:55   #6662
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
I have shortlisted Hexa XMA and XUV W6AT and now it all boils down to price. The Tata dealer here in Hyderabad says that they have 2017 stock and the only offer is free insurance. And the Mahindra dealer says there are no offers at all. I am a bit skeptical about both these. I am sure there will be offers as they are trying to clear 2017 stock and I as a buyer will be buying a Car of previous year (essentially interpreted as a car of 1 year vintage, if I were to sell it immediately). Any updates on offers on Hexa and XUV?
I saw an ad in the paper that Tata is having special offers till Jan 20th on all its 2017 models; the offer was 78k for hexa that includes insurance at 1/-. {Ad in Hindu Bangalore edition on Jan 11th}
Old 1st February 2018, 20:27   #6663
Distinguished - BHPian

Locally assembled cars to get more expensive - 2018 budget impact!

Quote:
Director General, SIAM told Autocar India that the move will affect the entire auto industry as most carmakers source components from abroad. The hike in customs duty on CKD auto parts and components was not anticipated

Quote:
Price hike expected to be around 3-5 percent on locally assembled models owing to increase in custom duties on CKD kits and imported components; full imports to be more expensive too.
Quote:
Cars brought to India in completely built up (CBU) or fully-imported form could also get pricier. The government has made a proposal for a rate hike on one section of customs duty on CBUs from 20 percent to 25 percent. This move could drive up the total import duty; which currently stands at an already steep rate of over 180 percent.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2018 at 20:29.
Old 3rd February 2018, 21:34   #6664
Senior - BHPian

Enquired Nexa about 2017 stocks, for ciaz, for diesel discount is around 125000 without exchange and 140,000/- with exchange benefit.

Was thinking of exchanging my swift.
Old 5th February 2018, 15:13   #6665
dmv
BHPian

Re-posting my own post from the "What Car" section with some edits, since my query is mainly about the pricing.

A4 35 TDI Premium Plus: 43L, technology edition: 48L
3-sportline: 43.5L
X1 expedition: 37.5L, X1 xline 43L
C220d style: 43.75L direct purchase and 42L with company lease. C200 petrol EditionC is ~47L

I'd like to hear folks' opinion on the pricing I am being offered here in Bangalore, especially for the A4 and the 3 !! All these are for 2017 stock.

Any Bangalore BHPians who can comment on the Audi/BMW/Merc quality of service and post-purchase experience in general ?

Thanks !
Old 5th February 2018, 16:25   #6666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv View Post

I'd like to hear folks' opinion on the pricing I am being offered here in Bangalore, especially for the A4 and the 3 !! All these are for 2017 stock.

Any Bangalore BHPians who can comment on the Audi/BMW/Merc quality of service and post-purchase experience in general ?

Thanks !

This clearly sounds like you are buying the car for its price rather than anything else. First probably shortlist the car that you want and then go after the dealers for the pricing. Just Kidding.

In any case there is going to be a 5% price rise on all these cars.

The Mercedes service at Akshaya is very good and they a very responsive. Expect the Mercedes service to be around 10% costlier than the other two Germans.

Last edited by noopster : 5th February 2018 at 18:49. Reason: Please do not quote a large post in its entirety. It makes things difficult for our small screen isers
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 17:56   #6667
dmv
BHPian

Hey Arjun,

Good to know Akshaya service is very good !

Price is definitely a factor since anything over 45L will be a bit of a stretch. As I mentioned there, A4 and 3 are my top choices right now based my test drives. While I finalize the car, I wanted to put these prices up here to get some idea of how much further I can negotiate on these in Bangalore.

Besides, last minute change of mind is not ruled out, so the C220d may come back into contention :-)

Thanks !
dmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 06:31   #6668
Senior - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv View Post
Besides, last minute change of mind is not ruled out, so the C220d may come back into contention :-)

Thanks !

Good then. PM me if you need me to speak to the Akshaya guys, if interested in the C. I can use my good offices to swing a good deal for you. Happy hunting. Always exciting to be in the market for these cars.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th February 2018 at 06:33.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:28   #6669
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Enquired Nexa about 2017 stocks, for ciaz, for diesel discount is around 125000 without exchange and 140,000/- with exchange benefit.

Was thinking of exchanging my swift.
What is the discount offered on 2018 Manufactured Ciaz in Petrol Avatar?

A few points to consider here are ;

1. Around 5,500 Units of Ciaz were shipped to dealers in January 2018.
2. With the Facelift around the corner, I am not sure if these were manufactured in December 2017 (just my guess).
3. Till how long will MSIL continue to ship out good volumes before they drop may give us a hint on the launch of the Facelift.
Old 6th February 2018, 09:08   #6670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
What is the discount offered on 2018 Manufactured Ciaz in Petrol Avatar?

A few points to consider here are ;

1. Around 5,500 Units of Ciaz were shipped to dealers in January 2018.
2. With the Facelift around the corner, I am not sure if these were manufactured in December 2017 (just my guess).
3. Till how long will MSIL continue to ship out good volumes before they drop may give us a hint on the launch of the Facelift.
For the new one it's around 25,000(petrol)! Not sure when Maruti is planning to launch the facelift, with the new swift being produced, I am sure they will take their time.
Old 7th February 2018, 11:57   #6671
BHPian

Was enquiring about the Baleno Alpha in Gurgaon, spoke to a couple of dealerships and initial discussions were 6-8 weeks of waiting time. When I told them that I would pay in the next 1-2 days, both of them re-checked their inventory and got back with having precisely 1 car in their stockyard.

Ironically, it's the autumn orange colour with both of them, one is having a 2018 Jan manufacturing and one is Dec 2017. The dealership which has 2017 one, told me that we can work out on discounts and all once we sit on the table.

Wanted to check the following -

1. I ain't worried about resale value, but on a car selling like hotcakes providing a discount on a car (sounds a little fishy to me)
2. If I do go for the 2017 variant, how much discount is justified
3. Is there a possibility that the car could be Test drive car or display piece (as typically jazzy colours are kept for displays), how do I find that out and if it's a display car, should i go for it? and what about negotiations then?
Old 8th February 2018, 14:12   #6672
BHPian

Had in the recent past enquired about the Nissan Terrano with a dealer in Mumbai -Thane, found their AMT Terrano overpriced at 17.84 OTR - forgot about it.
I did then get a call yesterday mentioning if I would be keen on some AMT stock of Terrano which are with Nissan MY 2017, with a whopping 2.25 lacs off.
Sharing this info here if anyone's interested, they probably would have the same deal in most cities.
Old 8th February 2018, 14:31   #6673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
1. I ain't worried about resale value, but on a car selling like hotcakes providing a discount on a car (sounds a little fishy to me)
The discount is on the 2017-made car, right? The 2017 in it is creating the discounts. Illogical as it may be, the car is already perceived to be a year old even though it has been manufactured two months back.

Quote:
3. Is there a possibility that the car could be Test drive car or display piece (as typically jazzy colours are kept for displays), how do I find that out and if it's a display car, should i go for it? and what about negotiations then?
TD car could show some signs; signs of use on the pedals, door handles etc. But a smart SA could get them well concealed. Doubt one can identify a display car.

Or, it can just be that the person this car was allotted to cancelled at the last moment and the dealer couldn't find a customer for that exact color + variant combination.

Do a thorough PDI; if there's nothing unusual, consider it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th February 2018 at 14:35.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 16:57   #6674
BHPian

Got this through mail about an hour back. Discount of ₹40k plus no interest EMI for the Volkswagen Polo.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img_20180208_165337.png
Old 10th February 2018, 01:15   #6675
Distinguished - BHPian

Discounts on the current S350d W222? Now that the facelift is round the corner

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks