Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 18:23   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Guys does anyone know if there are any deals going in for the Cedia? A very close friend is sold on it and wants to go in for one. Whats the best price for a new one in Bangalore?
Old 30th June 2011, 20:40   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Well absolutely not true , all car manufacturers are the same - as good or as bad as the others. I was in the market to buy a ANHC last July / August and the range that I got from the dealer was from zero discount to 20 K discount.
True many dealers take advantage of this corporate discount. They are not very transparent in their dealings and many a times dont offer the full amount of corporate discounts to the customer.
Old 30th June 2011, 23:46   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab

True many dealers take advantage of this corporate discount. They are not very transparent in their dealings and many a times dont offer the full amount of corporate discounts to the customer.
Hmmm - maybe I shouldn't feel bad at all about Hyderabad's Honda dealers in this regard. Well, except for the fact that one of them did quote a higher discount but rolled back the advantage after booking saying they saw the communication from Honda late. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and didn't cancel the booking.

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st July 2011, 00:52   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

At the insistence of some of my friends, I went to TD the new Fluidic Verna. They didn't have any car for the TD (not surprisingly) and told me I will have to wait for 15 days for a TD (!). The diesel had a waiting period of 4-5 months, but the petrol will be available within 10-12 days of booking.

Asked for the 1.4 VTVT, and this is what they quoted -

Ex-showroom Price - 7,15,133/-
Incidental Charges - 4,000/-
Registration Charges - 52,468/-
Insurance - 24,652/-
Other Charges - 3,000/- (I forgot what this was for)

Total - 7,99,253/-

No offers, no accessories.

The SP said the car didn't need any separate accessories as it came packed with almost everything, and the only thing they could throw in the deal was the assurance that the car will be available with me within 2 weeks of my booking.

Maybe it's better to wait till this initial euphoria dies down and the festival season kicks in.
Old 1st July 2011, 07:34   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
At the insistence of some of my friends, I went to TD the new Fluidic Verna.

Maybe it's better to wait till this initial euphoria dies down and the festival season kicks in.
Attitude Galore! I think it's wise to wait for the initial euphoria to die down. When i went to the Hyundai showroom not to long ago, to check out an i10 AT for my wife. I casually asked about the Fluidic verna. The sales rep from him humble i10 negotiations turned into Mr. ALL MIGHTY! he said that he has no brochures of the same. and that if i even wanted to see the car forget TD it i would have to go to their other dealership which is on the other side of town.

All this after recently picking up a i20 from the same dealership within the family.
as i said in the opening of this post.
ATTITUDE GALORE!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 08:44   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Attitude Galore!
Indeed. When I casually mentioned about the ultra-light steering of the i20 and asked if it was present in the ANHV too, he became so defensive about the car that he started on me. I calmly told him that I have been TDing several cars for the past few months, and I am a Team-BHP forum member and I speak from some experience (the limited "gyan" that I have picked up so far ). Left my card with him and told him to call me once a car is available.

That didn't stop him though - "Aam public yeh sochti hai...blah blah blah". He kept on droning. I just got up and walked out. If he calls back, he will be getting a piece of my "aam public" mind, for sure.
Old 1st July 2011, 08:59   #682
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Attitude Galore! I think it's wise to wait for the initial euphoria to die down. When i went to the Hyundai showroom not to long ago, to check out an i10 AT for my wife. I casually asked about the Fluidic verna. The sales rep from him humble i10 negotiations turned into Mr. ALL MIGHTY! he said that he has no brochures of the same. and that if i even wanted to see the car forget TD it i would have to go to their other dealership which is on the other side of town.
These guys have no idea how much of a damage they are creating to the brand image.

This is something which acts as the first filter criteria when I go to a car showroom. If the staffs act pricey, I will let them know my thoughts and walk off. They better know that we are there to enquire on expensive purchases (whether it is a Nano or a Jaquar), and they better give that respect to the customer.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st July 2011 at 09:20.
Old 1st July 2011, 09:15   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
These guys have no idea how much of a damage they are creating to the brand image.

This is something which acts as the first filter criteria when I go to a car showroom. If the staffs act pricey, I will let them know my thoughts and walk off. They better know that they we are there to enquire on expensive purchases (whether it is a Nano or a Jaquar), and they better give that respect to the customer.
exactly. i was actually going to pay a booking amount for the i10.
But this sort of attitude put me off. I was expecting a completely different reaction from the guy. usually when you go to a showroom and inquire about a small hatch and then move up the ladder to a bigger car. The sales rep is extremely happy and pushes even harder to seal the deal for the bigger car. But instead this guy put me off so badly, that i did not take out that cheque book. I always think to myself, if the sales experience is poor what will the service experience be like. Not a thumb rule, but having a bad sales experience is a huge put off for me.
Old 1st July 2011, 09:46   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

I wasn't even thinking about the ANHV.

Right now I am in the process of finalising a car (most probably a hatch) and I have zeroed in on the Jazz, Polo or the Punto. No Hyundais, no Tata cars for me, I had decided. Several of my friends who own a Hyundai (Santro, i10, i20) had seen the ANHV and adamantly insisted that I should go check it out in the flesh, and so I went.

A regrettable decision in hindsight. What this experience did was put me off Hyundai even more.

Btw, that last 3,000/- listed under "Other Charges" for the ANHV 1.4 VTVT was for Teflon Coating.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st July 2011 at 09:47.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:20   #685
BHPian

Anybody with any updates on July offers

Cheers
Old 1st July 2011, 19:59   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
I wasn't even thinking about the ANHV.

Right now I am in the process of finalising a car (most probably a hatch) and I have zeroed in on the Jazz, Polo or the Punto. No Hyundais, no Tata cars for me, I had decided. Several of my friends who own a Hyundai (Santro, i10, i20) had seen the ANHV and adamantly insisted that I should go check it out in the flesh, and so I went.

A regrettable decision in hindsight. What this experience did was put me off Hyundai even more.

Btw, that last 3,000/- listed under "Other Charges" for the ANHV 1.4 VTVT was for Teflon Coating.
From your list i highly recommend the jazz. Its extremely refined. Rev friendly. And extremely spacious and accomodating on the inside. Especially with those magic seats.

Last edited by mdsaab : 1st July 2011 at 20:01.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:30   #687
BHPian

I got quoted 7.1 L for a new Tata Manza quadrajet aqua at Concorde . It comes with free Insurance and Corp Discount. Just got my loan approved so waiting eagerky to see what July has to offer !
Mdsaab seems to be really good at this though.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:48   #688
BHPian

@Mdsaab I would like some advice from you about how to negotiate with these Concorde folks. They don't budge an inch..I mean they give some corp discount and the monthly special but no effort other than that..
I am set on getting manza aqua qdjet and I just got my loan approved as well.. So looking to finalize it in the next few days !
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:18   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
They didn't have any car for the TD (not surprisingly) and told me I will have to wait for 15 days for a TD (!).
Quote:
Attitude Galore!
--------
The sales rep from him humble i10 negotiations turned into Mr. ALL MIGHTY! he said that he has no brochures of the same.
I too tried for a TD of the (Fluidic) Verna. One showroom outright said that they don't have TD vehicles. That the company didn't provide them with it . The other was a bit better. Said that they send their vehicle to the yard at 5:30pm for washing etc and one would have to visit the showroom (preferably with an appointment).

When I finally did manage to reach by 5:00pm one day (after appointment), they were only willing to give a 2 km TD! The Sales guy alongwith was scared of even asking his seniors about a longer drive. Was not given the number of the Manager. Even the reception would not give it. Said he is not on his seat and that they don't have the managers number!!!!! (what if the showroom had a theft or fire?- would they not get in touch with him?). We had halted the car 1km from the showroom.

Eventually at my extremely firm persuasion (and annoyance and making ample noise) three guys from the showroom turned up at our car (I think they feared that I'd take it for a longer TD even if they protested ). The Team Leader came on the TD with us. And gosh! His attitude. Almost felt I was traveling with the MD of Hyundai. Constantly on calls. Could hardly care less about the 'customer'. Was totally putting me off, but I tried to focus on what I was there for - the TD.

(If there are good choices, the customer will walk away. Come on Ford, you are getting an opening for the NF to slide in!)

Eventually it was a long enough TD. About 10kms. If you are still inclined to read about it, you could do so at :

Write up: - This one is more detailed.

Point wise:

Last edited by Poitive : 2nd July 2011 at 01:21.
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:38   #690
BHPian

Booked a Skoda Yeti a few days ago. Following are the price details :
Ex-Showroom (New Delhi) - Rs. 16,73,000
Additional Taxes - 30,000
Skoda Shield - 58,000
UP Registration - 1,25,000

Got a Corporate Discount of Rs. 35,000 and a waiver on the above-mentioned taxes.
Total On-road price comes to Rs. 18,26,000.

Have not been offered any other discounts or special deals. Skoda Sales was extremely professional and well-spoken. They took us a little granted after we paid the booking amount though. But I guess most car dealers are like that.

P.S.: If you're buying a Skoda, do ask for the Skoda Celebrations discount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks