Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 14:59   #7021
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
A friend of mine is keen on acquiring a Punto but it seems like the car is not available anywhere nearby. He tried calling up all dealers in Karnataka but no success. He is ready to explore options if it's available in neighboring states. Anyone has any idea about availability in other states?
Get a used one! Used Puntos are really cheap as resale value is poor now.

You may even find a one year old car at 50% of the price of a new one. I am sorry but the Punto is almost dead now, no point getting a new one now. It's outdated for the money. Yes, its a wonderful car to drive, but the market has moved on now.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 11:39   #7022
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
A friend of mine is keen on acquiring a Punto but it seems like the car is not available anywhere nearby. He tried calling up all dealers in Karnataka but no success. He is ready to explore options if it's available in neighboring states. Anyone has any idea about availability in other states?

Hi, you can contact and check with Sky Moto Automobiles here in Pune,
Phone: 081492 23322

Hope this helps.
Williams_f1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 12:35   #7023
Senior - BHPian

What is the best price I can get on the Mercedes GLA or BMW X1? Both come to about 45 on road in Bangalore, But I'm yet to decide before negotiation.
Also which financial plan in either one is best for someone looking for a low down payment and planning to retain for at least 5 years?
Old 13th August 2019, 16:44   #7024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
What is the best price I can get on the Mercedes GLA or BMW X1? Both come to about 45 on road in Bangalore, But I'm yet to decide before negotiation.
Also which financial plan in either one is best for someone looking for a low down payment and planning to retain for at least 5 years?
I'm in same boat as you though I've not considered GLA just because you've better option like X1. I think you should be able to close X1 deal around 8-9 lakhs cheaper than what you've been quoted. It also depends on what variant are you planning to purchase. X1 sDrive20d xLine is the most selling variant of it. I'm currently talking to a dealer here and planning to close it soon.

As far as finance option is concerned, I didn't find their 360 program anything to go for. You can try their bullet or balloon option, both of which, gives you option to keep your initial down payment low. BMW is also currently running a scheme of buy now and pay later in 2020 scheme.
Old 13th August 2019, 19:13   #7025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
I'm in same boat as you though I've not considered GLA just because you've better option like X1. I think you should be able to close X1 deal around 8-9 lakhs cheaper than what you've been quoted. It also depends on what variant are you planning to purchase. X1 sDrive20d xLine is the most selling variant of it.
The reason I'm leaning towards GLA rather than X1 is:
Cruise control
Brake hold
Column shift
Better MID
More premium interiors
?bigger sunroof
?cheaper maintenance

I did look at sdrive 20d but the dealer is refusing to come down on the price. Inspire of a facelift expected soon. GLA on all new platform is expected soon though urban edition launched recently. It was great to drive though. 49.50 L with extended warranty and BSI for 5 years.
Old 13th August 2019, 19:41   #7026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The reason I'm leaning towards GLA rather than X1 is:
I did look at sdrive 20d but the dealer is refusing to come down on the price. Inspire of a facelift expected soon. GLA on all new platform is expected soon though urban edition launched recently. It was great to drive though. 49.50 L with extended warranty and BSI for 5 years.

I would suggest you wait for the new GLA. The current GLA can be discontinued anytime and compared to the current infotainment and MID, it is a big step ahead. It also drives better than the current version and looks far better(IMO). Unless you get the current GLA for a mouthwatering discount, I would suggest you to wait.
Old 14th August 2019, 22:04   #7027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I would suggest you wait for the new GLA. The current GLA can be discontinued anytime and compared to the current infotainment and MID, it is a big step ahead. It also drives better than the current version and looks far better(IMO). Unless you get the current GLA for a mouthwatering discount, I would suggest you to wait.

Which new GLA ? There is no new GLA rather GLB will launch next year or later this year sometime. Please share details of this new GLA if there is any.
Old 14th August 2019, 23:02   #7028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Which new GLA ? There is no new GLA rather GLB will launch next year or later this year sometime. Please share details of this new GLA if there is any.
Wait for the Frankfurt motor show next month. You might get your answer. The current GLA is on its last legs. In fact the new GLA should have been released by now. The GLA had a better fanfare than the A Class here and hence, it will hit the Indian markets shortly after the global launch. Perhaps the slowdown has caused some stock pile up which might push the launch schedules, but it is worth the wait I believe for the GLA. The GLB looks quirky IMO and the only saving grace is the interiors. The only backward step in these cars is the steering. But the rest is all positive.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 19:02   #7029
Senior - BHPian

New GLA is expected on an all new platform, but no idea when. The A and B class have already been launched internationally.
The GLB is on the same platform is a 7 seater and more of an SUV design than crossover. It is also likely to be priced closer to GLC.
Old 18th August 2019, 14:29   #7030
BHPian

Any idea when the new CLA is getting launched. Will be in market in Dec for Merc or a BMW. looking at C or 3 series but if the new CLA gets launched then will go for it. The C200 prime us 39.9 as showroom. How much discount can I get in Dec?
Old 20th August 2019, 15:02   #7031
BHPian

A friend is being offered a Oct 2018 10000kms driven demo Audi Q3 Technology for 40L incl extended warranty. So he'll have 52 months in all. Is it a good deal??
Old 20th August 2019, 20:39   #7032
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
A friend is being offered a Oct 2018 10000kms driven demo Audi Q3 Technology for 40L incl extended warranty. So he'll have 52 months in all. Is it a good deal??
I would generally consider a privately owned 1 year old luxury car to have suffered lesser abuse than one at the showroom test drive fleet.

Quote:
s it a good deal??
Please keep in mind the Q3 is due for replacement and is mostly running very deep (maybe 10 lacs or even more) discount and 25% depreciation (extremely reasonable) for the first year, I'd consider 30L to be a very reasonable offer!
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 10:57   #7033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Please keep in mind the Q3 is due for replacement and is mostly running very deep (maybe 10 lacs or even more) discount and 25% depreciation (extremely reasonable) for the first year, I'd consider 30L to be a very reasonable offer!
Agree. I was offered 2018 (unused) Q3 premium plus Quattro at 36L with more scope of negotiation. They're still unsure of the launch date of new Q3. Most probably in Q2 of 2020.

If somebody is really interested in 2018 variant, expect it to be closed max at 30-33L on road.
LeoMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 21:24   #7034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Sorry my friend missed stating that it's a Q3 QUATTRO Technology variant that he is been offered for 40L. They are saying it's the best price that they can come down to. He'll be the 1st owner if that helps.
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:36   #7035
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Q3 QUATTRO Technology variant that he is been offered for 40L.
For 40 big ones I'd strongly recommend considering below options:
  • AWD / 4 x 4 is priority - Ford Endeavour 3.2
  • Premium ownership and reasonable ground clearance is priority - X1 or maybe stretch for a deeply discounted 3GT
  • AWD + premium ownership without snob value - VW Tiguan
manson is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks