Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2019, 09:16   #7156
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Can anyone please let me know the current offers on Petrol manual Honda City? Here in Chennai the dealer is offering 45K cash discount + 30K exchange Bonus + Free insurance. Total discount comes at around 1 lac. I'm planning to book by December

Last edited by sridharj : 10th October 2019 at 09:17.
Old 10th October 2019, 09:20   #7157
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Can anyone please let me know the current offers on Petrol manual Honda City? Here in Chennai the dealer is offering 45K cash discount + 30K exchange Bonus + Free insurance. Total discount comes at around 1 lac. I'm planning to book by December
Not sure of the scene in Chennai, however, earlier this year me and couple of other BHPians bought the petrol City in Bangalore and discounts were ranging between Rs. 1 to 1.4 lakhs, depending upon one's negotiation skills. If this is what the dealer has already offered you then there is adequate space to negotiate further and you can easily get another INR 20-30 K off. I suggest taking the insurance from outside and asking for a cash rebate against the insurance amount that the dealer is charging. Insurance typically counts for a huge markup at the dealer level, and if you take your insurance outside the dealer, you will save much more.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 09:38   #7158
BHPian

Can anyone please share the discounts available for X1 or 3 Series (Pre-facelift) ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th October 2019, 10:05   #7159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Not sure of the scene in Chennai, however, earlier this year me and couple of other BHPians bought the petrol City in Bangalore and discounts were ranging between Rs. 1 to 1.4 lakhs, depending upon one's negotiation skills. If this is what the dealer has already offered you then there is adequate space to negotiate further and you can easily get another INR 20-30 K off. I suggest taking the insurance from outside and asking for a cash rebate against the insurance amount that the dealer is charging. Insurance typically counts for a huge markup at the dealer level, and if you take your insurance outside the dealer, you will save much more.

Thanks a lot for the reply, sure will negotiate more with the dealer and will take insurance from outside.
Old 10th October 2019, 10:49   #7160
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Yaris 2018 versions are apparently sold out in Pune.
Old 10th October 2019, 17:47   #7161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I remember seeing a good 2 to 2.5 lacs of discount on civic on the Honda official website. Do check the link which has some details about the ongoing discount.
https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/lates...222-2019-10-08
Hope it helps you in pushing your dealer..!
I checked with one of the bigger honda dealerships in NCR and found out that the big fat discount is only applicable to the V variant. The VX and ZX have much lower discounts which aren't bad either.
Old 10th October 2019, 19:32   #7162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply, sure will negotiate more with the dealer and will take insurance from outside.
Honda is notorious with outside insurance. They insist on Honda Assure which is tied up to 4 insurance companies. Cashless is not provided if you take from these 4 companies outside the dealer. Also inspection and delivery process is smoother in Honda Assure. You might save 10K but the headaches are not worth it. And it is very much a hidden headache.
Speaking with the experience of owning 3 Honda cars.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 19:34   #7163
BHPian

Can I expect any form of discount on a Jeep Compass petrol Limited Plus in Mumbai? No vehicle will be traded in. Will most likely be booked in the coming week.
Old 10th October 2019, 23:11   #7164
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen offering discounts of upto 1.8 lakhs on Vento, Ameo and Polo

With sales slowing down, Volkswagen has also jumped onto to the discount bandwagon and by the looks of it are leading the pack.

These are the discounts being offered:

Volkswagen Vento - 1.80 lakhs

Volkswagen Ameo - 1.47 lakhs

Volkswagen Polo - 1.11 lakhs

Source: ACI

Last edited by AMG Power : 10th October 2019 at 23:14.
AMG Power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 00:42   #7165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Can I expect any form of discount on a Jeep Compass petrol Limited Plus in Mumbai? No vehicle will be traded in. Will most likely be booked in the coming week.
I know 2 people driving the compass petrol in Indore ( lesser traffic than Bombay ) and 1 is getting an avg of 5.2 and the other guy 5.5-5.7
First guy only has city use while the second guy has some driving on the open roads.
The petrol compass will be tooooooo expensive to run. Go ahead with it only if you absolutely love it.
Performance also is very okayish. Nothing exciting.
If you google you might find this article about someone who filed an FIR against Jeep for the terrible fuel economy from Bangalore IIRC
abhinavsureka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 08:20   #7166
Senior - BHPian

Discounts on Amaze Diesel CVT : 50K cash discount + Corporate discount(small number which I don't remember), 5 years unlimited Km warranty.

This is with zero negotiation! One could easily get a better deal if the variant and color we wish for is in stock with them I might skip this car due to weird front seats, that is to be discussed in a different thread though.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 08:22   #7167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
I know 2 people driving the compass petrol in Indore ( lesser traffic than Bombay ) and 1 is getting an avg of 5.2 and the other guy 5.5-5.7
First guy only has city use while the second guy has some driving on the open roads.
The petrol compass will be tooooooo expensive to run. Go ahead with it only if you absolutely love it.
Performance also is very okayish. Nothing exciting.
If you google you might find this article about someone who filed an FIR against Jeep for the terrible fuel economy from Bangalore IIRC
Yes sir, I'm aware of the fuel economy of the compass. I'll make my dad test drive the Hector and the Seltos on Sunday. But he's got his heart set on the Compass. I don't think I can do much here. Thanks a lot for your valuable input.
revsperminute is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 11:52   #7168
BHPian

Hello BHP'ians, Any idea on the deals available on the Tata Hexa XTA 2019 make? Also does the XTA model only come with a Dual Tone Roof Color now?
Old 11th October 2019, 12:35   #7169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Discounts on Amaze Diesel CVT : 50K cash discount + Corporate discount(small number which I don't remember), 5 years unlimited Km warranty.

This is with zero negotiation! One could easily get a better deal if the variant and color we wish for is in stock with them I might skip this car due to weird front seats, that is to be discussed in a different thread though.
On the same note when I went for my City service few days back I also took a TD for Amaze diesel cvt. The OTR price was 10,91,000 for top model. However, after some discussion with the SA who was also known to me offered to give the car at 10,20,000 OTR. So, there is a lot of scope for good discounts.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 07:38   #7170
BHPian

Hello, any information on discounts in Bangalore on Merc C Class or BMW 3 series. I am also fine with pre facelift C and previous gen 3 Series. Planning to buy in a month's time

Most Viewed