Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2019, 13:51   #7171
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Hello, any information on discounts in Bangalore on Merc C Class or BMW 3 series. I am also fine with pre facelift C and previous gen 3 Series. Planning to buy in a month's time
Hi FamilyTraveller,

I am also in the same boat. Kindly share whatever information you can gather. I will do the same whenever I get anything.

Thanks
Amith_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 18:19   #7172
BHPian

Planning for a Honda City CVT and took a test drive today.
Firstly, I was really disappointed with the drive, even on smooth Tarmac road on golf course extension, Gurgaon, front suspension was giving some tak tak noise like if the mount is broken or may be the bump protector. Car has only 12k on ODO and this was the suspension quality. Honda owners/experts please confirm is it so bad? I like a heavy and strong suspension.
Secondly, on the pricing front when I told I don't need any exchange bonus or loyalty or any such deals. I need a flat cash discount. The Honda guy says will offer a comprehensive insurance free. That's it. I walked out without even taking the price list from him and he didn't even bother. Honda guys are unwilling to sell even when the sales of Honda are 49% down.

Can guys in Gurgaon/NCR confirm the discounts and the quality issues if any?
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 18:43   #7173
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Planning for a Honda City CVT
Secondly, on the pricing front when I told I don't need any exchange bonus or loyalty or any such deals. I need a flat cash discount. The Honda guy says will offer a comprehensive insurance free. That's it. I walked out without even taking the price list from him and he didn't even bother. Honda guys are unwilling to sell even when the sales of Honda are 49% down.

The Honda city is a proven vehicle and done very well in India till date. The suspension issue would be limited to the specific car as hundreds of people come and drive the test cars rashly.
As for discounts, check out all showrooms in your city and then compare. The best deal will eventually fall in place.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 03:12   #7174
BHPian

Quote:

Buy a HC CVT only if backseat comfort is critical - the drive is meh , but rear seat comfort and space is even better than the Corolla. Horses for courses
Old 13th October 2019, 05:16   #7175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Buy a HC CVT only if backseat comfort is critical - the drive is meh , but rear seat comfort and space is even better than the Corolla. Horses for courses

Well why would anyone want this spend a couple lakhs more to make life easier for the driver
Old 13th October 2019, 05:18   #7176
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, I was really disappointed with the drive, even on smooth Tarmac road on golf course extension, Gurgaon, front suspension was giving some tak tak noise like if the mount is broken or may be the bump protector. Car has only 12k on ODO and this was the suspension quality. Honda owners/experts please confirm is it so bad? I like a heavy and strong suspension.

This is very surprising. There are massive discounts and I got mine last week. You may want to look through my earlier post on the discounts. Yes, I am Bangalore based but I don't see the difference.
Old 13th October 2019, 07:48   #7177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lets get this out of the way. Test drive vehicles in most dealerships aren't the best maintained cars. To add to that, many dealerships are extremely unprofessional and the SA's give all sorts of weird excuses about the vehicle condition which can be a major turn-off. In summary, Honda City has a good suspension and holds up very well, contrary to the perception of it being a 'dainty', 'pretty' car. I get this feeling every time I take my ZX CVT out on the highways in west Maharashtra (probably amongst the worst highways in India) and the car holds up very well with full pax and baggage loads. So dont worry about the build quality and reliability. Enjoy the balanced chassis, agile steering, excellent braking and dont expect the CVT to churn out monstrous performance. It is best when driven calmly and provided you anticipate during overtaking, it can cover the highway distances at a fair clip. To quote the TBHP review " because of the performance available on tap, you won't find the car 'slow on highways".

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 13th October 2019 at 07:53. Reason: added extra inputs based on driving experiences.
Old 13th October 2019, 10:11   #7178
Senior - BHPian

Honda city is not a car that can be used on rough roads. Its suspension bottoms out quite fast. With 4 people in my City it scrapes most of the speed breakers if you are not careful.

If you want strong suspension, go for European cars. They weather bumps much better. That said, the rear seat in City has most space in a car under 30L and the ride is soft, so barring pot holed roads it is an excellent car.

For NCR a short wheel based SUV is the best bet as they can wade through water much better and the short wheel base negotiates the speed breakers without bottoming out.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 10:12   #7179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Well why would anyone want this spend a couple lakhs more to make life easier for the driver
Making them feel less tired = our lives will be safer on long trips.

Other main reason would be their terrible driving skill usually takes a heavy toll on clutch and engine. Automatic would help the engine last longer in the hands of a not so good driver.

Last edited by manson : 14th October 2019 at 00:00. Reason: Typo.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 13:07   #7180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The Honda city is a proven vehicle and done very well in India till date. The suspension issue would be limited to the specific car as hundreds of people come and drive the test cars rashly.

As for discounts, check out all showrooms in your city and then compare. The best deal will eventually fall in place.
It's proven, but still not convinced with the test drive car condition. Will visit other showroom and take another test drive and see what quote they give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
I need to replace my ageing i20 and on a look out for a automatic car. Mostly would be driving alone and back seat comfort is not what I am looking for. Liked TATA Nexon but being an AMT, I started looking out for other options.

Quote:
What other options do you think I should look at? I am also looking for pre owned cars.

Quote:
This is very surprising. There are massive discounts and I got mine last week. You may want to look through my earlier post on the discounts. Yes, I am Bangalore based but I don't see the difference.
Even I was surprised and I didn't even bother to ask for the price list that the SC was carrying. Planning to visit other Honda showrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Lets get this out of the way. Test drive vehicles in most dealerships aren't the best maintained cars. To add to that, many dealerships are extremely unprofessional and the SA's give all sorts of weird excuses about the vehicle condition which can be a major turn-off. In summary, Honda City has a good suspension and holds up very well, contrary to the perception of it being a 'dainty', 'pretty' car. I get this feeling every time I take my ZX CVT out on the highways in west Maharashtra (probably amongst the worst highways in India) and the car holds up very well with full pax and baggage loads. So dont worry about the build quality and reliability. Enjoy the balanced chassis, agile steering, excellent braking and dont expect the CVT to churn out monstrous performance. It is best when driven calmly and provided you anticipate during overtaking, it can cover the highway distances at a fair clip. To quote the TBHP review " because of the performance available on tap, you won't find the car 'slow on highways".
I totally disagree on the point that it's a test drive vehicle. A person takes a test drive for how many kilometers? May be 10-20 km at max. How rough can that person be? In just 12,000 km how cone the suspension was so bad. Liked the Honda City interiors, they were way better than Yaris. Features and look. But, suspension just turned me off.
Have always owned TATA and Hyundai's with just one Japanese car - original Maruti Zen. Never had the courage to go back to Japs considering the build and Honda City was same for the light build. Regarding performance it was adequate and I liked it, I didn't find it slow. Ok, CVT rubber band effect is present but still liveable. Would be taking a test drive of Hyundai Verna Auto next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Honda city is not a car that can be used on rough roads. Its suspension bottoms out quite fast. With 4 people in my City it scrapes most of the speed breakers if you are not careful.

If you want strong suspension, go for European cars. They weather bumps much better. That said, the rear seat in City has most space in a car under 30L and the ride is soft, so barring pot holed roads it is an excellent car.

For NCR a short wheel based SUV is the best bet as they can wade through water much better and the short wheel base negotiates the speed breakers without bottoming out.
Ok. I get that thing of scrapping. Took a test drive of Yaris as well and it immediately scrapped the first speed breaker out on the road and Honda City also did that.
As for the European cars, VW and Skoda are out of question due to their poor service and chart topping maintenance cost. Looking for a new car around 12.5l or a used one around 9l. Nexon was considered liked everything and even suspension but lost out due to AMT gearbox.
Old 20th October 2019, 15:35   #7181
BHPian

I am planning to buy a midsize sedan as my elite i20 got totaled due to the floods. Was wondering if there would be any heavy discounts for the BS4 Verna or City after January 2020?. The Hyundai sales executive that I talked to said there might not be any BS4 stocks left by January, which I think is not true as I read somewhere that Hyundai plans to sell BS4 vehicles till March 2020. The thing is I don't want to wait another four months only to find out that there are no discounts or cars left. What do you guys recommend; should I wait or take the plunge now?
Old 20th October 2019, 17:35   #7182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
I am planning to buy a midsize sedan as my elite i20 got totaled due to the floods. Was wondering if there would be any heavy discounts for the BS4 Verna or City after January 2020?. The Hyundai sales executive that I talked to said there might not be any BS4 stocks left by January, which I think is not true as I read somewhere that Hyundai plans to sell BS4 vehicles till March 2020. The thing is I don't want to wait another four months only to find out that there are no discounts or cars left. What do you guys recommend; should I wait or take the plunge now?
Wait for two reasons:

1. I think there will be BS4 cars available in the early part of the new year
2. You will also get a 2020 car in your RC. Helps to keep a car a year newer.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 18:56   #7183
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I would like to know what is the current discounts going on for the Toyota Fortuner in Mumbai . I'm looking at the 4x4 Automatic.
Any leads will be very helpful.
Regards,
Powertrain
Old 20th October 2019, 19:05   #7184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
What do you guys recommend; should I wait or take the plunge now?
If you are looking at a specific color and a specific version then better to get it now. Some of the manufacturers have slowed down their BS4 production and trying to push their existing stock. Ex: Compass has only specific colors / versions available now.

If you are not specific about the color / versions, then you should be able to get bigger discounts in December/January types.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 19:16   #7185
BHPian

Dear All,
I am a newbie here. I am looking to replace my VW Vento Highline TSI by the end of 2019 or early 2020. Looking to buy a 25-35 lac urban SUV for a family of 3 with mostly Mumbai driving and occasional regional trips including ghats and coastal areas.

Currently, exploring Tiguan, Tucson and X1. We don't like the Creta/Kia/Compass CSUV's and the Endy, Kodiaq are too big for us.

My preference is for a slick petrol , turbo suv for safe and reliable urban driving.

Most Viewed