Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 20:27   #706
Senior - BHPian

Fiat introduces ‘diesel at the price of petrol’ marketing initiative

Fiat India after a disastrous June, is trying to get back in the right gear by rolling out thoughtful marketing initiatives.

Buyers of Linea and Punto this month will get three months of free fuel. In addition to that, by owning a Fiat, you are eligible to win a year’s worth of free fuel. If you get lucky, you’ll never have to visit the pumps again till mid 2012.

Fiat is also organizing car exchange schemes. You can exchange your old car for a Fiat Punto or Linea and get a 20k rupees exchange bonus. There are also discounts on first year’s insurance. Another contest that you automatically register when you book a diesel Punto or Linea is the ‘diesel at the price of petrol’ contest. Winners get to drive away a diesel Punto/Linea for the price of the equivalent petrol variant.

Press Release:

Quote:
~Company set to delight customers with a chance of owning diesel at the price of a petrol car~

~ Lines up innovative and exciting offers for car buyers to help own one of Fiat’s superior offerings~

New Delhi, 4th July 2011: Fiat, known for its cutting edge diesel technology now plans to drive home the superior advantage with an innovative marketing initiative. ‘Diesel at the price of petrol’- a unique marketing initiative will be rolled out in the month of July and will provide the hot button for customers who otherwise would have put off the decision to buy a diesel car due to the initial cost. These initiatives are expected to make it easier for customers to own any of Fiat’s superior cars – Punto or Linea, which offer great long term value. In a unique promotion, Fiat will provide car buyers with a chance to own a Fiat diesel Linea or Punto at the price of the petrol variant or equivalent cash back.

In addition to this amazing upgrade offer which a lucky few will win every week, many lucky winners will qualify for fuel vouchers for a full 1 year’s supply of petrol or diesel. The offer is not limited only to the winners of the contest; in fact all buyers of Fiat cars in July will be provided free fuel for three months in addition to amazing discounts on 1st year insurance and free 50 months road side assistance. Customers exchanging their old cars to upgrade to a Linea or Punto get an additional exchange bonus of upto Rs.20,000.

Fiat has been a dominant force in diesel technology and its multijet diesel engines are used by other manufacturers across the world and in India. The lined up initiatives are bound to influence customers who would prefer to buy a diesel car due to the low running costs but are deterred due to the high initial premium they have to pay. Customers can now walk into any Tata-Fiat dealership to book a Linea or Punto and then participate in a contest which will give lucky owners the chance to own the Punto or Linea diesel at the price of the respective petrol variants.

Speaking about the initiative, Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, President & CEO, FIAT India said, “Across the world, diesel technology has evolved and diesel cars are no longer considered inferior to petrol cars. With the rise in petrol prices, diesel cars make for an even more attractive proposition and Fiat has been leading the diesel revolution across the world and even in India. The multitudes of cars which sport Fiat’s multijet engines are a testimony to this fact. With ‘Diesel at the price of Petrol’ we plan to help more car owners have the joy of owning a Fiat diesel. ”

‘Diesel at the price of petrol’ comes after a slew of many interesting customer initiatives by Fiat. ‘Fiat First’ introduced last year was an industry leading customer service programme. From making spare parts available at competitive rates to making its presence felt with 175 dealer outlets, Fiat has taken giant strides to reach out to its target audience.

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th July 2011 at 21:20. Reason: Press Release put in quote. Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 20:46   #707
BHPian

Re: Fiat introduces ‘diesel at the price of petrol’ marketing initiative

Wow, So this indirectly means Punto diesel at the price of Punto Petrol and 3 months fuel free!!!!?? If true, Good Job FIAT, this should work, Savings of 1 Lakh is a lot!!
Old 4th July 2011, 20:47   #708
BHPian

Interesting initiative by Fiat. But IMHO, the sales of Fiat have little to do purely with the cost of their cars but more with the brand image which has just not caught on in the Indian market. The fact that their cars are not really competitively priced only adds to their misery.
Honda may have turned their fortunes around with a price slash but don't really expect the same with Fiat (after all price slash is what these freebies account to!.)
Old 4th July 2011, 23:03   #709
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Congrats! Could you share the deal you got with us?
I got 4 K Corporate discount, 5K cash discount. Onroad came around 5.92L. Also I did full payment and my bank account is Mumbai, so the dealer agreed to pick the DD charges.

Also I bought these accessories for 18K from the dealer - Side Door protectors, Rear protectors, Scruff plates, Body cover, Nippon central locking, Llumar Air 75 front windshield film and sides Llumar side film (forgot the series number)...Not sure if its a good deal, but I went ahead, hope the dealer does a good job on the films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey congratulations. did you do a full blown T-BHP PDI?
do start and ownership thread soon.
I tried to do a PDI as much as I could understand. Am pretty much a noob in these things. Will open a thread once I get my car
rrahul_2778 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 10:53   #710
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I just spoke to the dealer and he said the discount in July for petrol ritz zxi was 19k cash + exchange bonus of 12k + free accessories of 2.5k.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:47   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Wow, So this indirectly means Punto diesel at the price of Punto Petrol and 3 months fuel free!!!!?? If true, Good Job FIAT, this should work, Savings of 1 Lakh is a lot!!

I called up VST motors, Chennai & they say this is not a direct offer. Customer need to get lucky(fill a form and outcome of it) to win diesel at the price of petrol.

Would one buy a car, if offered 3 months of free fuel? A big no IMO.
Old 5th July 2011, 17:01   #712
BHPian

@Mdsaab the offers seem to be the same as June so no change there but they were talking about wanting the money before giving delivery of the vehicle to me. I plan to visit them later in the week and hash this and other discounts out with them...At the least i gotta get some accessories..

boot opener remote
sun control film
parking sensors ?

I don't plan to ask them for mud flaps/mats as we all know the quality of concorde's accessories, and bam during delivery I ask them for the car cover before I hand over the check.

let me know if I've got my strategy and bargain wish list right
Old 6th July 2011, 22:59   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
@Mdsaab the offers seem to be the same as June so no change there but they were talking about wanting the money before giving delivery of the vehicle to me. I plan to visit them later in the week and hash this and other discounts out with them...At the least i gotta get some accessories..

boot opener remote
sun control film
parking sensors ?

I don't plan to ask them for mud flaps/mats as we all know the quality of concorde's accessories, and bam during delivery I ask them for the car cover before I hand over the check.

let me know if I've got my strategy and bargain wish list right
Hey NoMind you are speaking like a pro mate.
Ok firstly sorry, i have been traveling non-stop and have not got a chance to speak to a dealer as yet, will do it tomorrow promise.
If they are not willing to give cash, then cash-in on free accessories. This is way easier to get. Remember to speak to the the normal sales rep first and then work your way up to the managers. and slipping out that booking amount cheque in front of the manager always gets a few accessories which they were refusing on the confirmed list. Also try and speak about the body cover beforehand too, just give them a feeler. You got it spot on, the body cover and other smaller items can be had right at the end.
Also explain to them, that doing business with you might get them a few more customers as you have a few friend's who are on the lookout for a new car.

Note :- if you like the product, the service etc then do recommend them to your friend's. you are buying a car and are going to have a long term relationship with the dealer for service etc. so keep things sweet.
Old 7th July 2011, 03:18   #714
Senior - BHPian

I have recently come to know that Mercedes Benz is offering a 30-35% discount on their C class vehicles, scheduled to change very soon. Cant get better.
V-16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 09:36   #715
BHPian

@Mdsaab my sales rep is getting antsy, calling me every day. I've managed to put him off for now. I plan to go there this week end and do my shtuff before I hand in my booking check !
Thanks again for your input, eagerly waiting for some information on your end.
Old 7th July 2011, 09:44   #716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I have recently come to know that Mercedes Benz is offering a 30-35% discount on their C class vehicles, scheduled to change very soon. Cant get better.
30-35% discount??? thats a whopping reduction on price. It will be cheaper than the Honda Accord and Volkswagen Passat at 22 or 23 lacs OTR
Old 7th July 2011, 11:22   #717
Senior - BHPian

Should be accross the range. My cousin bought a C250D for under 30L otr new bombay, OTR. This is a 39L+ car, imagine what the C200K would cost!!
Old 7th July 2011, 16:50   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Should be accross the range. My cousin bought a C250D for under 30L otr new bombay, OTR. This is a 39L+ car, imagine what the C200K would cost!!

Is it possible to get a Proforma or Copy of the invoice for this ?

The Merc dealer in Chennai is stating that its only 3 lacs off from MBIL. They are'nt willing to offer anything further.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:04   #719
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mercedes say that there are around 2000 changes in the car, comparing to the current model. But with the fact that the face lifted C looks so close to the current model, 30-35% discount is quite awesome!
Old 7th July 2011, 21:07   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Mercedes say that there are around 2000 changes in the car, comparing to the current model. But with the fact that the face lifted C looks so close to the current model, 30-35% discount is quite awesome!
This reduced-feature Benz could be the equivalent of BMW's "corporate edition" 3-series.

Nice move!

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks