Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 13:27   #7261
BHPian

Volkswagen is offering 2.5 lacs off the Vento diesel, 2 lacs off on the Ameo and 2019 Polo Diesel variants, I'm sure some more freebies will be included at the time of booking. Looks like the year ending fire sales have begun..
Old 8th November 2019, 13:34   #7262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Volkswagen is offering 2.5 lacs off the Vento diesel, 2 lacs off on the Ameo and 2019 Polo Diesel variants, I'm sure some more freebies will be included at the time of booking. Looks like the year ending fire sales have begun..
Where? I visited Pune showroom 2 days ago, and they said only 1 lakh discount on Ameo DSG.
Old 8th November 2019, 13:54   #7263
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

On the website it states upto 2 lacs discount on Ameo which includes loyalty 20k, corporate 40k, exchange bonus 20k, 5 year standard warranty and road-side assistance.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 14:59   #7264
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Where? I visited Pune showroom 2 days ago, and they said only 1 lakh discount on Ameo DSG.
Advertised in Delhi news papers.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 15:42   #7265
BHPian

It was in the Mumbai papers as well, with additional loyalty bonus etc,
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 19:05   #7266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
On the website it states upto 2 lacs discount on Ameo which includes loyalty 20k, corporate 40k, exchange bonus 20k, 5 year standard warranty and road-side assistance.
Ok. I don't qualify for loyalty, corporate and exchange.
Old 8th November 2019, 19:24   #7267
BHPian

Here i was offered a straight cash discount of 2.1 lakhs on the ameo dsg top end. OTR 9.85 lakhs is what the sales rep told me after discounts.
zombiedriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 22:39   #7268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Here i was offered a straight cash discount of 2.1 lakhs on the ameo dsg top end. OTR 9.85 lakhs is what the sales rep told me after discounts.
Ameo DSG at this price is incredible value. I think Grand i10 nios diesel AT costs more than this!

I think Volkswagen Pune folks stay on cloud 9. They are always claiming that the cars just fly from their showrooms. So they don't give much discounts.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 8th November 2019 at 22:40.
Old 9th November 2019, 04:06   #7269
BHPian

Glc 220d progressive 2019 mfg going for 43.5L ex-showroom which is a crazy deal. Mercedes is getting rid of stock before the new facelifted GLC is launched in India it seems.
aman-bh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 11:45   #7270
BHPian

The Grand i10 D AMT is about the same price here and yes the Ameo is superb value over the i10 considering the engine gearbox combination. Unfortunately i couldn't avail this as i had already paid for the Amaze D VxCVT and the car had already gone for registration. In hindsight i think i still might have opted for the amaze due to my personal requirement of rear seat space.

On a different note was able to get the Amaze at 10.71 lakhs OTR which includes extended warranty, RSA for 4 years, insurance with Zero dep+RTI+engine protect.This is about 64k off from initial price quoted. Would have saved an additional 7-8k if i got insurance from outside but Honda here has a very unethical stance with regards to outside insurance purchase. They refuse to offer cashless claims even if it is from the same provider that they give insurance through.
Old 9th November 2019, 13:55   #7271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

530d at below 55 OTR seems very unlikely in Mumbai. I had a friend had bought a 530i for 50 OTR
Was the 530i for 50L recent and was it an M-Sport version? Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 15:35   #7272
BHPian

Quote:
Ameo is superb value over the i10 considering the engine gearbox combination. Unfortunately i couldn't avail this as i had already paid for the Amaze D VxCVT and the car had already gone for registration. In hindsight i think i still might have opted for the amaze due to my personal requirement of rear seat space.
I recently took a test drive of Ameo DSG, and although it's a well built feature rich car at a VFM price, I was underwhelmed with the performance. There is a noticeable turbo delay in throttle response at low speeds (didn't try high speed) , which feels similar to rubber bamd effect of CVT. On the contrary, Amaze diesel CVT ha somehow eliminated the rubber band effect, which is present in the Jazz. Amaze is also more fuel efficient I think.

So although Amaze misses out on many features, I would pick it over Ameo.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 18:18   #7273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I recently took a test drive of Ameo DSG, and although it's a well built feature rich car at a VFM price, I was underwhelmed with the performance. There is a noticeable turbo delay in throttle response at low speeds (didn't try high speed) , which feels similar to rubber bamd effect of CVT. On the contrary, Amaze diesel CVT ha somehow eliminated the rubber band effect, which is present in the Jazz. Amaze is also more fuel efficient I think.

So although Amaze misses out on many features, I would pick it over Ameo.
After a few days with the Amaze the only thing i don't like is the engine note, wish there was a way to change that . You are right the rubber band effect of the CVT is not very apparent and my guess... it is because of the turbo D. It is otherwise a very capable car and definitely beats boring AMT's.
Old 9th November 2019, 18:51   #7274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda here has a very unethical stance with regards to outside insurance purchase. They refuse to offer cashless claims even if it is from the same provider that they give insurance through.
It is shocking to say the least that Honda has followed this habit even now. It is clearly pushing a monopoly, denying cashless claims for outside insurers, especially when every other brand offers it.
Old 9th November 2019, 20:32   #7275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Check the other thread on Audi’s price drop. A Bhpian already got a sms for Q7 at 59 ex-showroom from Audi Gurgaon.

Yes I don’t expect December to be a bloodbath. March will be even more but there is a high risk that most stocks will be cleared by then.
Please let me know if you're picking one up in Bombay, might be able to drive a better bargain for 2!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks